• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll probably have to wait. They're currently busy with CKII DLC, Napoleon and Cold War.
Cold War is being developed by the guys who made AoD so it's not internal team project.

/signed

Like many said before, naming it "ROME II", and moving on from the EU basis to the CK one would be grand.
An expanded map with Alexander's conquests in Asia would be great too, but maybe it would mean some complicated researches about religions and political regims in these lands at the time...

Cold War is being developed by the guys who made AoD so it's not internal team project.

It is actually developed by both Paradox and them (which is why that game is being grouped together with Paradox games)

Last edited:
Rome 2 I think should stay in the republic and early imperial time period and should be a CK2 based charecter game where you could be the Pater Familias of a roman family and try to get your family elected to the consulship and other offices, same could go with greek republics and carthage, for monarchies you could be the starting family or one of the non ruling nobile familes and try to gain the throne for yourself. That would the best game ever :).

/sign

With Alea Jacta Est and RTW II coming, an EU:Rome would be the cherry on top of the cake for those who like Roman History.

I can't remember if I ever stated on this thread that I wanted a Rome 2, so I will do so now. :)

I a m hoping that the August announcement will be Rome 2, with the game covering the fall of the Empire from Constantine through the Barbarian conquests and ending with Charlemagne.

I a m hoping that the August announcement will be Rome 2, with the game covering the fall of the Empire from Constantine through the Barbarian conquests and ending with Charlemagne.

I would like to see the game cover the Republic Era aswell.

I think Rome 2 should start right after the Battle of Adrianople where Rome lost to the Goths and the death of Theodosius would be great if it had Ck2s fuedal system, but where the vassals are governors, non-hereditary, appointed by the emperor, and when you remove a govenor he plots against the emperor in some way. Also I think an implementation of the senate would be great.

I think Rome 2 should start right after the Battle of Adrianople where Rome lost to the Goths and the death of Theodosius would be great if it had Ck2s fuedal system, but where the vassals are governors, non-hereditary, appointed by the emperor, and when you remove a govenor he plots against the emperor in some way. Also I think an implementation of the senate would be great.

One of my favorite things with Rome was the Republic system. I'd hope that we can still play as the Roman republic, so unless the scenario you mentioned has some form of alt history return of the republic possibility I personally would not be too interested in it. Am I the only one who thinks the Roman Republic is a great setting for the game?

I fail to see why ppl want Rome 2. There's nothing wrong with Rome 1 but expansion might be nice. Just not sure what needs to be changed. Well AI update would be nice I guess.

Man I'd like to play Rome 1 MP match at least once in my life.

I fail to see why ppl want Rome 2. There's nothing wrong with Rome 1 but expansion might be nice. Just not sure what needs to be changed. Well AI update would be nice I guess.

Man I'd like to play Rome 1 MP match at least once in my life.

A few things:

1. Longer timeline.
2. Removing the weird religion mechanics.
3. Realistic government models for the Romans (there were two consuls a year for one), and you could even throw in the Spartan dual monarchy.
4. A larger map (not just larger, but with more regions included in areas such as Italy, Greece, and the Mid-East.
5. War goals with the new casus belli system.

I'm sure I could think of more, but I must admit it's been a while since I've loaded EU:R up.

Status
Not open for further replies.