+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Come one, come all: Players needed for Imperium Offtopicum!

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Come one, come all: Players needed for Imperium Offtopicum!

I am afraid our game has had people drop out due to several personal issues. As such, we need people to play in their place. To my knowledge, players are needed for:

South Africa
    Byzantium
    The Tenth House (Basically an Islamic Empire)
    Mongolia

Although it is still being decided, a bonus for joining late/filling in after game start will be provided, to allow players to catch up and learn the ropes.

Anyone interested?

(This is also in the OT forum, but I thought I would put it here as there are people who actually play Forum Games in here)
    "Monarchy can easily be ‘debunked;' but watch the faces, mark the accents of the debunkers. These are the men whose tap-root in Eden has been cut: whom no rumour of the polyphony, the dance, can reach - men to whom pebbles laid in a row are more beautiful than an arch. Yet even if they desire equality, they cannot reach it. Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." C.S. Lewis

The Russians in Imperium Offtopicum: The Peshawar Lancers

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Could i play the The Tenth House or could I create my own nation?
    Last edited by Shock3r; 24-02-2012 at 12:11.
    We shall not capitulate... no never. We may be destroyed, but if we are, we shall drag a world with us... a world in flames. ~ Adolf Hitler

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

You can start a new nation in any empty, non-devastated, non-frozen territory. And if you are taking over an NPC country, you would have full control over re-flavoring them however you wish, i.e. replacing Mongolia with a Tibetan Empire or Byzantium with the Janissary Caliphate or whatever you wish.
    This post is is liable to be still under construction up to 10 minutes after its initial posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzhenhok View Post
    You can start a new nation in any empty, non-devastated, non-frozen territory. And if you are taking over an NPC country, you would have full control over re-flavoring them however you wish, i.e. replacing Mongolia with a Tibetan Empire or Byzantium with the Janissary Caliphate or whatever you wish.
    This. Do know that we would appreciate it if you would take over an already-existing nation, however, even if you do change it a bit.
    "Monarchy can easily be ‘debunked;' but watch the faces, mark the accents of the debunkers. These are the men whose tap-root in Eden has been cut: whom no rumour of the polyphony, the dance, can reach - men to whom pebbles laid in a row are more beautiful than an arch. Yet even if they desire equality, they cannot reach it. Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." C.S. Lewis

Ok ill play The Tenth House.
    We shall not capitulate... no never. We may be destroyed, but if we are, we shall drag a world with us... a world in flames. ~ Adolf Hitler

Lovely in a Sandwich Watercress's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k club

Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions
    I'll take South Africa, if I can.
    "C is for Colonies
    Rightly we boast,
    That of all the great nations,
    Great Britain has most."

- ABCs for Baby Patriots, 1898

Quote Originally Posted by watercress View Post
    i'll take south africa, if i can.
    Quote Originally Posted by shock3r View Post
    ok ill play the tenth house.
    awesome!

Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV

Don't be afraid of starting in Brazil/South America. Columbia has committed ALL of its troops to an overseas adventure.
    This post is is liable to be still under construction up to 10 minutes after its initial posting.

OOC: Whats the bonus for filling in late?

Quote Originally Posted by Shock3r View Post
    Probably all the IP you have missed, plus the opportunity to earn some CP.

Don't be afraid of starting in Brazil/South America. Columbia has committed ALL of its troops to an overseas adventure.
    Goddarn, you really are worried aren't you?

Everyone, this guy turned on his word, and is now an Oathbreaker. He cannot be trusted. He turned on me, against a treaty, and we are now in a war.

If you are going to mudsling/propaganda Hyzenhok, I may as well too!

Quote Originally Posted by madtemplar0 View Post
    Goddarn, you really are worried aren't you?

Everyone, this guy turned on his word, and is now an Oathbreaker. He cannot be trusted. He turned on me, against a treaty, and we are now in a war.

If you are going to mudsling/propaganda Hyzenhok, I may as well too!
    I think it's safe to say Columbia would not be doing this if Brazil hadn't been NPC'd. I really don't want to have an OOC spat about it though. We'll see where the dice fall.

I think it's safe to say Columbia would not be doing this if Brazil hadn't been NPC'd. I really don't want to have an OOC spat about it though. We'll see where the dice fall.
    There would have been no way for Brazil to reach Colombia, as they do not share a border and neither has a navy...

but yes, let's see where the dice fall! I am rather overdue some fair rolls

Hearts of Iron 2: Armageddon

Ok ill play The Tenth House.
    Excellent, you're now The Twelfth House of the People and His Imam. Welcome aboard!

Quote Originally Posted by Watercress View Post
    I'll take South Africa, if I can.
    As the GM, I am privy to certain Culture Point expenditures that mean South Africa is likely to be conquered within the next couple of turns. You can start there, but it is really not recommended. I would suggest you either start a new nation in any province that is not being attacked this turn, or take over any of the other vacant nations.

Provinces being attacked:

Korea
    Mozambique/Madagascar
    Central Sahara
    Burma
    Philippines

Open nations:

Byzantium
    Mongolia

Please do join us...I just want to make sure you get a chance to enjoy the game before being killed by plans and events outside your control.

You will be allotted all of the Industrial Points you would have accumulated had you been playing every turn. The Twelfth House was only abandoned this turn, however, so your nation will receive an extra 2IP to spend. In addition, there is normally a limit of earning 5CP per turn. You can earn 10CP during the next turn.

Anyone starting a new nation would receive 8IP if they joined this turn, and 10IP if they join when we have started the next turn.

Brazil hasn't been NPC'ed; Sapphire is just a bit quiet these days. He has never attacked anyone.

Lovely in a Sandwich Watercress's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: Chronicles500k club

Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions
    Okay, would it be possible to create a new nation - the 'Greater Falkands' out of the province that seems to be roughly consisting of Argentina?
    "C is for Colonies
    Rightly we boast,
    That of all the great nations,
    Great Britain has most."

- ABCs for Baby Patriots, 1898

Quote Originally Posted by GBIT View Post
    Brazil hasn't been NPC'ed; Sapphire is just a bit quiet these days. He has never attacked anyone.
    That is good news. Sorry about my bluster!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Watercress View Post
    Okay, would it be possible to create a new nation - the 'Greater Falkands' out of the province that seems to be roughly consisting of Argentina?
    I don't see why not, though eventually you may have to contend with the Raj as they try to restore the old British Empire. Hopefully that would happen around 1980.

An interesting point, would it be possible for a new player to start in the wasteland after next turn? 'Cause we've been led to believe that at least some of those lands would reopen.

In-universe the Russian Empire survived as a demon-worshiping cannibal state in one of the wasteland provinces. That could be a fun addition to the game.
    Ideal Woman of the Moment: Summer Glau
    A Brief History of the Royal O'Deas: My ongoing Ireland megacampaign.
    Currently:
    Murad V, Ottoman Sultan in Legacy of Napoleon. Steamturk ftw!
    Jarl Deawulf the Herdsman of the Fair Downs in Crown of Norsegard
    Chile in A Question of Power
    The Gnarek Regime in Master of the Galaxy
    Old Stuff:

GM of Steampunk Mars 2, a ad hoc combination strategy game and pseudo-rpg on 1880s Mars! Look Lively! ]Juan O'Dea, the most handsome and dashing Captain in the Spanish Navy, in Brethren of the Coast Protip: Leave the governor of San Juan's granddaughter aloneRobb Stark, the King in the North, in Seven Kingdoms, Five KingsJayne Cobb, Hero of the Canton, Captain of the Mudder's Milk and Leader of the Livin' Legends in Star Reach, Mercenary WarsGM of IOT: the Scramble for Mars,The Cascadia Commonality in the original Imperium Offtopicum, House Bearnst, Lords of the Great Plains, in The Kingdom.,France-Outre-Mer in IOT: The Peshawar LancersDeaghaidh, King of Galatia in Dictators, Diadochi and DespotsLord Warden of Dunland in Lord Without RingsThe Mexican Empire in WiR 1815 Alt History.Heart of Africa: A Visitors Guide to Modern Ethiopia My Victoria 2 AAR Queen of the Burning Sky, my Game of Thrones mod CKII AAR. Twice the dragons of any other AAR!
    :Deagrin Wrothiron, Dwarven Underking of Kogansunan in Agorath and the Maegi Prophecy
    The Livin' Legends in Star Reach: The Fringe
    The 19 Hives of Ikklik Chiggik in Master of the Galaxy 2
    Glimmer, the mentally disturbed Padawan with a stripper name in Star Wars: the Forgotten Ones

Hearts of Iron 2: Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by Deaghaidh View Post
    An interesting point, would it be possible for a new player to start in the wasteland after next turn? 'Cause we've been led to believe that at least some of those lands would reopen.
    They will not be able to start in the wasteland. Weather is returning to normal, which removes one of the penalties associated with invasion, but they will never be fully white provinces.

In-universe the Russian Empire survived as a demon-worshiping cannibal state in one of the wasteland provinces. That could be a fun addition to the game.
    Russia is a special case and...well, all in good time.

+ Reply to Thread