• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak9090

Super mega deluxe supreme leader
96 Badges
Dec 11, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
who wants rome 2?... i know i do.

Edit 2015: this all started with a few words...words of unity, words of passion..who wants rome 2?....please change your flag to the roman flag if you support this campaign, thank you and good eve.

Also this is now the second most viewed/commented thread in the ENTIRE paradox development studio forum!, let's push on and bring it higher then that pesky "ask paradox anything thread." all we want is rome!,

VAE VICTIS!

Last edited:
Reactions:
I'm on board. Bring it on!

lucaluca, why would you want all of Africa included? I would think northern Africa would be plenty. All of Asia would also be a stretch I think.

Reactions:
I would rather have second expansion which would incorporate some of CKII's mechanics to Rome. I don't think that Rome is outdated enough to be replaced completely, EUIII is older than Rome and Divine Wind brought new life to it. Similar expansion to Rome would be enough for me. I love Rome and I don't want to see it abandoned, but rather I wish that Paradox will use it's full potential.

i think the question of rome 2 vs expansion is really more about whether the newer game engine Clauwitz 2? would need a start over (rome 2) or could be included in an expansion project. In any case one or the other would be great.

I wouldn't want a Rome 2 to be any more character based then it is now. One of the things keeping me from getting CKII is that there is so much character micro-management. I want to get the feeling of charting the destiny of an Empire/Nation and not a bunch of individuals. Any more character management than what EU: Rome already has would get to be too much imo.

Reactions:
I'm on board. Bring it on!

lucaluca, why would you want all of Africa included? I would think northern Africa would be plenty. All of Asia would also be a stretch I think.

well, yes north africa at least. And all of asia to simulate the indian and chinese empires, as well as the steppe empires like yuezhi, wusun and xiong-nu (mongols)

Reactions:
I would like Rome 2, but I'd like more character depth. Basically, the system of CK2. I've played Rome for a long time, but I never felt quite connected to any characters in the game, they were just names to me. If we could play as a Roman dynasty, such as the Julii, Scipii, and so forth and play during the Imperial period, plotting and scheming to position ourselves as the Imperator, that would be fun for me.

If people think that it would be a bit dull, then the game could start in 476 after the fall of Romulus Augustus. The only remaining legitimate Western Ruler was Julius Nepos in his rump state in Dalmatia. Meanwhile the Eastern empire was plagued by bloody politics and barbarians. At the same time the world is a bit more full due to the barbarians setting up kingdoms, the shrinking western borders, religious divisions, among other things.

I would love a Rome 2 or even another expansion. Victoria II gives me hope that it has a chance of happening (It's the last game I thought Paradox would remake).

There is just a ridiculous amount of potential for a fun game in the Roman era.

Rome is still in current-games forum so expansion is possible. But if it cost as much as new expansion for V2 I won`t buy it.

Rome is still in current-games forum so expansion is possible. But if it cost as much as new expansion for V2 I won`t buy it.

Thats the standard price for expansions.

If an expansion were to be released I'd buy it, but I personally would rather have a full game based on the advances that have been made with Sengoku and Crusader Kings 2.

Either a full sequel or an expansion would be fine for me. Just so long as Rome gets something!

Reactions:
If there is not a cold war game, rome 2 should be a priority, rome in my opinion is a underestimated game.

If there is a cold war game, a rome expansion must be in works.

In my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.