Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II - mac version beta.

Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
    Well, I used to wrapper to install Steam then I selected to run directly the CK2 exe. I also notice that if you have a second monitor plugged in, it crashes. For the rest I used it for hours without any problem. It works definitely better than the CK 1 complete that I bought for Mac!
    Well to be blunt CK 1 does not even work properly on PC. The game design is one of the great achievements of our time but the execution is completely amatuer (they even misspelled 'Hedmark' on the map, for Christ's sake). Luckily they have after many years of waiting fully delivered on the promise of CK 1 in the form of CK 2, it is a real gem. However, they now really need to stop messing around and come out with the mac version so that I can install the DLCs and latest patch already. If I had accidentally bought the steam version and been unable to install it I would probably have already gone completely bananas by now waiting to play the game.

Simplified and Stylish Realism Bob Ilyani's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by still.bevens View Post
    I was able to get it to run by basically installing/running every directx9 type file using winetricks and running the game on low resolution. I get a crash about once an hour but I autosave every 6 months so I rarely lose much progress.
    This is what used to happen with me... I stopped because I couldn't take all the rebooting. I'll try what Raindancer said and see if I have any luck.

Second Lieutenant
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceolfisc View Post
    Well to be blunt CK 1 does not even work properly on PC. The game design is one of the great achievements of our time but the execution is completely amatuer (they even misspelled 'Hedmark' on the map, for Christ's sake). Luckily they have after many years of waiting fully delivered on the promise of CK 1 in the form of CK 2, it is a real gem. However, they now really need to stop messing around and come out with the mac version so that I can install the DLCs and latest patch already. If I had accidentally bought the steam version and been unable to install it I would probably have already gone completely bananas by now waiting to play the game.
    Never had any problems with CK1 on PC and it was far from amateur.

Looking forward to seeing CK2 on Mac.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Did I imagine it or did I read somewhere else in the forum that buying the game in GamersGate gives you access to both the PC and the Mac version (once it's ready)?
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The April AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

You did not imagine that.
    Someone quoted an Email from GG-Support where they stated exactly that.

Second Lieutenant
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I thought it was steam? I was thinking of playing it for a bit on my wife's computer before it came out on Mac, but didn't really want to risk paying twice.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

With steam it's confirmed anyway because of the nature of Steam.

Any idea whether we're talking in terms of days, weeks, or months here? I'm not a hardcore Paradox kinda guy, and having to reboot to Windows is a sufficient annoyance for me to be playing CK2 less and less of late.

Okay... They actually have a Developer's Diary for an UPDATE!!! Can we get one for the INITIAL RELEASE of the Mac version? Please?

Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

There must have been some unexpected problems. I really hope the release is at least no later than (the mac release of) the next dlc.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

To be fair, if this is the first port made in-house by Paradox then it is likely to take a bit longer than the usual VP ones. I'd rather it takes longer so the quality of the final release is better.
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The April AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteRome GoldVictoria 2

I agree completely, better to have to wait a bit longer and get a polished, reliable product then get it sooner and have all manner of bugs and performance issues. It's the same principal as Blizzard uses with their releases; take as long as needed to make the final release as polished as possible. It will be a painful wait for such a great game for the mac, but i'm confident that PI will not disappoint in their first native port.
    It is the part of a fool to say 'I should not have thought'.
    - Scipio Africanus

Lord High Admiral General Baker's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Echo ^.

CKII on PC looks absolutely smashing as far as PI games go, as far as quality of design & execution. It'd be a massive shame for the letdown to be due to a rushed port.

I eagerly await it to be released, and doubly so for a timemachine to be produced so I don't have to wait much longer

<kingofkebap> i just made my blind son a court calligrapher
    <kingofkebap> he is happy so we all kinda go along with it

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms event

That was me. I still have that email because I bought the Windows version of CK2 on preorder. I still haven't played it because the Mac version isn't out yet but I'm patient. Gamersgate is the best online distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by pumapaul View Post
    You did not imagine that.
    Someone quoted an Email from GG-Support where they stated exactly that.
    VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE !

«Votre empire est une vieille catin habituée à se faire violer par tout le monde [...] Vous oubliez que la France est victorieuse» (Napoléon aux plénipotentiaires autrichiens)

Just saw this thread. I don't stop by very often and was shocked to see a Mac port being discussed and Beta'd so soon after the PC release. If this was only the case for the entire library of Paradox games how great would that be? And if some would port to the iPad, even better...

Naturally, I went and tried to signup for the beta only to find it already closed. (Tears and swearing followed :-) But hope that all the testers work diligently and then whatever needs to be fixed is done expeditiously so we can all get our hands on this.

Second Lieutenant

I dream that this will come out with 1.05... Alas, I doubt anyone will tell me how wrong I am.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by bradleygardner View Post
    I dream that this will come out with 1.05... Alas, I doubt anyone will tell me how wrong I am.
    I don't know, but my guess would be it's far more likely that work on the Mac beta will only really be able to take off once 1.05 is out there (and confirmed to be stable).
    Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death .... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. Thought looks into the pit of hell and is not afraid. Thought is great and swift and free, the light of the world, and the chief glory of man. Bertrand Russell

Speaking of 1.05.. I haven't been able to access any patches using wineskin. Am I missing something?

@still.bevens I configured WineSkin to execute Steam and I installed the patch, then I changed back the target executable to point directly the game (CK2.exe). It is working flawlessly. I still would like to see the port for mac (they promised a version for Mac to be released short after the initial release of the game then they 1) Did not release it 2) Refuse to give any information, fortunately wineskin is an acceptable tempeorary alternative).

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast