• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JaguarXJ6

Captain
59 Badges
Dec 21, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • 500k Club
Why don't they suffer from attrition, at least? Cheating bastards.

I proclaim this game as Rostov illegitimate. Man, was fun while it lasted... the incredible stacks of near 9K HA alone in each army could consume all of the wine in France in the time period for it's cheese.

Eventually I can try to catch their stacks unprepared but not until they conquer Eastern Europe leaving me with a couple demesne.

Until this gets patched, I'm playing in Western Europe... put enough distance between me and them. My lesson hath been learned. I hope someone over at Paradox is amused!

I added a fourth screenshot, after marrying and making an alliance of the Ilkhanate, the GH appeared quickly after and wiped out 40% of my total available levies (down to 66K from 105K including garrisons), using a defensive bonus of mountains, in one battle with only 8K losses. That's 34K vs 50K and I'm on the defensive and they only took 8K losses. There is no resistance, at least in this game.

It is possible to prevent them or cause them to trigger based on a event time stamp at the start of a save file if you be patient and edit it in notepad. I don't have the event string to trigger the event on this laptop but I'm sure the forums has mentioned it elsewhere. I didn't see the point of disabling them and cheating, so I restarted as Duke Suq Madiq in Ireland.

2012-02-23_00004.jpg2012-02-23_00005.jpg2012-02-23_00006.jpg
2012-02-24_00002.jpg

Last edited:
You're Russia and you think the -Illkhanate- is bad?

In my Poland game, the GH basically auto-annexed an almost full-strength Rus when they spawned and started invading places.

Swear fealty to them and become a tributary state. Resistance is futile!

Edit: Actually, here's a thought. Instead of making the Mongols weaker, they should add dynamics that allows former enemies (eg. the Cumans - and other Pagan states - and the Russian Princes) become suddenly very willing to try and cooperate to some extent to try and fend off their mutual enemy.

The Mongols should be hard, they should make you worry when they come sweeping over the steppes, but they should not be impossible to contain.

This is my first game, so no idea what you're talking about. These stacks will separate and then I can swiftly group and hunt them down, though I have no idea if this is the first wave and this will be the new whack-a-mole routine.

It may be entirely doable with the levies I can raise to hold them off or win back some territory with some small retaker groups while the main army forces the line to shift East.

Imagine my immediate surprise at a 100K doomstack immune to attrition. What else is in store??

At -50 something war score peace of any kind will be the first thing I sue for.

I want them to become my liege so then they can raise my levies and I can sit back and watch.

This is my first game, so no idea what you're talking about. These stacks will separate and then I can swiftly group and hunt them down, though I have no idea if this is the first wave and this will be the new whack-a-mole routine.

It may be entirely doable with the levies I can raise to hold them off or win back some territory with some small retaker groups while the main army forces the line to shift East.

Imagine my immediate surprise at a 100K doomstack immune to attrition. What else is in store??

You'll be quite disappointed. Killing off a large army is a pain in the behind because of how quickly levies reinforce.

Slaughter your way through thirty thousand Arabs in order to conquer the Holy Land? Sorry, they've just been replaced by another thirty thousand Arabs.

Ahh, what the hell why not! I am curious to see where this goes. A 35K stack of theirs took out a 60K stack with 8K losses. Whittling them down is a possibility unless they have the ability to re-raise levies from Asia like we can. Then swearing fealty is the best course.

2012-02-24_00001.jpg

Game basically stalls and falls apart once the Ilk control the territory due to no justification for war. The empire just sits there, the Golden Horde takes over a few territories and there is a bit of an internal power struggle and then that's quickly over. The Golden Horde roams around its half dozen counties with a few 10-20K stacks but they too don't attack anyone. I fast forwarded 15 years to be sure.

I will reload and play whack-a-Mongol tomorrow and see how quickly armies re-raise after being destroyed. It's all about getting the first declaration of peace to allow my levies to recharge and then it's a chess game of who wants to raise the 100K doomstack and try for more territory.

Thanks, man. You're the meat buffer that saves our Western European asses.

Seriously: Why is there nothing like a crusade vs the Mongols? Could make it an event, and all winners get massive piety and prestige.

Thanks, man. You're the meat buffer that saves our Western European asses.

Seriously: Why is there nothing like a crusade vs the Mongols? Could make it an event, and all winners get massive piety and prestige.

The question should be -- can the Pope call crusades against Pagans?

If he can, it's a simply a matter of scripting him to do so.

You think you have it bad?! GH basically came and took over the normal areas. So I started to fight them. A little bit here, taking back denmark here. Some areas of RUS there. And I gave the countries back to the pope. Because hey. I didn't want to get attacked. All I did was do strikes.

Well.. Nearing to the 14th century. Suddenly the GH declared war on the pope. And killed him. Now there's a mongol pope.

Oh and the muslims are two nations. Dominating france like it was their little biiiitch

Why shouldnt he be able to do it? Heathens should be worse in a chistian mindset, because they never believe in a monotheistic god nor Jesus lived, which Muslims at least do. So they need to be forced to their well being in god even more. Also i thinks ome campaigns of the Teutonic Knights in the east ran under the label of minor crusades, but to my knowledge those suckers were fighting fellow christians most of the time anyway. :-D

Why shouldnt he be able to do it? Heathens should be worse in a chistian mindset, because they never believe in a monotheistic god nor Jesus lived, which Muslims at least do. So they need to be forced to their well being in god even more. Also i thinks ome campaigns of the Teutonic Knights in the east ran under the label of minor crusades, but to my knowledge those suckers were fighting fellow christians most of the time anyway. :-D

I mean, of course IRL it was done. The crusade against the Lithuanians and other Baltic peoples/tribes being a good example.

I'm talking game-wise. Is he able to?

In my Poland game GH conquered half of Rus and all of Hungary (leaving behind independent Moldau from some reason though), but then stopped being agressive whatsoever; they just dwell there and deal with occasional internal problems. Oh, and they got converted to orthodox, too...

Last edited:
Not sure if it'd be possible for even the Mongols to topple the mega-behemoth that is the HRE.

Depends on luck, if the HRE is the defenders in battles maybe (due to terrain), if they are attackers they will lose badly with same numbers.

GH converts to christian very fast, and still has their mongol invasion cb. So you can't make a crusade and can't do a holy war, but they can invade every country they like with their op cb.