• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3dsvfqnd.jpg

Attachments

• 3dsvfqnd.jpg
    3dsvfqnd.jpg
    353,9 KB · Views: 32
awesome! :D

Im mostly a CK2 player, but wanted a change from that at the moment and bought Rome gold. If a sequel got the same production as CK2 or EU4 got it would be up there with them. Rome feels abit unfinished/lacking in its present form imo.

Yeh, sometimes i'll feel like playing Rome. I'll remember all its nifty features, the Senate, cool government types and character management. Then i'll actually boot it up and quit within 10 minutes after encountering the stuff that wasn't in my idealized memories: the sterility, awkward interfaces, cascading alliances, rage inducing military system and overall feeling of unfinishedness.

If PDS will ever make a Rome 2, then there would be competition between Rome 2 Europa Universalis and Rome 2 Total War

If Paradox makes a Rome game with the same quality as CK2 it doesn't matter how many or how few fans Rome 1 has, the sequel will take care of that just as it did for CK. Rome's problem was that it simply wasn't very good, the setting sold it wholesale, a bit like Sengoku.

If Paradox makes a Rome game with the same quality as CK2 it doesn't matter how many or how few fans Rome 1 has, the sequel will take care of that just as it did for CK. Rome's problem was that it simply wasn't very good, the setting sold it wholesale, a bit like Sengoku.

Yeah the graphics were rubbish and the map was kind of lame (not enough provinces) and the gameplay felt contrived, more like a roman era mod for EU rather than a standalone roman era grand strategy title.

Oh hell yeah....a dream come true...I'd preorder, buy multipacks, give away a few copies to friends and relatives....It would be awsome....especially....

If they created better naval combat; combined Greek city states and early Rome...

Ill crosspost from other topic:
"Did someone play boardgame "Republic of Rome"?
The game runs the players against eachothers as well as getting them to unify their power to figh foreign elements that can ruin them all...(like, getting three simultaneous wars which destroys Roma instantly).
The boardgame had million of options for Senate fights, assasinations being the least likely, but framing people for other things, exiling them as governors of newly acquired barbaric provinces,cheating your way into offices, residing over courts and ruling the republic.......
...revealing their opponents corruptness.....
arranging assasination and getting away with it in courts of law...

I would dearly love to see interactive Senate with political fights and political scheming enabling some to win what they couldn't on the field of battle and vice versa....

Also, bringing civilisation into barbaric provinces, introducing new laws etc....that would be awsome....

imagine playing multiplayer with republican dynasties vying for real and imaginative power all over Roman world.....maybe even MP coop as Roma against the world

I direct your attention to the following: The UBIQUITOUS "Restore the Roman empire" mods/AARs/questions/requests/demands/screenshots that are done all over the community in EVERY SINGLE Paradox game.

Your move.

Excellent. People LOVE Roman domination in all games I played as well as ancient world with everything it can offer....Get the literature and fantasy historic alterations published left and right.

It is popular era, and getting a quality budgeted game like CK2 and EU4 had into it, in a few years, would be superb...

also, add it a bit with specific things like no other PDS game had and it will grow on its own...

I hope they do it, but with more Eu feeling than CK feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.