Come one, come all: Players needed for Imperium Offtopicum!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(254030)

First Lieutenant
3 Badges
Jan 24, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
I am afraid our game has had people drop out due to several personal issues. As such, we need people to play in their place. To my knowledge, players are needed for:

South Africa
Byzantium
The Tenth House (Basically an Islamic Empire)
Mongolia

Although it is still being decided, a bonus for joining late/filling in after game start will be provided, to allow players to catch up and learn the ropes.

Anyone interested?

(This is also in the OT forum, but I thought I would put it here as there are people who actually play Forum Games in here)

You can start a new nation in any empty, non-devastated, non-frozen territory. And if you are taking over an NPC country, you would have full control over re-flavoring them however you wish, i.e. replacing Mongolia with a Tibetan Empire or Byzantium with the Janissary Caliphate or whatever you wish.

You can start a new nation in any empty, non-devastated, non-frozen territory. And if you are taking over an NPC country, you would have full control over re-flavoring them however you wish, i.e. replacing Mongolia with a Tibetan Empire or Byzantium with the Janissary Caliphate or whatever you wish.

This. Do know that we would appreciate it if you would take over an already-existing nation, however, even if you do change it a bit.

I'll take South Africa, if I can.

Don't be afraid of starting in Brazil/South America. Columbia has committed ALL of its troops to an overseas adventure. ;)

Don't be afraid of starting in Brazil/South America. Columbia has committed ALL of its troops to an overseas adventure. ;)

Goddarn, you really are worried aren't you?

Everyone, this guy turned on his word, and is now an Oathbreaker. He cannot be trusted. He turned on me, against a treaty, and we are now in a war.

If you are going to mudsling/propaganda Hyzenhok, I may as well too! :glare:

Goddarn, you really are worried aren't you?

Everyone, this guy turned on his word, and is now an Oathbreaker. He cannot be trusted. He turned on me, against a treaty, and we are now in a war.

If you are going to mudsling/propaganda Hyzenhok, I may as well too! :glare:

neutral.gif
I think it's safe to say Columbia would not be doing this if Brazil hadn't been NPC'd. I really don't want to have an OOC spat about it though. We'll see where the dice fall. :)

neutral.gif
I think it's safe to say Columbia would not be doing this if Brazil hadn't been NPC'd. I really don't want to have an OOC spat about it though. We'll see where the dice fall. :)

There would have been no way for Brazil to reach Colombia, as they do not share a border and neither has a navy...

but yes, let's see where the dice fall! I am rather overdue some fair rolls :)

Ok ill play The Tenth House.

Excellent, you're now The Twelfth House of the People and His Imam. Welcome aboard!

I'll take South Africa, if I can.

As the GM, I am privy to certain Culture Point expenditures that mean South Africa is likely to be conquered within the next couple of turns. You can start there, but it is really not recommended. I would suggest you either start a new nation in any province that is not being attacked this turn, or take over any of the other vacant nations.

Provinces being attacked:

Korea
Mozambique/Madagascar
Central Sahara
Burma
Philippines

Open nations:

Byzantium
Mongolia

Please do join us...I just want to make sure you get a chance to enjoy the game before being killed by plans and events outside your control. :D

OOC: Whats the bonus for filling in late?

You will be allotted all of the Industrial Points you would have accumulated had you been playing every turn. The Twelfth House was only abandoned this turn, however, so your nation will receive an extra 2IP to spend. In addition, there is normally a limit of earning 5CP per turn. You can earn 10CP during the next turn.

Anyone starting a new nation would receive 8IP if they joined this turn, and 10IP if they join when we have started the next turn.

neutral.gif

Brazil hasn't been NPC'ed; Sapphire is just a bit quiet these days. He has never attacked anyone.

Okay, would it be possible to create a new nation - the 'Greater Falkands' out of the province that seems to be roughly consisting of Argentina?

Okay, would it be possible to create a new nation - the 'Greater Falkands' out of the province that seems to be roughly consisting of Argentina?

I don't see why not, though eventually you may have to contend with the Raj as they try to restore the old British Empire. Hopefully that would happen around 1980. :D

An interesting point, would it be possible for a new player to start in the wasteland after next turn? 'Cause we've been led to believe that at least some of those lands would reopen.

In-universe the Russian Empire survived as a demon-worshiping cannibal state in one of the wasteland provinces. That could be a fun addition to the game.

An interesting point, would it be possible for a new player to start in the wasteland after next turn? 'Cause we've been led to believe that at least some of those lands would reopen.

They will not be able to start in the wasteland. Weather is returning to normal, which removes one of the penalties associated with invasion, but they will never be fully white provinces.

In-universe the Russian Empire survived as a demon-worshiping cannibal state in one of the wasteland provinces. That could be a fun addition to the game.

Russia is a special case and...well, all in good time. ;)