Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II - mac version beta.

Me me me me me me?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus78 View Post
    That would actually be a really cool idea!

Btw - application sent out
    Too bad the iPad 2 doesn't have the hardware to run these games.

Simplified and Stylish Realism Bob Ilyani's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by OryBand View Post
    Too bad the iPad 2 doesn't have the hardware to run these games.
    In time, friends, in time.

Recruit
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Ohhh, count me in (hopefully)!

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2

Signed up, ready and willing to make sure this is Paradox's first of many official ports to the Mac of their outstanding games.

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    52 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesV2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by westerberg View Post
    pi
    Thank God! VP ports are terrible, the one for EUIII is a joke! If you run the PC version via Wine, it runs at least three times faster.

Pretty please?

Lord High Admiral General Baker's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneMagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Oh blimey, *so* applied for this! I've been following CK2 for a while now, just wishing it would transfer to Mac

Applied. Giddy as a school girl at a Beatles concert.

Really been looking forward to getting to play this one. Been looking into bootcamp just to get it sooner, so hopefully I can get in on the beta!

Second Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OryBand View Post
    I'd just love to sit in bed playing CK2, EU3, HOI3 on my iPad 2. Been thinking about this for months.
    This!

For people saying it doesn't have the hardware the solution to that is to keep the gameplay part similar and dumb down the graphics which is the bulk of the work.
    Last edited by Mus; 27-02-2012 at 00:06.

Crusader Kings IISengokuVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Fools...FOOLS YOU ALL ARE FOR HAVING MACS!

Muahahah....MUAHAHHAA.

No, seriously, good luck to all the applicants!
    "A few franchises let you refight Henry V's most famous victories, but only one lets you murder his mum and inseminate his sisters."

- PC Gamer UK on Crusader Kings II

Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Done :-)
    "Some guys play hard to get, I play hard to want...."

Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I've been playing the PC version (bought via gamers gate) on my mac. It works great with a Wine port I downloaded from Paul the Tall's website. Only issue so far was I had to reduce the resolution slightly to get a full screen experience.

Obviously though, I would like to re-download the authentic mac version when it actually comes out (dito Sengoku...?). So, will I in fact be able to download the Mac version with my PC version serial number or am I stuck with the ported version?

Simplified and Stylish Realism Bob Ilyani's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Ceolfisc View Post
    I've been playing the PC version (bought via gamers gate) on my mac. It works great with a Wine port I downloaded from Paul the Tall's website. Only issue so far was I had to reduce the resolution slightly to get a full screen experience.

Obviously though, I would like to re-download the authentic mac version when it actually comes out (dito Sengoku...?). So, will I in fact be able to download the Mac version with my PC version serial number or am I stuck with the ported version?
    You should be able to, yes. That is how it works if I remember correctly. One question though: can the Paul the Tall wineskin work with the Steam version of CK2? I've been trying to see if I can run it that way.

closed? o.O

I'm lateeee

Crusader Kings IIEast India CompanyHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Ilyani View Post
    You should be able to, yes. That is how it works if I remember correctly. One question though: can the Paul the Tall wineskin work with the Steam version of CK2? I've been trying to see if I can run it that way.
    Thanks for the reply, I hope you are right. As for your question, I assume that it can work but I have not tried it myself since I have the GG version. There may be some additional technical issues you have to overcome, however - I'm sorry I can't offer more assistance.

I don't believe that recent Paradox games have a modified .exe for Steam. My understanding was that the Steam and GG versions were the same? I may be wrong.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast