• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Athalcor: I realised this very quickly, as the notification wouldn't go away. As for Seniority, it's been messing around with the Svacic dynasty in Croatia - they lose Hungary due to differing succession laws. Hungary is now ruled by a Dane - the house of Hvide is all over the place.

The Il-khanate​

Chapter 9​

The decade of civil war ends and the Khagan finally gets approval for medium crown authority. Vassals can't fight each other any more, and I can now revoke titles from Christians.

Sadly Khubilai dies far too early and his son, Dagun, becomes Khagan. Wait - no, not Khagan - it says Emperor. Why is this? Because somehow, he's become a Komi. Disaster. I must have had him educated by my single Komi count of Tmuturakan. Now there will be a relations penalty with almost everyone...

To add to the disaster, the Khagan of the Timurids appears on the eastern border of the map with 80,000 soldiers. Hooray.

Now seems like a good time for a maps update. That was also the 100th picture, a convenient milestone.

Independent Realms. The Duchy of Ulster (bright green) is currently attacking Scotland for independence. It looks like they'll win - they're by far the strongest. That beige in Ukraine is a Byzantine vassal in revolt, and the green in Morocco is the German Kingdom of Mauretania. Meanwhile, in eastern Europe, the Duchy of Apulia is fighting an independence war from Croatia, which is now Hungarian-cultured again. In central England, the Duchy of Cornwall in intent on breaking free from Norway, and the Kingdom of England has been re-established. By a Dane. With its capital in Halland.

Religions. The last Sunni Muslim state has ceased to exist, and Shi'a Islam has been replaced by the Bektashi heresy. The Ilkhanate has gradually converted its subjects to Tengriism. Moral authority for the four major religions is 100. Interestingly the Bektashi Caliph is head of the Shia religion.

Cultures. Poles have continued to colonise the Baltic coast - but the wrong bit - and Croatians have been moving north into Hungary. A short-lived Scottish Alexandria resulted in some Scots there, and Germans too, nearby. Byzantine Greeks have flipped the eastern Balkans to their culture - Vlachs, Bulgarians, Georgians, and Basques have ceased to exist. Mongols have settled all over Iran, Arabia, and eastern Russia. Since when I invite a noble to my court he is always of my culture and religion, the counties confiscated from Russian dukes will go to Komis, which may spread Komi culture into western Russia.

Last edited:
Continued good progress, I do like the casus belli for war with Russia; their map text looked good! Just as I thought the Il-Khanate were the only major Horde left following the Golden Horde's demise, the Timurids appear in considerable numbers. This should prove interesting.

So, why haven't you conquered Byzantium yet?:p

Timur Khan!

With the emergence of this new kid and plenty of countries across your borders, I hope to see someone take advantage and turn this into a real mess.

Athalcor, Taiisatai64: That coat-of-arms shown in the event box seems to be the placeholder barony given to the Mongol characters before they arrive on the map. His proper COA is the pale yellow one - a randomly-generated Muslim one.

morningSIDEr: I'm worried I've hit the largest font available - but there's no harm in running an experiment to find out if this is true or not.

ZechsMerquise73: More is here! Sorry for the delay, I've been having to find a new place for the pictures.

Nikolai: This is why:

ilkhanate109.jpg

It'll take some time before I can amass that many troops. Of course, I could murder the Emperor - I'll wait and see which of the Byzantine Emperor and the Shia Caliph dies first, and invade them if I can.

Saithis: It certainly was messy, but I think I've escaped more or less unscathed by opposing powers...

The Il-khanate​

Chapter 10​

Author's Note: Mister Imageshack has determined that I have uploaded too many AAR pictures, and can't upload any more unless I give them some money. Therefore, I'm switching to Photobucket from now on. It doesn't have a limit on number of files uploaded, but does have a monthly bandwidth allowance.

ilkhanate101.jpg

Here is the Khagan Timur with a different coat-of-arms. He has three courtiers, all of which have the same name and look identical. They each have different jobs.

ilkhanate102.jpg

I mobilise as many soldiers as I can, and prepare to take on the stacks of death like those I had earlier. (I think I'm not getting any more.)

ilkhanate103.jpg

I take heavy casualties in this battle, but manage to turn the 40k group into a more manageable force. I have the advantage that my soldiers replenish - Timur's probably won't. Also, I found that the 20,000 men all come in one group - no flanking groups.

ilkhanate104.jpg

More troops are sent in and that is the last of the Timurid hordes.

ilkhanate105.jpg

No soldiers means 100% warscore, and he is obliged to surrender.

ilkhanate106.jpg

Making him do so seems to have been a bad decision. On that event box appearing, so did this notification. It appears that vassals can't rebel if the liege is defending against an Invasion CB.

ilkhanate107.jpg

My eldest son. Thankfully, despite being a Komi like me, he looks Mongolian still. It wouldn't be proper otherwise.

ilkhanate108.jpg

These four vassals - Perm-Bulgar-Aktobe-Tyumen - are all vassals I created when the Khagan was Persian, so they are Persian too. They hate me, have lots of soldiers, and are very stubborn - the High Chief of Aktobe won't give up with no army and his entire demesne occupied by either me or peasants.

