• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
They definitely need some more drama. For example:

- A vassal is publicly embarassed by not being able to hold his drink.
- Your spouse is having a long conversation with one of your vassals.
- A vassal criticises you for spending so much money on yourself when the peasants are starving/they're paying too much tax/there's a Crusade on.
- A couple of your vassals appear to have drunk a bit too much and are arguing.
- Your Spymaster reports that a vassal made uncomplimentary remarks about you.
- Your Chancellor wonders whether you should invite a foreign neighbour.
- Your Spymaster suggests that there may be a good opportunity to compromise one of your enemies with one of the serving staff.

Yeah the feast and summer fair need to be a bit more worthwhile. The hunting one is good though, there's a nice range of possible good events and worthwhile risks. And the Grand Tournament is extremely helpful to make the short reign penalty less painful (+10 relations with all vassals, more for a few others, yes please!)

My duke was caught (imprisoned) during the feast and executed thereafter...

Not every feast was incredibly dramatic, some of them were just nice times for all involved.

- A vassal criticises you for spending so much money on yourself when the peasants are starving/they're paying too much tax
:rofl: <-- that would propably be the reaction
Anyway, I actually wanted to ask what my relation towards someone else changes if anything? If I like someone, but he doesn't like me, what does it matter? After all, I'll never temporarily switch character, only on death, so it's not like these relations could be useful later. Or does it change any events, actions, chances of success etc?

Well, I generally have to agree taht feasts are useless. First of all, they cost a pretty penny in comparison to both hunts and fairs.

Secondly, each time I made a feast it ends with people not comng, being rude and generally it lowers my relations with far more people than it raises relations. And I tried it with several of my rulers, so i know its not just "this one guy with poor traits".

I ended up making hunts, mayeb soem fairs, but no feasts. They aren't worth it.

Then next time buy pheasants instead of Big Macs hm?

Considering money isn´t in such short suplly and you can make festivals and feasts every single year, if they gave huge bonuses it would be too easy to exploit.

Then next time buy pheasants instead of Big Macs hm?

Considering money isn´t in such short suplly and you can make festivals and feasts every single year, if they gave huge bonuses it would be too easy to exploit.

Even in my late Ireland game, (by the 1300s I had a lot of money) this happened. I could spend on the most expensive food, entertainers etc and STILL the feasts would make my relations with my vassals drop. Unless making relations get worse is actually the point of the feast (kind of like the jester title).

Secondly, each time I made a feast it ends with people not comng, being rude and generally it lowers my relations with far more people than it raises relations. And I tried it with several of my rulers, so i know its not just "this one guy with poor traits".
I've found the stats/traits of my ruler have far less impact on the feast than my vassals opinion of me. If everyone likes me, then things so well, if they don't then I get the bad events. Which makes them pretty useless except in situations where you have a few vassals you hate and you want to provoke them.

I think the events CK2 shipped with are more tech demos than serious efforts to be the last word in scripting. The potential for epic complexity and game extension is there ..

I agree with the vassal opionion, it seems that it drives relations further into the direction they are already heading.

So people that dislike you will be angry about having to attend and relations will be more strained.

People that like you already will like you even more in most cases.

So basicly the correct time to hold a feast is when you have good relations, but need them higher due to expected worsening of relations (ie. you plan to banish a vassal or take land).

The other time is when you want an expected revolt to happen sooner rather then later (like before a truce with a powerfull enemy expires).

So one guy comes away with a bit more love, and *I* end up liking people more? I thought they would like ME! Grrr.... never again my ungrateful nobility, never again! I eat alone! :glare:
Don't know if they are "weak". The bonus to relations may mean a lot more troops shortly before going to war.

or better yet invite everyone to your court for the feast, when they are their imprison them revoke their titles and execute them all!
Sounds like a splendid idea. Is it easier to assassinate of imprison vassals when they take part to a feast ? Do some of the concillors action apply to lords based on their locations (alledging that this location changes for tournament and feasts)?

The feast event is also dependants on traits for example I had a bishop who was an impaled and he murdered a servant for something during a feast. I never heals one whilst any vass was an impaler. You get prestige for Jolson feasts and it works best if you are a small count rather then huge kingdom as fewer vassals to make like you.