• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Italy sucked during WWII - they couldn't even beat Greece. A weak Italy is a historical Italy ;)

That's kind of what I said. I'm hoping that the Italy patch changes don't ruin the historicity of it - after all, the Italian armies in 1940-41 Libya and Ethiopia did just get plain walked over by much smaller numbers of British and Commonwealth troops.

Italy sucked during WWII - they couldn't even beat Greece. A weak Italy is a historical Italy ;)
I disagree with you, because the war was conducted in a superficial manner and with much dispersion of resources and men, when the war with Greece starts the Italian army, was in a state of partial demobilization, decided by Mussolini. The initial attack plan of Greece dated 1939, envisaged a force of 15-18 divisions but the true attack was conducted with 6 division at all. The industrial capacity was not used at it's full, for the entire duration of the war and was focused much for the infantry. For example the production of infantry weapons was 125000 machine guns, 10000 20mm anti aircraft weapon and 16800 mortars. The production of tanks was very similiar to Japan for quantity, but Japan in game has 90IC while Italy only 61, and it's extremily difficult for human player to archieve some success. I think that a slighty increse of IC for both Japan and Italy is a solution.

Italy and France suffer from the same problem

Historically, based on OoBs and what-if scenarii, they were major powers, roughly on par with the UK or Japan.
Historically, based on doctrines, political leadership, willingness to fight and historical outcomes, they were second division players on par with Poland

Modelling these in a game engine is hard, though it might be doable with some national ideas and slight engine editing (pre-Vichy France and Italy should have a base 10% dissent penalty stacked on any dissent they currently get above 0%, their dissent should never go below this line).