• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hamanu

Captain
42 Badges
Apr 5, 2006
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
I am tired beyond belief of having to ask the same people all the time to stop trying to infiltrate my prison or kill my spymaster or lower crown authority or whatever.

Can we have an "auto" setting so I can just automatically ask them to end plot whenever I discover them.. Please?

Honestly, if they are constantly plotting you should just imprison them... I think it's supposed to annoy you to that point. In reality if you found someone in your court was coming up with a new plan to kill someone every month you'd have to do something permanent about the situation, not just asking them nicely to stop.

I cant think of anytime I'd actually use this. Like the two posters above said, there are many times I want to end the plot, many times I want to imprison, and many times I want the plot to carry through.

Playing small it's not a big deal. Once you hold all of Iberia, for example, the amount of plots coming in just gets beyond absurd. It becomes the entire game, just ending plots.

I think someone else already suggested this in some other thread, but it seemed like a good idea:

Have the window that tells you about the discovered plot already have button that will tell them to end the plot rather than having to dive through multiple windows and menus to do so.

I'd certainly like the chance to deal with the plot on the same Box that tells me about it. One button sends an "End Plot" demand (or not, if the subject won't) and another tries to imprison the target.

Then again, I'd also want a button which sends my Marshall to boost imprisonment chances, executes the attempt, and sends him back to what he was doing, so I may have the Greedy trait.

+1

I would also like to automatically end plots when they are discovered. Plots are interesting when you play a duchy or a small kingdom. But once you have 3-4 kingdoms they quickly become annoying, since they pop up in such great numbers.

To echo the others, simply having the options for asking nicely, imprisoning, ignoring it, or whatever you want to do as a part of that same window describing the plot when it pops up would be nice. This is the case with many other events that occur, that require a decision. I know this is me just being a bad player, but in some cases, when they popped up, I was busy entangled in a war or something so i dismissed it. I subsequently forgot about it until well after the chaos was over and I happened to check my intrigue screen.

Hurah!

I don't like hunting through menus to find the button that allows me to ask the plot to stop. Especially because if there's too many plots you have to often pause because the plot screen won't scroll if you don't. That button should be on the pop-up, like most of the pop-ups that allow me to take action at the same place I get the notice.

I agree. It's very annoying to deal with the tons of plots that start coming up in a place like Iberia. However, most of them just stagnate, because only a handful of plots a year manage to get any support. I just keep an eye on the panel every game week or so and sort the list by plot backers, and if there's any plot gaining momentum, then I imprison or ask the plotter to end. But as long as a plot doesn't have a backer you should be okay (although, if the plot directly affects your rule it might be a good idea to nip it in the rear asap, just to be safe).

I think at the very least if you ask them to end the plot, they should't restart the same plot so soon after.

Why? Just because I happen to promise my Liege that I won't kill my brother, doesn't mean I'll actually uphold it. I just don't want to get caught plotting it again.

Unless they plot against me or my kin i let them do whatever they want, you get the right to imprison them which might come in handy later ;)

On the other hand, plots to lower crown authority for instance are a drag. Perhaps a change in the chance to 'end plot' is needed. For instance, make it more difficult for the 'end plot' to be accepted (leaving you no choice to imprison them), but IF they accept the end plot that's the end of it for a generation or so.