• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like a new rome however I would wan't it to be familiy focused instead of character focused like CK or country focused like EU.
You would play as a familiy who you may try to slowly get into power by such things as getting commands in the legions and creating alliances with other families, similar to how politics in rome would work.

Dear Father Paradox who lives in cold Northern lands,

I have been very kind this year so I want Rome 2 for Christmas. If not, I will cry very very loudly.

Just wondering: Am I the only one who feels that this desire for Rome 2 has left the realm of reality, and has reached the realm of memetic proportions?

I agree. Maybe after Christmas sales we will hear about new projects to keep the fanbase in the hype. We'll see but I would not bet a dime on it.
At the end of the day we must reckon that we are not even able to agree on what king of Rome2 we want :D One must be extremely diplomatic to announce a project like that in order to not to awake some rage. :D

well i think EVERYONE want rome 2 :) alexander campaing can be added later in dlc :)

Hey,

What I want to see next, is a Rome 2 [or something like it, with 753 BC to 476 AC, maybe thanks to DLCs...].
(maybe released 2016 ?)

And it would be the best with a converter, like Rome2-to-CK2

Greets! ;)

well, since ck2 start in 1024 (normal) 886 (old gods) (or 600 something with charlemagne) - then if you start a rome in cca 700bc you will have a REALY long gameplay to bring game minimaly to 700 ac. Surely it will be realy interesing to have.
And if you survive, no byzantine empire needs to restore rome empire :).

Reactions:
We didn't promise a kickstarter. What I said was that we were toying around with the idea. IF one was to be made we'd obviously not just throw a logo up there but actually tell you what the game would be and feature.

Honestly it comes from the fact that those of you who want Rome 2 are very vocal - but our, my, guess is that you are few. A potential Kickstarter would be a way for you to put your money where your mouth is. We do not need money to fund it nor are we asking for it. This would potentially be a way for you to show us that there's strength in numbers besides signing a petition like this.

The reason why PDS isn't doing Rome 2 isn't because they don't like the series or think there's a potential in a sequel - it's that the things they're working on now are more fun/exciting for them. There are after all a limited number of developers available.

/shams
I cannot believe this would be the opinion shared by most of you guys. How many replies does this topic need? How many replies did the EU3 or CK1 suggestion topics get, if any? I just find the "well you guys are just a vocal minority"-excuse to be very poor. Go all out and say you cannot spare the manpower and resources for another game, not this nonsense.

Reactions:
well, since ck2 start in 1024 (normal) 886 (old gods) (or 600 something with charlemagne) - then if you start a rome in cca 700bc you will have a REALY long gameplay to bring game minimaly to 700 ac. Surely it will be realy interesing to have.
No? All of these dates are wrong. :p Normal is 1066, The Old Gods 867 and Charlemagne 769. The dates in CK2 are logical around historical events, not just random.

This is the second most viewed/ replied thread in the entire paradox development forums, including stickies!, the only one that surpasses it is ask paradox anything thread. So why hasn't paradox hoped on board :(
Also now it seems Augustus is not the beautiful champion we have been waiting for (still gonna be a great game, no doubt.) so it's tme to raise this once more, WHO WANTS ROME 2? WHY DO YOU WANT ROME 2? WHEN DO WE WANT IT?? CHANGE YOU AVATAR TO ROMAN FLAG IF YOU SUPPORT MY CRUSADE!!!

VAE VICTIS!

(I am the crazy minority paradox speaks about...join us with caution, we are stigmatized with great passion!)

edit: By most viewed/replied in paradox development forums, i mean the "non games" section, where this is located, still a massive feat.

Last edited:
Reactions:
This is the second most viewed/ replied thread in the entire paradox development forums, including stickies!

I didn't know this!!!

WHY IS THIS NOT A THING YET!!!

So many are asking for it and so many more want it than want shitty China or more cucking added to CK2 or meme turtlebox counters in HOI4 or some new kind of mana in EUIV. Seriously.

Reactions:
This is the second most viewed/ replied thread in the entire paradox development forums, including stickies!, the only one that surpasses it is ask paradox anything thread. So why hasn't paradox hoped on board :(
Also now it seems Augustus is not the beautiful champion we have been waiting for (still gonna be a great game, no doubt.) so it's tme to raise this once more, WHO WANTS ROME 2? WHY DO YOU WANT ROME 2? WHEN DO WE WANT IT?? CHANGE YOU AVATAR TO ROMAN FLAG IF YOU SUPPORT MY CRUSADE!!!

VAE VICTIS!

(I am the crazy minority paradox speaks about...join us with caution, we are stigmatized with great passion!)

I thought I would change my avatar to a bit more obvious one (Carthage, Seleucid or something), but there doesn't seem to be a Rome category anymore... Or perhaps I'm still asleep or something :)

Either way, I red somewhere someone from Paradox stating that they would do Rome 2 at some point if they get bored of us asking for it, so all we have to do is to keep spamming the forum and eventually, we'll get it I guess :p

Reactions:
Would anyone like to admin a "Paradox please make a Rome 2 Grand strategy title." facebook page?, would this be a good idea? thoughts people? i'm not to familiar with facebook but would definantly jump on this if it's something that could gauge peoples opinion on the matter.

+1. Signed (again).

EU Rome was the 1st or 2nd Paradox game I played and I loved it!

C'mon Pdx, show your pals some love and develop another AAA Grand Strategy game of yours!

Just like EU3 & 4 and CK2, a new release for Rome would reach everybody nowadays (not the niche it was the previous one).

Reactions:
Rome had such interesting concepts , way more interesting than the much modern CK II , or EU IV.

I mean we had an Senate for God s sake !!!!!

Reactions:
I fired up EU Rome for the first time in ages today. It really does have so much potential!

Exactly. It had a huge potential. With the great engine improvements we have now, they can create a great game about Hellenistic era and beyond.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.