• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope in Rome 2...
maybe more accurate in geography, with persian, indian and central european countries/tribes and start date back IV sec. BC,
with the possibility to play the life of Alexander, the wars of Diadokhoi and the rise of Rome against italic peoples...
Maybe it will be an "EU:Ancient World", rather than simply Rome 2...

I'd only buy Rome 2 if it showed significant improvement in many areas. Namely tech, diplomacy, religion, culture, economy, specialized troops and ofc more playable factions........actually just about everything. Don't get me wrong I do actually like the game and the time period has massive scope for not only what they can do with the game but for the market for games of this period. The game's not terrible but it's below what I would expect of a game like this and far below what I would expect of a paradox game. I shouldn't be able to say that total war Rome is better than EU Rome but it is. Because of the lack of playable factions it makes the game extremely predictable even more so than a total war game.
If by chance they look at this thread and this thread I'd like them to make the game more like EU3. Tech and culture should be aligned and different for each culture. Religion should not be as big a factor in diplomacy as it is. and meh idk just make a better game.
I haven't bought CK2 because to me it looks too much like CK1 so I wouldn't buy Rome 2 unless there was some serious innovation.

Have I signed this?

Don't think I have, so /sign. Considering what we have seen from CK2 I think development would be more about adaptation rather than outright development to fit into the Roman era, would be very interesting to play a Roman family (or a Macedonian one during the Diadoch wars for that matter) and plot your way to greatness - the tools for that are all there, in CK2.

I would love this! Sign my name to this little list. :cool:

Signed.

Have I signed this?

Don't think I have, so /sign. Considering what we have seen from CK2 I think development would be more about adaptation rather than outright development to fit into the Roman era, would be very interesting to play a Roman family (or a Macedonian one during the Diadoch wars for that matter) and plot your way to greatness - the tools for that are all there, in CK2.
I second this idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.