• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TehBoss

Second Lieutenant
86 Badges
Oct 18, 2009
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
cs-sr904.gif

Glorious Serbia
A DH Kaiserreich AAR

Serbia, in the Kaiserreich timeline, suffered a loss in the Weltkrieg, and it's territories were divided upon between Albania (Kosovo), and Bulgaria (Macedonia and eastern Serbia). Serbia has been reduced to it's pre-first-balkan-war territory, and has a weakling economy and industry. Here is Serbia, the Russia of the Balkans:

1.png

As you can see, Serbia is not a very strong nation. With most of it's former territory gone, and a weak army to boot, Serbia not only has little room to expand, but also little opportunity to grow. And then I notice something... Maybe if I manage to rush them before Romania can possibly join in, maybe I can take over Albania and reconquer Kosovo? It's worth a shot. But that cannot happen right this second, I must setup my industry (or at least what's left of it) and prepare defense plans. My main goal is to basically befriend the Austrian empire as much as possible, until it collapses. Once it is in it's little civil war with Hungary, I might be able to take Bosnia, Montenegro, and/or Vojvodina back. But alas, that is MAJOR long term. Off I go to try and fix this mess of an industry :wacko:

2.png

I'm focusing on reinforcements so I can get Serbia's army back to full strength, in preparation for the invasion of Albania in Operation Kosovo is Serbia. But we must adjust our cabinet and policies first!

3.png

The first thing I did for slider movement was move 1 towards Hawk Lobby. It will really help with taking down dissent, and faster troop build times. I also made Petar Bojovic my Chief of the Army, because I found the old minister's faster Armor building is irrelevant, as Serbia does not have any armor tech of any kind. This new guy will make infantry train faster, and that is what I need now. I also changed the Chief of Staff to Draza Mihajlovic, as he grants +10 unit speed. This will help me (at least a little bit) in my goal to swiftly overrun Albania.

Now onto industry: I am building an IC in Belgrade, to increase it's IC to 10. And also increasing the infrastructures of Uzice and Sabac so I can start building IC there as well.

4.png

I decided to go with infantry research, seeing as how my Cavalry is for the most part up-to-date, but my Infantry itself is rather obsolete. To much surprise, it is researching pretty fast. But now... Operation Kosovo is Serbia is a go...

*Need to make separate post due to attachment limit :p*

Attachments

• cs-sr904.gif
    cs-sr904.gif
    9,1 KB · Views: 98
5.png

Victory! At least so far! Kosovo returns to Serbian hands, but the war is not over, no, no, no! Serbia will continue to show it's wisdom of the falcon as it continues it's war into Albania. Albanian troops are spotted in Shkoder, and Serb troops are eager for battle.

6.png

Okay, this will most likely be an easy conquest, all I need to do is rush for their capital and I can simply annex the bastards. *Twiddles Thumbs*.. wait.... no.... that did NOT just.... oh my god... I knew it was going to happen...

7.png

Unless I can pull off a magical defense and not die, I think I am done for. Maybe if I defeat Albania fast enough? The battles there are going by rather fast, hopefully I can just take Tirana and begin stacking the Romanian border!

8.png

Battle of Tirana begins... and then ends a few days later. I naturally have the impulse to close every single event that pops up, so sorry I haven't been including that in my previous posts :laugh: . aaaand, there goes Albania. Boom.

9.png

Albania is annexed, now hopefully I can drag this war out with Romania until they make peace, or I will never hear the end of it... I need their help against Bulgaria when the time comes. So, with Albania annexed, I can bring my whole army up to the Romanian border to begin defense preparations, I will hold my main infantry already guarding the border in their current spots, and keep 2 cavalry groups behind the lines on reserve duty as not to incite a Romanian buildup.

Let us hope this works...

The War Against the Ottomans and Romanians continues!

