• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I used to wrapper to install Steam then I selected to run directly the CK2 exe. I also notice that if you have a second monitor plugged in, it crashes. For the rest I used it for hours without any problem. It works definitely better than the CK 1 complete that I bought for Mac!

Well to be blunt CK 1 does not even work properly on PC. The game design is one of the great achievements of our time but the execution is completely amatuer (they even misspelled 'Hedmark' on the map, for Christ's sake). Luckily they have after many years of waiting fully delivered on the promise of CK 1 in the form of CK 2, it is a real gem. However, they now really need to stop messing around and come out with the mac version so that I can install the DLCs and latest patch already. If I had accidentally bought the steam version and been unable to install it I would probably have already gone completely bananas by now waiting to play the game.

I was able to get it to run by basically installing/running every directx9 type file using winetricks and running the game on low resolution. I get a crash about once an hour but I autosave every 6 months so I rarely lose much progress.

This is what used to happen with me... I stopped because I couldn't take all the rebooting. I'll try what Raindancer said and see if I have any luck.

Well to be blunt CK 1 does not even work properly on PC. The game design is one of the great achievements of our time but the execution is completely amatuer (they even misspelled 'Hedmark' on the map, for Christ's sake). Luckily they have after many years of waiting fully delivered on the promise of CK 1 in the form of CK 2, it is a real gem. However, they now really need to stop messing around and come out with the mac version so that I can install the DLCs and latest patch already. If I had accidentally bought the steam version and been unable to install it I would probably have already gone completely bananas by now waiting to play the game.
Never had any problems with CK1 on PC and it was far from amateur.

Looking forward to seeing CK2 on Mac.

Any idea whether we're talking in terms of days, weeks, or months here? I'm not a hardcore Paradox kinda guy, and having to reboot to Windows is a sufficient annoyance for me to be playing CK2 less and less of late.

I agree completely, better to have to wait a bit longer and get a polished, reliable product then get it sooner and have all manner of bugs and performance issues. It's the same principal as Blizzard uses with their releases; take as long as needed to make the final release as polished as possible. It will be a painful wait for such a great game for the mac, but i'm confident that PI will not disappoint in their first native port.

Echo ^.

CKII on PC looks absolutely smashing as far as PI games go, as far as quality of design & execution. It'd be a massive shame for the letdown to be due to a rushed port.

I eagerly await it to be released, and doubly so for a timemachine to be produced so I don't have to wait much longer :D

That was me. I still have that email because I bought the Windows version of CK2 on preorder. I still haven't played it because the Mac version isn't out yet but I'm patient. Gamersgate is the best online distributor.

You did not imagine that.
Someone quoted an Email from GG-Support where they stated exactly that.

Just saw this thread. I don't stop by very often and was shocked to see a Mac port being discussed and Beta'd so soon after the PC release. If this was only the case for the entire library of Paradox games how great would that be? And if some would port to the iPad, even better...

Naturally, I went and tried to signup for the beta only to find it already closed. (Tears and swearing followed :) But hope that all the testers work diligently and then whatever needs to be fixed is done expeditiously so we can all get our hands on this.

I dream that this will come out with 1.05... Alas, I doubt anyone will tell me how wrong I am.
I don't know, but my guess would be it's far more likely that work on the Mac beta will only really be able to take off once 1.05 is out there (and confirmed to be stable).

@still.bevens I configured WineSkin to execute Steam and I installed the patch, then I changed back the target executable to point directly the game (CK2.exe). It is working flawlessly. I still would like to see the port for mac (they promised a version for Mac to be released short after the initial release of the game then they 1) Did not release it 2) Refuse to give any information, fortunately wineskin is an acceptable tempeorary alternative).

Status
Not open for further replies.