+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Several Questions about the mod

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Several Questions about the mod

Hi i have this great played mod for a while now and i have several questions about it, if some people don't mind answering them:

1. How can i form Prussia as Brandenburg, as i am Lutheran and have Ostpreussen and Brandenburg but the problem is the decision won't show up in the decisions panel, the reason i am asking here is because Brandenburg was in a personal union with Prussia, with Prussia eventually gaining control.

2. How can i completly expel people who are not of my religion (or force convert) or culture (or force assimilate) from my provinces, as i would like to have a empire that i don't have to play wack a rebel with, the reason i am wondering is because this normal in the medieval times (Specific examples are Tamlerlane force converting christains and the Turks in Anatolia force assimilating Greeks into Turks).

3. Why is the Byzantines in the same culture as the Turks as they weren't similalry culturally or language wise, if anything they should have more in common with the Caucasian states or some of the states in the Balkans and the fact that they are always fighting each other historically.

4. Why isn't there a Jewish religion, this seems odd because at the time there were a few countries with sizable populations of Jews (despite them being discriminated against and there not being a Jewish majority nation) or at the very least a few provinces with a Jewish minority (i also wonder the same about Jainism, Sikhism, Zorostratism, Shintoism as i haven't seen them in my game yet).

5. Why isn't there a more in depth piracy system, the reason i'm asking is because piracy was a problem in the carribean (golden age of piracy) and in the medittarenean (Barbary pirates), perhaps a system could be introduced where pirates have bases and perform raids on coastal settlements and trade routes?

6. Perhaps faction specific units (janissarys for the Turks, Cossacks for the Russians, Geonese Crossbowmen for the Geonese), as it could add a bit more diversity to the mod, with the units having their own strenghts and weaknesses?

7. Could different technology groups be added (perhaps Western European for the Western European and certain Central European nations to reflect the fact that Western technology was more innovative, North African for North African nations as they are more advanced than Central African nations, Byzantine for the Roman to reflect the fact that they were incredibly advanced once and the fact that the Roman Empire is somewhat different from it's neighbours in the Balkans and nations in the Ukraine/Russia etc)?

8. Could a "suggestions thread" be added to give people who play the mod some say in it perhaps.

Thanks for any answers that may be posted.

1. You either need more Prussian provinces, or your ruler hasn't died since you annexed them, as that's the only time your claim value is updated.

2. In Anatolia, Andalusia and Prussia the native cultures assimilate very quickly into Turkish, Castillian and Prussian to represent this. The sub-mod that controls religious minorities is a bit weird at the moment.

3. Turks, Greeks and Bulgarians are in the same group for gameplay reasons. It makes the area much more desirable for a Greek or Turkish empire to go after that area.

4. There is a Jewish religion, there are just no Jewish provinces, nations, or minorities in the starting scenario yet. There are plans to add a Jewish region in Ethiopia for 5.3. There's an event chain for Sikhs, and I believe there are Zoroastrian minorities in Persia. I'm not sure, but Shinto might be present in Japan (Ryuku?)

5. I agree that piracy could use a little love beyond the spy mission.

6. For this you'd have to add even more tech and unit groups. I know Bkxz is working on a sub-mod to make the unit groups more equal and flavorful.

7. I'm not sure what the problem with central Europe is, at this point in history Bohemia was a center of learning and education, and its neighbors to the east are Eastern group. I think North Africans are in the Muslim group, unlike sub-Sarahan nations. Byzantium has very strong sliders to represent this, I don't know how appropriate higher tech levels than Europe would be.

8. Most suggestions are just posted as threads, like this one. Specific issues with the version are discussed in the megathread.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

Just a reaction to the technology point. West-europe tech wise should be viewed as also the current central europe at least. Especially early on a lot of the technologies came from Italy for example and not the far western nations.
    West europe was further ahead in some inventions and behind in some other, but thats just standard deviation, I don't think western europe was more advanced in tech than the rest of europe (compared to central, I would even think the opposite)

Darkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles

About the Judaism, this thread might answer your questions.
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."
    -General Norman Schwarzkopf
    (Sorry, I just had to! :P)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria 2

For question 2 i meant that if i can EXPEL religious minorities or cultures that isn't mine, how would i do it? I don't mind if it's peacefully or by force, but i would like to EXPEL religious minorities or different cultures permantly, is there no way to achieve this, either by event or decision? Also just wondering, why isn't there culturally minorities in some countries like for example, having Welsh or Scottish minorities in a English majority province or Greek minority in a Turkish province?

Thanks for the answers you have given me.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    1. You can't have the decision to form Prussia if Prussia is still on the map.

