+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do i change religion?

How do i change religion?

I have been working my ass of to get my lands to go catholic, then when my king dies I see his son is orthodox wich gives me some problems. How can i get him to convert to catholicism?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindImpireMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Have your heir be tutored by a catholic. If he is too old (you need to start at age 6 to be 100% sure) just wait for next heir. If you don't have any catholics just invite catholic claimants to your court.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchling View Post
    Have your heir be tutored by a catholic. If he is too old (you need to start at age 6 to be 100% sure) just wait for next heir. If you don't have any catholics just invite catholic claimants to your court.
    It usually doesn't take long to have your heir changed into his tutors culture/religion. Even if he's 15 its worth a shot.

Problem is its not my Heir, its my main charkter and he is realy young king, like 22 with no kids yet. So i'll have to wait some 40 years before i get this problem solved...

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindImpireMagicka
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If your siblings are heretics they try to convert you so this might happen with orthodox people as well, although I've never seen it myself. Do you have any catholic siblings?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Make all your councillors catholic, as I believe there's also an event where they ask you to convert.

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    If they are a member of your court (and possibly realm)you should see an option on that character's diplomacy screen where you can demand they convert to your religion.
    A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Usually if you Court Chaplain is catholic, there's a good chance of an event firing offering you conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhion View Post
    Usually if you Court Chaplain is catholic, there's a good chance of an event firing offering you conversion.
    How do you make him court chaplain in the first place? Ive had a daughter marry a catholic guy but i cant make him my chaplain.
    Last edited by Guston; 20-07-2012 at 20:02.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis IV

One way that works 100 % is to swear fealty to a higher ranked lord that has the religion you want to convert to.
    You can than choose the decision to convert to his religion. You can also change your culture to his this way.

On the downside, you lose 500 prestige points and your independence, at least for some time...

Another way is to have a spouse with the religion you want to convert to, it might offer the chance to convert by an event.

Crusader Kings IISengokuMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If you have RoI:
    Conquer a catholic province and relocate your capital to that province. In the intrigue menu you can change your religion.
    How can one who takes life, create life. - Yamada Asaemon

It depends where the ruler is. Just raise your country levies and have your ruler as the commander and move him to the heretic (if you want to convert to heresy, same either way) region. There should be an event. Yes, this is in ROI.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Necromancy is bad. Try to avoid it in the future, mkay?

+ Reply to Thread