It's taking me a lot of time to deal with these rebels, so I will end this short update here and bash them as soon as I can.

Continuing to do well! Been following the whole time, glad you're still updating. Good to see that the Iron Khan couldn't give you too much trouble. Good luck smashing the rebels, there are bigger fish to fry. :D

Should be "play charID".:) Not sure if you need to modify files first though.

Those sure are some angry vassals! Time to teach them about a little thing called Steppe Justice...

I have to almost salute any vassal who dare rebel against the vanquisher of the Timurid Horde, said man is hugely brave. Or, more likely, hugely stupid.

Bballman23: If only the Emperor wouldn't die so early... he could have had 40 years of bashing non-pagans.

Tarnor, Nikolai: Open your save in Notepad/Notepad++ (can take a long time). Search for "e_il-khanate". It should say "holder = ######". Close the save. In CK2, choose any character, type into the console "play ######", using the same number as in the save. Save the game. You can reload as a pagan, unlike in CK1.

Saithis: Some even rebel against me with high positive relations - just fought someone who rebelled at +100 relations. It's useful to release prisoners you caught in wars against foreign powers, and practically-infinite money helps too. Those who aren't happy after that are just killed.

morningSIDEr: I blame the Khagans for installing the stupid as Dukes and High Chiefs. But I am lucky that King Dariush of Persia is content, and unwilling to rebel.

TonyJoe: Seems like it... here's the code:

Code:
# Ilkhanate converts to Catholic
character_event = {
	id = 60010
	title = "EVTNAME60010"
	desc = "EVTDESC60010"
	picture = "GFX_evt_mongols"
	major = yes

is_ruler = yes

trigger = {
		primary_title = {
			title = e_il-khanate
			holder_scope = {
				religion = tengri_pagan
				NOT = { trait = zealous }
			}
		}
		had_global_flag = { flag = il_khanate_arrival days = 14600 }
		NOT = { had_global_flag = { flag = il_khanate_arrival days = 29200 } }
		NOT = { has_global_flag = il_khanate_converts }
		any_realm_province = {
			religion = catholic
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 480
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.75
			any_demesne_province = {
				is_capital = yes
				religion = catholic
			}
		}
	}

immediate = {
		set_global_flag = il_khanate_converts
	}

option = {	# Catholic
		name = "EVTOPTA60010"
		trigger = {
			has_landed_title = e_il-khanate
		}
		religion = catholic
		capital_scope = {
			religion = catholic
		}
		any_realm_character = {
			limit = { religion = tengri_pagan }
			religion = catholic
			if = {
				limit = {
					capital_scope = {
						religion = tengri_pagan
					}
				}
				capital_scope = {
					religion = catholic
				}
			}
		}
	}
	# Other rulers are informed
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTB60010"
		trigger = {
			religion_group = muslim
			NOT = { has_landed_title = e_il-khanate }
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EXCELLENT"
		trigger = {
			religion_group = christian
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTD60010"
		trigger = {
			religion_group = pagan_group
		}
	}
}

# Ilkhanate converts to Orthodox
character_event = {
	id = 60011
	title = "EVTNAME60010"
	desc = "EVTDESC60011"
	major = yes

is_ruler = yes

trigger = {
		primary_title = {
			title = e_il-khanate
			holder_scope = {
				religion = tengri_pagan
			}
		}
		any_realm_province = {
			religion = orthodox
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 480
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.75
			any_demesne_province = {
				is_capital = yes
				religion = orthodox
			}
		}
	}

immediate = {
	}

option = {	# Orthodox
		name = "EVTOPTA60010"
		trigger = {
		}
		religion = orthodox
		any_realm_character = {
			religion = orthodox
			if = {
				limit = {
					capital_scope = {
						religion = tengri_pagan
					}
				}
				capital_scope = {
					religion = orthodox
				}
			}
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTB60010"
		trigger = {
			religion_group = muslim
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EXCELLENT"
		trigger = {
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTD60010"
		trigger = {
		}
	}
}

# Ilkhanate converts to Sunni
character_event = {
	id = 60012
	title = "EVTNAME60010"
	desc = "EVTDESC60012"
	major = yes

is_ruler = yes

trigger = {
		primary_title = {
			title = e_il-khanate
			holder_scope = {
				religion = tengri_pagan
			}
		}
		any_realm_province = {
			religion = sunni
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 480
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.75
			any_demesne_province = {
				is_capital = yes
				religion = sunni
			}
		}
	}

immediate = {
	}

option = {	# Sunni
		name = "EVTOPTA60010"
		trigger = {
		}
		religion = sunni
		any_realm_character = {
			religion = sunni
			if = {
				limit = {
					capital_scope = {
						religion = tengri_pagan
					}
				}
				capital_scope = {
					religion = sunni
				}
			}
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EXCELLENT"
		trigger = {
			religion_group = muslim
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTC60010"
		trigger = {
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTD60010"
		trigger = {
		}
	}
}

# Ilkhanate converts to Shiite
character_event = {
	id = 60013
	title = "EVTNAME60010"
	desc = "EVTDESC60013"
	major = yes

is_ruler = yes

trigger = {
		primary_title = {
			title = e_il-khanate
			holder_scope = {
				religion = tengri_pagan
			}
		}
		any_realm_province = {
			religion = shiite
		}
	}

mean_time_to_happen = {
		months = 480
		modifier = {
			factor = 0.75
			any_demesne_province = {
				is_capital = yes
				religion = shiite
			}
		}
	}

immediate = {
	}

option = {	# Shiite
		name = "EVTOPTA60010"
		trigger = {
		}
		religion = shiite
		any_realm_character = {
			religion = shiite
			if = {
				limit = {
					capital_scope = {
						religion = tengri_pagan
					}
				}
				capital_scope = {
					religion = shiite
				}
			}
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EXCELLENT"
		trigger = {
			religion_group = muslim
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTC60010"
		trigger = {
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTD60010"
		trigger = {
		}
	}
}

29200/365 = 80, so I can't convert more than eighty years after arrival. Since the Ilkhanate arrived in 1218 and it's now 1400, there will be no conversion.

Athalcor: That must be the case! It must be due to the attack of the cursed Muslim shields.

ZechsMerquise73: Sorry to hear that!

The Il-khanate​

Chapter 11​

ilkhanate110.jpg

The Emperor's wife dies. No, she didn't have an "accident" that coincided with the end of her child-bearing age. She just died.

ilkhanate111.jpg

I take advantage of the situation to find a new wife. Young and lustful, just the way the Emperor likes them...

ilkhanate112-1.jpg

The Byzantines have continued to expand by eating another innocent European country. This time, Sweden, on which a duke in Poland had a claim. Its capital is in central Poland, just out of the picture.

ilkhanate113.jpg

My vassals always rebel at the most inappropriate moments! Just when I try to get a tournament going, the High Chief of Dammam pops up. Obviously, he gets squashed, but it's just irritating.

ilkhanate114.jpg

Well, this was unexpected. :p

ilkhanate115.jpg

This must be why the Emperor doesn't want to convert to Islam. He wouldn't get to drink his alcohol...

ilkhanate116.jpg

Obviously he's had too much to drink, and kicks the bucket at the age of forty. Too young... now his fourteen-year-old son will rule the Ilkhanate.

What the hell Byzantium.

Also, I have to love seeing the 10,000 strong revolts "get squashed." Really puts the power of the Ilkhanate in perspective!

Saithis: I've yet to see Byzantium collapse in CK2. I normally (unlike a lot of the forum) do my best to see them dead in EU3.

The Il-khanate​

(mini-) Chapter 12​

ilkhanate117.jpg

The Emperor hits his sixteenth birthday, and marries. He's got a host of lovely traits - Deceitful, Gluttonous, Slothful, Shy, and Wroth. He also has a moustache.

ilkhanate118.jpg

I remember my epic struggle against the Emirate of Sanaa. Now they're back, rebelling against me. They have enormous amounts of soldiers, as they did a hundred years ago, and the terrain is awful (my stack was 21000 one province ago).

ilkhanate119.jpg

Damn.

The Sanaa flag is kinda anachronistic.

And GL against Persia. At least you will retake the King-title there ;).

Btw, the war-declaration message looks like the only place in the game mentioning Ireland :D.