The cavalry groups are on reserve, and a militia force is under organization. Serbia does not have the time nor industrial power to begin pooping the Infantry out... yet. Plenty of manpower though, so that's good!

10.png

^ The current industrial situation. I managed to free up some industry without sacrificing supplies for the production of 2 militia each on a quad serial run. I now prepare for the worst, but the air force manages to win a few air battles against the Ottomans over my skies.

11.png

The Battle of Albania is over, the Battle of Serbia has just begun... I manage to stop the Romanians from any intention of attacking me, while at the same time managing a limited air war over my skies against the Ottomans. After a border skirmish against the Romanians, I discover they only have 4 divisions on my border. I currently have 3 deployed on the border, and another 5 on reserve on planned defense of the border. I'm contemplating whether or not to advance into Wallachia or not... If I managed to advance, It would mean more glory for Serbia. But if I fail, it will mean wasted lives, and I could possibly collapse my own front by draining organization and strength. Not good! Time to continue research!

12.png

Here is the partitioning of Albania. I kept Shkoder under my control at least for now, gave Tirana and Vlore to a Albanian puppet state (It will give me money, plus that industry is done for...), and Korce is given to the Greeks. I will need their help later so I'm giving them a sign of well being XD

13.png

Hopefully this event keeps on happening, I could use more dissent loss! Meanwhile, 2 of the 8 militia divisions are complete. They are placed in Pristina and Uzice so they can reorganize faster and eventually move to the front in Romania, and possibly Albania. But that is a big possibly. No idea if the Ottomans are planning anything or not... Yes! A military parade is held in Beograd, and I lost 5 dissent. This war might not be bad after all.

14.png

And finally, it has come to this. This is where Serbia's fate will be decided. If I stay monarchal, and the Ausgleich goes terrible for Austria (I hope to god it does, it usually does) then I should have no trouble in sneaking a few campaigns in here and there. If I become a republic, I will gain quite a bit of dissent, but it could prove useful in the future.

I chose to go with Republic. Mainly just out of curiosity, I've never seen nor have I ever decided to go democratic when this event triggers. Should be interesting to see what happens now.

And not even a few days, elections come by. This better than I thought, choosing anything except disbanding the democracy will result in dissent loss. I will be able to utilize 100% of Serbia's industry, and coupled with my research we might just reach 20 Theoretical IC! I chose to have the People's Party win the elections. It seems natural, my main belligerents will be the same belligerents of the Syndicalists. Why not gain a few friends in this process!

And then that great event triggers. This is where my main long-term goal is decided. I can stay peaceful and keep my current territory, which is NOT going to happen anytime this century. I can aim for greater Serbia, which causes relation loss with basically all of my neighbors, or aim for a Slavic Union (Yugoslavia). Going Slavic federation gives me 5 dissent, but my policies are moved exactly where I want them. Meanwhile just aiming for greater Serbia will give me a negative dissent hit (good), but I will still lose relations with many neighbors. But I need to be thinking long term. I aim for Yugoslavia. Sadly, the wost thing for me happened I think. The Austro-Hungarian empire federalized, and now Austria has an even tighter grip on the politics of all those nations. I will be utterly fucked if any of this bad luck continues. This is terrible. And then Austria went ahead and demanded that Danilo become king of Serbia. And if I do that, I return to monarchy and lose ALL my claims basically. This is just one more way for Austria to push Serbia around, and good 'ol Dragisa won't stand for any of Austria's shenanigans. It is either we lose everything we have worked for so far, or we face war with Austria. I decide to push my luck and try to oppose Austria.

After rejecting, Austria immediately declares war, and due to their federalization of the Empire, I am currently at war with the entire Austro-Hungarian region. There is no way in hell I can win this. I fear it is the end of Serbia, BUT I MUST FIGHT TO THE LAST SERB.

Something is clearly wrong here. I am advancing into Montenegro, and beating an Austrian division with a measly reserve Militia group. However, the air war is nowhere as optimistic. I have lost every air battle that has happened so far. If Hungary continues to control the skies like this, I fear what will happen when they bomb all my units and send me back to the stone age.

I will make another post JUST about Montenegro. The battle has intensified beyond my imagination...

15.png 16.png

Initially, that is what the battle of Montenegro looked like. Optimistic yes? I know. I thought I would overrun Austrian positions and use the Montenegrin mountains as better defensive positions, instead I got:

17.png

Bang, an Austrian death-stack twice the size of my army arrives in Prijepolje! I withdrew from Cetinje and Prijepolje's battles as soon as I noticed this. Meanwhile, the Second American Civil War rages onwards. However, eventually I got destroyed by Austria. Their armies eventually encircled Belgrade and my military collapsed. Next time, I will not be stubborn and just accept Austria's demand... Hey, I can always join in when Montenegro revolts! Lol

This time I made 2 different decisions with the major events I did in the previous 2 posts. First off, rather than choosing Slavic union, I went with Greater Serbia. I made the Peasant's Party leader of Serbia, so it would rid me of dissent, so my hit when I accept Austria's demand isn't too bad dissent wise. And... oh my god... I am doomed...

19.png

I take it my luck has ran out. Should I just attempt the save once again? There is no way I can go up against the Austrian behemoth...

You got screwed on the Ausgleich...
Do you have a December 36 autosave? ;)

If you can rush, you can redirect Austrian redeployments. They have an undersized army currently - go for it. Try a push via Hungary and then go for Vienna. Try an alliance with Bohemia, or Iron Guard Romania.

Last edited:
Wow. I'm a great fan of underdog stories so I think you should keep trying until you make it. Go for forming Yugoslavia as a democracy. :)

Hmm good luck! :)

Good luck in your desperate fight.

You got screwed on the Ausgleich...
Do you have a December 36 autosave? ;)

If you can rush, you can redirect Austrian redeployments. They have an undersized army currently - go for it. Try a push via Hungary and then go for Vienna. Try an alliance with Bohemia, or Iron Guard Romania.

Actually... I might just have an autosave for 36. I'll check that out. I know for sure I have a save in Feb or January 37 right after you choose to form Greater Serbia/Yugoslavia, and then Monarchy/Republic. So it is right before the Ausgleich. What really ticked me off is 90% of the time I play Kaiserreich, it usually ends up with a civil war in Austria Hungary, and the montenegro revolts. My plan was basically to invade Montenegro as it revolts, annex, and then rush through Bosnia. Once I get the peace with Austria event then boom. I've got Bosnia and Montenegro.

Wow. I'm a great fan of underdog stories so I think you should keep trying until you make it. Go for forming Yugoslavia as a democracy. :)

Thanks! That's exactly what I was planning :)

--

I'll be continuing this in a few hours, just got to go somewhere.

Do you really have to oppose the Austrians that early? I thought there were events in '38/'39 where you can gang up on Bulgaria together with Romania and Greece, and gain back Macedonia plus some spoils. And use that as your first step to expansion, rather than forcing a conflict in 1937 already when you're weak and small.

Civil War in Austria-Hungary.PNGBosnian War.PNG

Been a while since I updated but here goes what I can remember:

Pretext: I reloaded the save twice before I continued playing. No way I was going up against the massive austria, but I did keep the save in case anyone wants to see me get destroyed (lol).

The Austrians collapsed in their civil war, I pretty much managed to take Bosnia before they could even react, they were busy fighting Croatia and Hungary. I think I liberated Montenegro (Better them than Austria, plus they give me much needed monies). Aaaand that's about it. I haven't been playing the game really, I've been more focused on my modern day mod. Oh, and I liberated Albania. Probably because the 4 IC in Tirana was destroyed during the war, and plus the revolt Risks got crazy after all my reforms...

Ooh, one of the best underdog AARs I've seen in the DH forum yet :D I will follow (if you will continue, after all).