• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be able to, yes. That is how it works if I remember correctly. One question though: can the Paul the Tall wineskin work with the Steam version of CK2? I've been trying to see if I can run it that way.

Thanks for the reply, I hope you are right. As for your question, I assume that it can work but I have not tried it myself since I have the GG version. There may be some additional technical issues you have to overcome, however - I'm sorry I can't offer more assistance.

I don't believe that recent Paradox games have a modified .exe for Steam. My understanding was that the Steam and GG versions were the same? I may be wrong.
That is correct, the .exe is identical for EU3 5.1 and CK2.

Where do beta bug reports go? Should I just post them in Bug Reports forum and name it "[CKII MAC BETA] Bug subject"?
EDIT: When I create a thread...

Where do beta bug reports go? Should I just post them in Bug Reports forum and name it "[CKII MAC BETA] Bug subject"?
EDIT: When I create a thread...
You should have been given access to the private CK2 Mac beta forum.

Hi,

seems the BETA application process is closed. If someone reads this: I would be happy to help finding bugs in the beta for Mac. Have a 2011 iMAC and I am a developer myself (with Beta Test experience). If you could consider this, I promise I hunt down your bugs :)

Michael

^^

Sons of the Macintosh! Of Leopard OS! My brothers! I see in your posts the same happiness that would make the week of me! A day may come when the friendliness of this forum fails, when we Mac users forsake our friends and forsake all bonds of fellowship... BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY! An hour of CIV5 (never!) and shattered monitors when the age of Paradox comes crashing down... BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY! THIS DAY YOU LET ME PLAY THE BETA! By all that you hold dear on this good forum I bid you SHOW MERCY, MEN* OF THE FORUM!

*(there might be ONE girl on this entire forum but lets be honest here, it's the internet)

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXGUNvIFTQw

Very happy to see that a native Mac version is being developed. I've been trying the demo in Parallels on my iMac (2.66ghz i5, 16gb memory, radeon4850 512mb), but the performance is not acceptable. Secondary menus bring the machine to a crawl making it very challenging to play the game. The game generally runs well, but out seems like there are some game events that just kill performance.

I just hope the mac version of ck2 gets full support. I've been extremely disappointed with the support Firaxis has been giving civ5 on the mac (which is effectively zero support).

Civ5<CK2

EDIT: Mac users..... my brothers of the forum... I'd rather go to you than a tech support of thousands... let no Total War fan forget how much better we are, WE ARE CRUSADERS! Do you know what's there... waiting... just out of my grasp? CK2! Give it to me! It's mine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_O68HUcHos

Last edited:
Very happy to see that a native Mac version is being developed. I've been trying the demo in Parallels on my iMac (2.66ghz i5, 16gb memory, radeon4850 512mb), but the performance is not acceptable. Secondary menus bring the machine to a crawl making it very challenging to play the game. The game generally runs well, but out seems like there are some game events that just kill performance.

I just hope the mac version of ck2 gets full support. I've been extremely disappointed with the support Firaxis has been giving civ5 on the mac (which is effectively zero support).
Generally the game code is optimized for Mac OS X before it is released. I remember playing V2 via Parallels and the performance was absolutely horrendous. With the Mac version it runs more than well.

Any idea if steam will be getting a "steam play" version for this? Ie buy it on steam once and play on mac and pc?

I've got a mac at work and would definitely play a mac version... I've got it set up in Wine but even with trees disabled it runs poorly on an early 2011 mbp.

Status
Not open for further replies.