+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Rise of Heresy and the end of the Catholic Church - an Interactive Heretic AAR

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Toulouse seems to be surrounded by too big neighbours. And if she turns heretic... hard times incoming...
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (8) [Actualizado 01/09/2014]

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Maybe like the Visigoths, you too will have to push into Iberia to escape those powerful neighbours when excommunication comes... and you already have a pretty decent excuse against the count of Barcelona.
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries

Marital Options

Since I have a splitting headache and am not up to playing, I'm not going to get a chance to do much tonight. In the meantime, let's choose a wife.

Dynastic Options:
    Princess Adelheid (20) and Adela (21) of the Holy Roman Empire. Sisters to Kaiser Heinrich IV. Adelheid is good in Learning, Adela is good in Intrigue.
    Urraka (26), Ermesinda (25), Ximena (21) and Maior (20), Princesses of Navarra. Sisters to King Antso of Navarra. Ermesinda is good in Diplomacy and Learning, Maior is good in Diplomacy. Urraka and Ximena are known as being somewhat sinful.
    Sancha (18), Princess of Aragon. Sister to King Sancho of Aragon.
    Princess Emma of France (11), sister to King Phillipe.
    Constance (21), daughter of Duke Robert the Old of Burgundy. Good in Intrigue, but has a negative personality.
    Adele (12), daughter to Duke William the Bastard of Normandy. May not be a good choice, as he is currently foolishly invading England, which could never possibly work.

Skilled Courtier:
    Aènor (21), courtier in Thouars: Skilled in stewardship and learning, and a decent diplomat. Has a temper.
    Last edited by naggy; 05-03-2012 at 00:45.

HoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NRDL View Post
    Nice guy, Guilhem looks to be. Exactly what are his traits? I don't want to be pushy, but is it okay of you could post the traits of any future rulers too?
    Flamboyant Schemer, Just, Temperate, and Gregarious. I tried to work it into the text.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Steiner View Post
    Toulouse seems to be surrounded by too big neighbours. And if she turns heretic... hard times incoming...
    Yup. Just like real life!

Quote Originally Posted by aldriq View Post
    Maybe like the Visigoths, you too will have to push into Iberia to escape those powerful neighbours when excommunication comes... and you already have a pretty decent excuse against the count of Barcelona.
    I would like to model the alliance between Hugh of Lusignan, Guilhem of Toulouse, and Berenguer Ramon II of Barcelona, who actually allied with each other. However, I don't have a starting alliance with Hugh in Lusignan, so I doubt I'll get one with Berenguer Ramon when he takes the throne.

CK also doesn't model Berenguer Ramon and Ramon Berenguer's co-rulership after their father's death, until Ramon Berenguer's suspicious death in a hunting accident.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

I would vote for Adelheid. I think it would behoove us to have a powerful friend like the Kaiser should things go badly.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Adela or Emma (preferably the former).

Adela, and make sure to love her as much as possible. No need for a spymaster to stab Guilhem in the back just because he's not very affectionate.

Pantomacatalasecesionanis ta

Blog Entries
    Sancha. After all, you'll end running southwards
    "Pequeño Padawan Kurtizacoal, por qué me has salido tan cabrón?" - me dijo mi Maestro.
    Palo Dixit: posible Anticristo, vacalentacialanonanista, Culé y Salido que provoca manifas por donde pasa.
    Palo Dixit redux: Escatológico bipolar

AARs en curso o acabados -Ongoing and finished HoI2 AARs-
    WritAAR of the Week:16-03-07/5-04-09/13-09-09/19-09-10/28-10-11 - Fan of the week 25-03-07/29-10-07/06-04-08/29-12-08/13-09-09 - Canonized 02-12-07 - Best Character WritAAR of the Week:03-04-09- Showcased 01-05-2010/10-12-2010 - Mi blog: Confesiones clandestinas: La sombra de un secreto (8) [Actualizado 01/09/2014]

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

adelheid

Aènor - seems to have best traits over all, and her temper may liven up the story.

