• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This, with the rise of Chrisitanity and Islam and the arrival of the Barbarians. Built on a Crusader Kings 2 like system, with the focus on the dynastic Family and their rise and fall.

This, BUT they really need to work on an elegant religious minority system. Provinces just randomly becoming Christian come first century would be unrealistic and ugly. And of course, this could be used for other significant religious minorities of the time (Mithras cult, Sol Invictus, Arianism). I'd like to see the possibility of these lesser-known but nonetheless influential relgions rising to prominence instead of Christianity/Islam. Not a high possibility, but definitely possible for the player.

Since they messed up Rome and kinda showed no real support for this game, compared to the other main games, I know for sure I wont buy Rome 2 until they fix the first one.

Well the big problems such as cascading alliances are basically fixed.

Rome or really its Classical Period timeframe is ripe for Paradox to really dig its teeth into.

Expand the time frame a tiny bit and then make "Rome's" map encompass everything from Iberia through Asia Minor through India all the way to China

So you'd have the Rise of Rome, rise of Greece, rise of Persia with the fall of Egypt, the rise of the Mauryan and Gupta Indian Empires, the rise of the Qin and Han states out east and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms all crammed into one game.

ME WANT!

Longer timeline: Ab Vrbe Condita (since the foundation of Rome) until... how about until the "official" fall of the Western Roman Empire? For a total of roughly 1000 years. With several topical different starting points, of course.
Areas: More Asia (Persia, India, western Russia, Baltic area, maybe China?), whole Europe (including Iceland), more Africa (Ethiopia, Somalia, West Africa, Azores), maybe Greenland?
Populations/nations: all the populations involved in those areas and timelines, including those in the Italian peninsula (which may end up destroying Rome before it has a chance to expand!), and those that might form from splintering the Roman Empire. Spontaneous appearance of nations in previously gray/non-civilized provinces, corresponding to the historical events. Same for "core" provinces of dominated cultures.
Events: ditto, everything included in that period... notably 0 AD, rise of Christianity, Mithrans, religious convertions, pax romana, civil wars (competition for the throne), important nomad barbaric raids (3rd century), etc...
Other: easier and more interactive characters and governments system. More military techs (especially naval), deeper colonization, option to build (and name) new cities, more detailed politics (Vic2 style), a better religion system (give a "patron" deity to every new state leader, with different bonuses, for example)...

Now I have to say goodbye, folks... back to editing my Communist Roma, Fascist Roma, Monarchic(al?) Roma, Republican Roma and standard Roma flags. ;)

It seems that everyone else has very different idea what should be in next ancient history game. People seem to wish China and late Roman history, personally I would love to fight Persian wars and Peloponnesian war. Having early Greek city states and West Roman and early Byzantine Empires in the same game would be as logical as making Crusader Kings to start from 476 AD. And while I don't have anything against early Chinese history, I just don't see Greek hoplites in the same game with Warring States unless that game is called Civilization. So, unfortunately I just don't see how all these things could be in the same game. Personally I hope that if the timeline is expanded it is expanded backwards so we get Classical Greece to the game.

Last edited:
I agree with the previous poster. Asking for too much, will rather discourage PI. Why make the effort, if they know that half the gamers would be disappointed by the perceived lack of scope?

450 BC onwards may be possible though. However, then, the attraction would lie in the Eastern Medi., only later shifting to Italy... What to do with the North in 450BC or even earlier?

I do want a EUIV but I'd rather have EU:Rome II

With the success of CK2 another Character focused paradox game could go far. And with the announcement of Total War: Rome II; I already know I'll be in the Roman mood this next year.

I do want a EUIV but I'd rather have EU:Rome II

With the success of CK2 another Character focused paradox game could go far. And with the announcement of Total War: Rome II; I already know I'll be in the Roman mood this next year.

You'll probably have to wait. They're currently busy with CKII DLC, Napoleon and Cold War.

You'll probably have to wait. They're currently busy with CKII DLC, Napoleon and Cold War.

I knew about CK2 and Napoleon but whats this Cold War one your talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.