• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Regarding playing as pagan. No need to do it so complicated. :) as I said, the code is play charid. The charid is found in te file, yes, but in the latest patch the charid should be present ingame.

hum ... I hate to be the first to say but at this speed you will not dominate the whole europe (especially with super Byzantine Empire on the way) a pity, I was eager to see the Mongolians invaded Rome, England, Spain and everything in between.

He's got a host of lovely traits - Deceitful, Gluttonous, Slothful, Shy, and Wroth.

He sounds a most friendly and brilliant young man.

That is quite a rebellion! Still, at least the Khanate isn't short of a soldier or two.

Athalcor: It may be anachronistic, but that version is only shown when the holder's top liege is Christian or Pagan. Both of which very rarely happen.

Nikolai: I can't find the character ID present in-game, nor can I find an option for it. And, since I didn't know this when I started, I used that method then.

Magnos III: You're right... The civil war being fought does not help matters. And it can get much worse.

Ybakgibumpti: Indeed! He's still young, but I don't want him ruling for a long time, mostly because everyone hates him. Still, I'll have to put up with him.

Ran Miller: One word? Hmm... And thank you!

morningSIDEr: You would be surprised how easily one runs out of levies, especially when your army splits itself in half and pitches one against the other. I was hoping to take out Danish Hungary, but I simply don't have the free levies.

The Il-khanate​

Chapter 13​

After much deliberation:

ilkhanate120.jpg

I remember looking at the realm tree just before the rebellion. His relative strength: 46%. So I have him murdered - a gamble. 23% chance of success and 51% of discovery. But fortunately it pays off.

ilkhanate121.jpg

I've had more luck with rebels dropping dead. He was sixty-nine, so it's likely to have been disease or old age.

ilkhanate122.jpg

The Emperor has a son who he names after himself, and the Empress falls pregnant again shortly later.

ilkhanate123.jpg

The situation in northeast Europe. I have a feeling the relationship problems are exacerbated by having the capital in Antalo, Ethiopia. Pereyaslavl's not one of mine, but most of the others are, including Galich.

ilkhanate124.jpg

This is worse than it looks. The Dukes of places such as Dammam, Sanaa and Tigris, along with Arabia Felix, Oman, and Basra, are extraordinarily powerful. Tigris, for example, has a 21,000 levy, which falls between Norway and Denmark in numbers and is ahead of the Holy Roman Empire. They generally provide most of my troops. Persia won't go again until the King hits sixteen - he's eight.

ilkhanate125.jpg

ilkhanate126.jpg

Two more sons follow within a year of one another.

Five years later:

ilkhanate127.jpg

ilkhanate128.jpg

the situation has considerably worsened. Notice, also, that Byzantium has stolen Smolensk and Azov out from under me. At the moment, there is barely an adult duke neither in open revolt nor in prison. Furthermore, the Persian King is now of age, and if he goes, the whole Ilkhanate will probably explode. I'm rather worried.

ilkhanate129.png

And the ledger does not bode well either.

The dreams of conquering Europe are shattering, aren't they? Too bad, I hoped for the green tide swallowing the West.

That is the silliest Byzantium I have ever seen. I still hope for the Green Tide's chances of success, though!

Ominous stuff. Hopefully you can right matters and bring most of your vassals to heel, there is still so much to conquer.

Athalcor, Saithis: Yes, a world European conquest is looking very unlikely due to a combination of gruelling civil wars and super-Byzantium.

Theotian: Thank you for having your first post on my AAR! I'm honoured. And yes, I'm trying my best to keep my vassals in prison, but I'm only trying to fight the current ones to white peace, rather than enforcing prison on them, and those that are in prison already seem to have a very short lifespan.

Magnos III: I'm not sure about that... I think if I wrote another CK2 AAR it would be about a different part of the world. And I'm not exactly in a position to play much at the moment.

morningSIDEr: Hopefully indeed. But they're very stubborn - they won't even take white peace when they're losing. It may call for a little judicious assassination.

ZechsMerquise73: ...you want some more? I'm going to have to disappoint you... :(

__

There won't be any action here for a while, since I have managed to incapacitate my Windows partition, and I can't yet run CK2 on the Mac. This will continue when I either fix the Windows or when the Mac version comes out. But until then, you won't be seeing much here. :(

Athalcor, Saithis: Yes, a world European conquest is looking very unlikely due to a combination of gruelling civil wars and super-Byzantium.

Theotian: Thank you for having your first post on my AAR! I'm honoured. And yes, I'm trying my best to keep my vassals in prison, but I'm only trying to fight the current ones to white peace, rather than enforcing prison on them, and those that are in prison already seem to have a very short lifespan.

Magnos III: I'm not sure about that... I think if I wrote another CK2 AAR it would be about a different part of the world. And I'm not exactly in a position to play much at the moment.

morningSIDEr: Hopefully indeed. But they're very stubborn - they won't even take white peace when they're losing. It may call for a little judicious assassination.

ZechsMerquise73: ...you want some more? I'm going to have to disappoint you... :(

__

There won't be any action here for a while, since I have managed to incapacitate my Windows partition, and I can't yet run CK2 on the Mac. This will continue when I either fix the Windows or when the Mac version comes out. But until then, you won't be seeing much here. :(

Sad hope you get it working again have fun reading about your Ilk adventures...and that is the definitely the strangest Byzantium, love seeing AARs though so entertaining seeing how differently the world unfolds.

All these civil wars... Almost as bad as they are in that Crovan AAR... Good luck to you!