General Grumpalodian Aardvark Bellay's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight

Aenor - if you are not looking for an ally and are going to teach your kids some Stewardship
    Emma - having France as an ally, you might easily be dragged into a war with Aquitaine. Dangerous but maybe rewarding too
    Adela - but make her love you, a dangerous choice otherwise

Did you mention how many votes we have ?
    In case of one vote i'd go for hmmm......Adela.

Btw, do you mod in full access of court jobs for women ? As i understand there was equality of gender.
    [Micromod] - Old Building Names (Pre-1.10-building-names for CK2)

CK2 Mods: User Mod Index (Don't forget to post about your mod compatibility)
    Deutsch CK2: German CK2 Sub-Forum (go there for the german translation 'repair' mod)

Ximena. I like the X and if by sinful, you meant lustful then we may need the extra kids. Nothing could go wrong with extra kids. Nothing.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionHoi 2 Beta500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ximena the Sinful!
    My latest AARs

Portugal- an Empire Under the Sun: Questing for the new world and taking the old world.

de Hautevilles- Can Anyone Stop the Norman Invasion?: A tale of Normans in Southern Italy. Completed!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Another vote for Ximena from me, you need some sin in an AAR about heresy!
    This AAR Soks
    WritAAR of the Week: 8 January 2012 and Weekly AAR Showcase: 15 April 2012

Are you Deshtined to suffer another kiss?
    Favourite EU Comedy AAR AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Q3) and 2011 (Q3)
    Character Writer of the Week: 5 December 2010

My Inkwell - Warning! This content is rated EP: Extremely Poor
    Fan of the Week: 7 September 2010, 27 February 2011 and 26 April 2012

Ximena for me as well

Arseny Grigoryevich Zverev - People's Kommissar of Defense and 2nd Member of the SGO, in Avindian's Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo (Interactive TFH 4.02)
    Deputy Agostino di Gaggiano Franzzini Formerly: Prime Minister Ovidiu, Drăculeşti, Victor of the West, Popa, Drunken Master of Hyperbole. President Codrinaru, the President that was Needed but not Wanted. "Federation of Equals"
    Count Samuel Wilhelm Marcu Vanderhoof of Ghent, 2nd Marquess of Vanderhoof, COO of Northern Flemish Grains. Formerly, Late Lord Minister, Sir Andrei P. Vanderhoof, KL, 1st Marquess of Vanderhoof and Count of Ghent & His August Presence, the Late Lord Minister Wilhelm Vanderhoof Delegate for, Deputy of and Honourary Lord Protector of Ghent, Minister without Portfolio
    Johannes I von Altmark, Duke of Altmark und Saxony and Lord of the Old March
    Stadtholder Friedrich-Augustus von Altmark, Graf von Altmark in Avindian's "Sonderweg oder Anderweg?"
    The Lubbites

[19:42:59] <Keperry> You think wrong.
    [01:18:36] <Noco> You should be our Paradoxian Messiah

Adela, makes for a good romance if you always have to worry about a dagger in the back.

Maior.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Tricky one. Let's consider this with a mind to strategery. Good to have a brother-in-law in Franconia in case of a war with Paris. The Aragonese connection, well, if you produce an heir, he or she will be possibly third or fourth in line for a royal title. Getting a royal title means the Capets get claims on Toulouse, which may be playing that card too soon, unless you want to give up your patrimony in exchange for Jaca?

If you are patient, you could try for a marriage with Aines de Poitou who has not yet reached menarche in 1066 by the most liberal predictions. You still have your brother who could take over, and have a nephew who inherits Provence + Toulouse.

Emma Capet doesn't do that much for you as a vassal of her brother. If you wait for Agnes de Barcelona (age 10 in 1066), you could get an eventual claim on the duchy, but not directly inherit (agnatic primogeniture). But you would also gain a rather potent Iberian ally. In my experience, the House of Barcelona is much more aggressive than historically, conquering the rest of Muslim-held Aragon and usurping the title from the OPM Sancho Ramirez Jimena.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast