• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sandmann

General
60 Badges
Jan 4, 2002
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
I noticed that when playing as an HRE state the chance of having PU's through only royal marriages seems much higher? In about 150 years played as Brandenburg I had royal marriages all over Europe and got a total of 5 PU's. Am I right or were I just lucky? I left the empire tho after 10 years, it doesent seem to affect the chance or does it? I remember someone calling Austria PU heaven aswell, when i played them the chance to inherit a PU was great..

if you actively pursue PUs you can conquer half the empire with cores for zero infamy-major benefit to countries doing a WC, since you can unite the HRE and get cores on most of the republics/theocracies because you inherited provinces adjacent to them before unification, again for zero infamy. PU/inherit also gives zero infamy on same religious group countries outside the HRE, but you only get cores on those if you are in the same culture group.

Last edited:
I don't believe they're anything special in regards to getting PU's. Staying in the empire won't help with getting random PU's, but it does mean that inheriting any other country in the HRE gives you cores

PUs are terribly overpowered, especially in a player's hand. PUs in the HRE are so ridiculously overpowered, it's not even funny :)

Personally, I avoid super-spreading my PUs when playing EU3, but everyone get his fun from different aspects of the game, so if you like to PU everyone, go ahead!

Ive actually had a PU ruin my empire. I was Prussia in the mid 1500s and we gained Castile's throne because their last king died without an heir. So i rules both thrones. This king ended up ruling over 60 years and during that time castile colonized all of south america central and some of north america. Since they were in PU with us and we were Protestant and them Catholic i didnt think we could inherent them. Mostly because when i got their throne it showed my king but not my heir and it said a castilan noble would inherent. Years later my son died and another son was heir. After the old king died his son gained all of castile, catholics and all and it was just after we had a fierce war with Austra and my war exhas was over the limit. I had so many rebellions that a country called C something was formed in central america and i lost all of south america to rebellion. The Glory of the old king's wars were gone on his death.

Sounds like an awesome game Petermca and quite realistic. Props to those who play their realms through the good and bad times.

Marry intensive. I often, try to marry as many countries as often as I can.
And without actually trying to, I have inherited Greece, became King of Sweden, Provence and Bavaria as Italy.

In my current England game it's 1410 and I got PUs with Castille, Aragon, Hungary, Poland, Denmark, Sweden and Norway..and some more I think.

France is my biatch, almost conquered. Will form the HRE and then PU Lithuania as well.

I'd like to see a screenshot of that... It seems pretty unrealistic tbh :/

Why?

I started as England, right away I conquered Ireland and declared war on France.

Then I vassalized Scotland.

Kept ignoring France, and was just about to invade Castille (personal union)

But super-luck, got automatic PU with Castille then.

Then I invaded Denmark and Aragon for PUs, Castille took care of Aragon pretty fast, then they and me took care of France (occupy paris)

During all this I got another PU with Hungary, I allied myself to Austria, and had those 2 invade Poland. (Poland had already lost Lithuania dunno why)

Then I took care of Denmark with my new allies. Then when Denmark became mine, both Norway and Sweden got bad monarchs, and 5 years later I PUed them as well.

It's doable with that castille super luck thingy, sounds like fun getting all that done but the most he can expect to get out of the remaining game would be perhaps to see how quickly he can finish the wc.

I have to agree 1410 with England and that many PUs seems really unrealistic short of using the console to kill heirs, claim thrones, and kill leaders.

Why would I have to kill heirs?

Denmark starts without one, so does Castille and Aragon, Poland and Hungary.

I dow Denmark, Castille and Aragon first year, (with prestige I get from conquering Ireland and vassalizing Scotland)

As I said, I got lucky that Castille entered a PU with me asap, and then they took on Aragon for me, and France together with me.

When Denmark was beaten Sweden and Norway get monarchs with low legitimacy...easy to force PUs on them later.

Hungary I got lucky with as well. Poland I PUed later (Poland always got problems with heirs in my games)