+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I release the USA as Great Britain?

Can I release the USA as Great Britain?

I wanted to do an alternate history game where the Albany plan of union passed. If I can what year can I?
    I am the Emeror of the Intergalactic Roman Empire! Bow before my might!
    Current Game: Basiliea Rhomaion

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    If you start the game in 1750, you should be able to release the USA immediately. In you start earlier, the cores are created by event but it kind of depends when.

I went to the Create vassal screen but they're not on the list of releasable nations. I'm I doing something wrong?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...amp-Taxes-AAR. A new AAR: HAIL BASILIEA RHOMAION!! ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL!!! A PPA MEIOU&Taxes AAR. Will it fail? Probably.

Myself
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

No, you can't. USA has American primary culture and this culture can never appear in games with early start date (it does however exist if you start the game at a very late start date). They still can revolt, but they can't be released.
    Sit now there, and look out upon the lands where evil and despair shall come to those whom thou allied. Thou hast dared to mock me, and to question the power of France, master of the fates of Europe. Therefore with my explorers thou shalt see, and with my spies thou shalt hear; and never shall thou be released from vassalage until all is fulfilled unto its bitter end.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Ah, Me_ is right about the culture. In that case, try July 1764.

Quote Originally Posted by Junuxx View Post
    Ah, Me_ is right about the culture. In that case, try July 1764.
    It worked perfectly, thank you. I may just do an AAR on this at some point.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

You can release them if they got cores on your land.

If another country colonizes north america, USA will still have the possibility to have cores?

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of Nations

yes - along with Canada and Louisiana (in North America)

Quote Originally Posted by cotwell View Post
    yes - along with Canada and Louisiana (in North America)
    Along with Mexico(NA) and Brazil(SA) and La Platta(SA) and Quebec(NA).

Thanks, but the american culture will not be created, right? In that case the main culture will be the one of the colonizer?(and what if there are more than one culture in the cores)?

No John, you are the Syndies IconOfEvi's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Im not sure, but I think a couple of cultures can morph into American
    Nationality - American
    Religion - Sikh
    Political Ideology - Anti-Communist, Raj America

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome

Well american culture will be created if they manage to spread it. As the USA starts with american culture.

You could create a decision to release the USA, it'll bypass the culture-check the create-vassal screen uses. The AI will never culture switch so the US capital will become American quickly, once that happens the English provinces will flip to American quickly since they share a culture-group.

A better model would be English etc becoming Colonial-X when overseas; the US etc could have colonial-english as their primary culture, and decisions to switch their capital and primary culture to American et al upon release.

+ Reply to Thread