2. Like Fairleystff said.

3. To lure the Turks accross the Bosphorus.

4. Like Fairleystff said. Dei Gratia for MEIOU is being worked on.

5. On the to-do list. Any help is welcome.

6. There are already a few... but any faction-specific unit is availlable to all the nations of the tech group. To have a unit really nation-specific, you would need the nation to be alone in its tech group. Nothing we can do about it, it's hard coded.

7. I believe it to be an unnecessary complications.

8. There is no need for a suggestion thread... i think that, over the years, i've clearly proven that i'm open to ideas and criticism... it is just a question of how things are said. Feel free to use this thread, or create a new one with your ideas and suggestions.[/QUOTE]
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Two more question for now:

What is the tag for Jurchen and Dorvn Oord, as i cant find them in the file with the other tags (i want them for the savegame editor)?

How can China (Qing) be formed (from Song preferably)?

Thanks for any answers and for the answers given above.

if i remember right jurchen is actually labelled manchu in the countries.txt

Quote Originally Posted by Tongera View Post
    Two more question for now:

What is the tag for Jurchen and Dorvn Oord, as i cant find them in the file with the other tags (i want them for the savegame editor)?

Thanks for any answers and for the answers given above.
    Jurchen = MCH (Manchu)
    Dorvn Oord = OIR (Oriat Horde)

You want to form the Qing dynasty as the Song dynasty? How does that make any sense? I don't think there are any Chinese formable nations.

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongera View Post
    Why would a Chinese (Han, if memory serves me right) dynasty form a Jurchen/Manchu dynasty ?

Most of the nations there where known by they dynasties... hence no current formable.
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

Another question is how can remove cores from provinces? For example Epirus no longer exists, but i want to remove their cores from Albania and Greece (i got the national focus on said provinces), so how would i go about it?

Thanks

You can't.
    GENERATION 38: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion."

Is there a reason a for this, as i don't see why after 100 years, even 400 years that there should still be cores for nations that longer exist (except for certain countries such as Scotland, Wales, Ireland from Great Britain, Brittany from France and Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria, Albania from the Ottoman Empire at it's height), because i really can't see nations such as the Free Cities forming from Germany or nations such as Mentese, Etrenalgou, Trebizond forming from the Ottoman Empire in the 18th century. Perhaps an event can get rid of cores for lots of nations after around 100 years after being annexed (some nations shouldn't have this done for them though)?

Quite honestly, I've read historical sources that state that the last Byzantine Emperor was all but westernized near the end of the Empire, and their close connections to the Italian city states at that time (They were the ONLY thing keeping the Byzantines afloat at that time) resulted in an essentially westernized nation.

But, eh.

Two final questions for now: How do i change the auto decision in the middle of a game? The reason i ask is because i got load of magistrates and i want to do land enclosure manually, but at the start when i was offered three options, now every time i get 5 magistrates it wil eventually do the land enclosure event, but i want to do it manually, any ideas?

Is there any way to use Greek characters in the game? The reason i ask is because i am playing as the Byzantines and can only find the Greek name of Damascus in Greek characters and can find nothing about name of Damascus and how i can rename using only English characters. If anyone can tell me of a website that can help (must be something i can type on a English keyboard or unless there is a way i can Greek characters) i would be grateful.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Tongera; 15-03-2012 at 01:18.

Just go to keyboard settings. Choosing a Greek keyboard and selecting it as standard should do it.

What is the auto decision choice i choose so i can manually, province by province choose whether to build ballistas, bombards, provincial courts, land enclosures etc? The reason i want to know is so i can get them out of the way.

Also where is the folder, file where the stuff for provincial courts, land enclosures, bombards etc are?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Tongera; 16-03-2012 at 20:30.

One question for now: When the jousting tournament cultural decision is no longer available, why not replace with another similar decision, like army manoveurs or army training for example?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Rome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Damascus's Greek name transliterated into the Latin alphabet is Damaskós. Honestly, it isn't that hard to just learn the Greek alphabet (20-30 minutes tops), given its similarities to Latin. However, if you don't want to do that and still want to transliterate Greek names, just put the Greek name into Google Translate, and a Latin transliteration will appear below the text box on the left. Also, as a general rule of thumb, Greek place names can often be derived from the Latin by replacing final "u" with o and final "m" with "n", i.e. Damascus-Damaskos, Byzantium-Byzantion, Pergamum/Pergamon, etc.

As for the jousting tournament decision, I assume it's limited to the very start of the game to make up for the fact that you haven't had decades or centuries to build up your army tradition. If it were implemented later, on top of all the wars most players fight and the various other sources of tradition, it would be too overpowered.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

The pirates could be implemented like a country and they need caribbean or mediterranean islands to live.They need new islands to live and a "achivement" effect (like the Barbay pirates defeated) modifier.The pirates of Caribean, Asia,Medditerean,ETC.

P.S.If you want advice in the Caribean y could help a bit.
    "si hubiera parque no estaría usted aquí"
    Pedro María Anaya

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast