• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please if NOTHING else... add a way to declare an heir. PLEASE

Sure if the court doesn't like the dictators decision there might be civil war. But for god sakes let me appint an heir!!! within the rules of the succession is fine.

has to be one of the children...ok go it

has to be one of my brothers ...ok got it

has to be a male or female...ok got it

I must be extremely unlucky or stupid but almost every single ruler after the innitial monarch when I changed from a republic are idiots, or damn children!. Only one I can have a definite idea of who will be is in agnatic succession

Please if NOTHING else... add a way to declare an heir. PLEASE

Sure if the court doesn't like the dictators decision there might be civil war. But for god sakes let me appint an heir!!! within the rules of the succession is fine.

has to be one of the children...ok go it

has to be one of my brothers ...ok got it

has to be a male or female...ok got it

I must be extremely unlucky or stupid but almost every single ruler after the innitial monarch when I changed from a republic are idiots, or damn children!. Only one I can have a definite idea of who will be is in agnatic succession

I KNOW RIGHT!

Roman dictatorial succession was not ensured in any case!
I'm thinking that a Dictator should be able to resign (perhaps with no stability loss).
Depending on other factors that Paradox should be able to anticipate/formulate, his principal heir (WHICH HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO NAME IF HE IS CHILDLESS/CHILD IS A MINOR!!!) either becomes the next Dictator, OR gains command of an army (which will now be disloyal). Cue stability loss and/or riots, or civil war, if he is dictator and unpopular, or if he is only a general and very popular.

At the moment Rome2 seems like a distant dream. However I'm content, because new beta patch made it finally possible to play EU: Rome with all the beta goodies and without constant crashes. It's a huge improvement, because I thought that Paradox has completely abandoned Rome.

I KNOW RIGHT!

Roman dictatorial succession was not ensured in any case!
I'm thinking that a Dictator should be able to resign (perhaps with no stability loss).
Depending on other factors that Paradox should be able to anticipate/formulate, his principal heir (WHICH HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO NAME IF HE IS CHILDLESS/CHILD IS A MINOR!!!) either becomes the next Dictator, OR gains command of an army (which will now be disloyal). Cue stability loss and/or riots, or civil war, if he is dictator and unpopular, or if he is only a general and very popular.

Found finally how to tweak my save file to choose my successor. Sort of cheating but I groom my heirs for sucess and I'll be dammed if some 4 year old is somehow the next monarch. Specially when he is not connected to anybody at all, his parents are 2 individuals that got no special skills or anything.

Is not that time consuming now, so I am finally somewhat at peace with any succession rule. I wait until the dictator dies. Go to my save file, and look for the ID of the new monarch. He should have lost the title crown_prince, and near the bottom of the safe there will be a date, it will be the day after he lost his crown_prince title and right there is the key,

monarch=
{
id=xxxxxxxx
type=44

change that to the ID of your true heir!.

Also gota make sure to give the spouse consort title, right under traits.

And there you go. Already go through 2 monarchs this way

change ID from monarch, give spouse consort. BLAM

Now is a true dictatorship, now I concentrate on raising great leaders. Even though is Egyptian I say screw it, depending ont he traits of the kid I raise him or her.

First dictator was Male of course
Next two were females
4th is a male again, the best of the best are chosen to lead :p

Signed.

I'm on board if they plan to actually make it more playable than EU rome.

EU: Rome is playable as hell! The only problem with it is its replayability, or flavor with different nations. For example, the Satraps and generals of Seleucia and Macedonia should be way more treacherous and use a lot more intrigue than the governors of Rome. On the other hand, Roman politicians should withdraw support for actions (Declare War, Demand Tribute, Hold Triumph, etc.) if things that they want done won't happen.
You're not building? Less Civic Faction members (maybe 20+ conviction, with traits also influencing?) vote your way for any reason, unless it specifically lies in their interest. If you are a Civic Faction member, as consul, your popularity with them REALLY plummets, since you should be totally on their side.
Same for all other factions; with enacting laws, too.

Vote from me too. CKII has been my favourite game of the last year and a half. EUIV is looking like it'll be joining it's older sibling at the top my most-played list.

Combine the best parts of the two and make a Rome game. Please. Please. :)

Total War: Rome 2 feels so empty and lifeless in comparison. You've ruined one of my favourite series, Paradox. Make a new Rome game. You owe me this. ;)

CKII has been my favourite game of the last year and a half. EUIV is looking like it'll be joining it's older sibling at the top my most-played list.

CK2 is still at the top of my most played list, I still can't play EUIV due to the lag problems (still waiting for the first official patch to fix this).

After the biggest disappointment of the year 2013, namely Total War Rome 2, Pdox needs to bring us a proper Rome game!

Signed

I think Rome 2 is an awesome idea, a pity they abandoned this. As it happened with simcity disaster and people looking for other city Simulators now CA fans would surely buy this one but sadly is so abandoned by paradox.

Now that they have CK II and the incoming EU, I assume they can do the proper tweaks and it would not be difficult to develop Rome 2

I believe Rome is an underrated jewel even by paradox fans, I don’t know what happened, if the sells were not as expected but I feel Rome deserved more.

I think Rome would be the perfect setting for next paradox game. A game in this era has so much potential. After the sucess of CK II, I think Paradox wouldn't have to worry about the game being finacialy sucessfull. Personaly I hope they go CK way with Dinasties, at least for Republics. Nothing would be more satisfying than taking a Patrician Family all the way from reaching consulate to Empire. There is a huge potential to political intrigue and family alliances and promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.