+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Banish bishoprics exploit

Banish bishoprics exploit

This is a bit of an exploit that I discovered while reforming my empire and banshing my vassals. Since banishment usually costs 10 piety, there'll come a time when you run out of piety. To solve this problem, create a bishopic vassals which will give you +piety (around 25+ piety, depending on the title you give him). Banish him. Rinse and repeat until you are in piety heaven. Use this to banish more people ($$$) or to get a Holy title in 3 years.

You get -40 vassal relations every time you banish someone unjustly. How is that an exploit?

^ Please re-read my post. I was banishing all my vassals. When you put in new vassals, relations start at 0.

Close the worLd,.txEn eht nepO GAGA Extrem's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Does it stay that way?
    I though tyranny was piled up for the ruler and is re-applied to vassals in regular intervals.

If that is not the case, file a bug report and Pdox will fix i.

Horse Archer

It's not a bug, it's WAD. Why should a new count worry what you did with old feudal lords.

His strategy is an exploit of that system, though, and probably should be prevented but it's not possible to do in the bigger realms anyway.

Close the worLd,.txEn eht nepO GAGA Extrem's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    It's not a bug, it's WAD. Why should a new count worry what you did with old feudal lords.
    Word spreads fast, those banished will not stay silent.
    Would you accept titles from a duke that is know for having imprisoned and banished all of his former vassals for no reason? I guess you would think twice about it.

Horse Archer

Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post
    Word spreads fast, those banished will not stay silent.
    Would you accept titles from a duke that is know for having imprisoned and banished all of his former vassals for no reason? I guess you would think twice about it.
    Infinite banishment to gain piety is indeed an exploit but it shouldn't happen realistically. First reason is why would you imprison/banish someone?
    1) to gain his title personally
    2) to give his titles to someone else

If you already did 2), then the new guy doesn't have any reason to fear. CK2 is about characters and by banishing you got rid of a character and got a new one. Old establishment might be angry but the new guys should be loyal to you. It happened historically and I don't see why it shouldn't happen in the game. Likewise, you don't get bonuses across characters either - if you defeated rebels for the old count, new count isn't gonna get +25 for defeated rebels.

Just remove this exploit by raising piety lost on banishment to 25 and there would be no banishment/grant bishoprics exploit ad infinitum.

For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMagickaSengokuVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post

His strategy is an exploit of that system, though, and probably should be prevented but it's not possible to do in the bigger realms anyway.
    Why should wife number four worry about the previous three wives mysteriously disappearing and there being three depressions in the woods behind the house. Because patterns repeat?
    I mean exactly what I write.
    Unless I'm being sarcastic, ironic or exaggerating or understating for effect. Or using allegory.

Mein Führer! I can walk!
    Soylent Grün ist menschenfleisch!!

Horse Archer

Tell that to the wives of Henry VIII.

Unless a ruler is stark raving mad, there's a reason why anyone would be dealt with harshly (executed, banished etc...). New characters would usually jump at the opportunity for elevation of their status (becoming a feudal lord, marrying a ruler etc...) and be careful not to repeat the mistakes of their predecessors.

CK2 already completely favours benevolent rulers, you can't be a tyrant and have everyone be quiet due to fear of you. You can only be kind, just, peaceful, lawful and benevolent if you want no rebellions. You already can't execute or banish traitors with no penalty (why?). Raising in rebellion was the worst kind of offence back then, with those who did ended up tortured and quartered. In the game, you can take one title from them, and only from the ruler who rebelled, not from those involved.

Allowing tyranny to be remembered by all characters, new and old, you're giving people even less options to manage their realm. Banishment would be impossible because -140 would ensure that you would have constant rebellions every day until your ruler died. Changing that would require complete rework of the banishment mechanic.

Also, even with the most tyranical rulers, as soon as a place was opened, other people jumped at the opportunity and actually tried to keep on the good side of the ruler instead of rebelling

+ Reply to Thread