+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 39 64 ... LastLast

Thread: who wants rome 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Vasious View Post
    This, with the rise of Chrisitanity and Islam and the arrival of the Barbarians. Built on a Crusader Kings 2 like system, with the focus on the dynastic Family and their rise and fall.
    This, BUT they really need to work on an elegant religious minority system. Provinces just randomly becoming Christian come first century would be unrealistic and ugly. And of course, this could be used for other significant religious minorities of the time (Mithras cult, Sol Invictus, Arianism). I'd like to see the possibility of these lesser-known but nonetheless influential relgions rising to prominence instead of Christianity/Islam. Not a high possibility, but definitely possible for the player.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIMajesty II CollectionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Sengoku

Since they messed up Rome and kinda showed no real support for this game, compared to the other main games, I know for sure I wont buy Rome 2 until they fix the first one.

EU3 CompleteMagickaRome Gold500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold View Post
    Since they messed up Rome and kinda showed no real support for this game, compared to the other main games, I know for sure I wont buy Rome 2 until they fix the first one.
    Well the big problems such as cascading alliances are basically fixed.
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

'Regency' Mod for Rome

Rome or really its Classical Period timeframe is ripe for Paradox to really dig its teeth into.

Expand the time frame a tiny bit and then make "Rome's" map encompass everything from Iberia through Asia Minor through India all the way to China

So you'd have the Rise of Rome, rise of Greece, rise of Persia with the fall of Egypt, the rise of the Mauryan and Gupta Indian Empires, the rise of the Qin and Han states out east and the Romance of the Three Kingdoms all crammed into one game.

one thing they should do is make sure their are no blank provinces like there were in the orginal game, I honestly hated that part of the game.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionRome GoldSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

I don't think there should be any colonies in the game, just trade posts. A trading post feature would be nice rather than straight up colonies.
    Tired of boring Asian countries? Try the Asian Renovation Mod for EUIV today! Steam Workshop Pastebin - Out of date

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    March of the EaglesRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Signed
    Today was announced Rome2 Total War, this will lead to the creation of EU:Rome2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionRome GoldSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by Leon_Aditzu View Post
    Signed
    Today was announced Rome2 Total War, this will lead to the creation of EU:Rome2
    I hope it's mod-friendly, TW series as of recent years has been unkind to modders.
    Tired of boring Asian countries? Try the Asian Renovation Mod for EUIV today! Steam Workshop Pastebin - Out of date

ME WANT!

Longer timeline: Ab Vrbe Condita (since the foundation of Rome) until... how about until the "official" fall of the Western Roman Empire? For a total of roughly 1000 years. With several topical different starting points, of course.
    Areas: More Asia (Persia, India, western Russia, Baltic area, maybe China?), whole Europe (including Iceland), more Africa (Ethiopia, Somalia, West Africa, Azores), maybe Greenland?
    Populations/nations: all the populations involved in those areas and timelines, including those in the Italian peninsula (which may end up destroying Rome before it has a chance to expand!), and those that might form from splintering the Roman Empire. Spontaneous appearance of nations in previously gray/non-civilized provinces, corresponding to the historical events. Same for "core" provinces of dominated cultures.
    Events: ditto, everything included in that period... notably 0 AD, rise of Christianity, Mithrans, religious convertions, pax romana, civil wars (competition for the throne), important nomad barbaric raids (3rd century), etc...
    Other: easier and more interactive characters and governments system. More military techs (especially naval), deeper colonization, option to build (and name) new cities, more detailed politics (Vic2 style), a better religion system (give a "patron" deity to every new state leader, with different bonuses, for example)...

Now I have to say goodbye, folks... back to editing my Communist Roma, Fascist Roma, Monarchic(al?) Roma, Republican Roma and standard Roma flags.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

It seems that everyone else has very different idea what should be in next ancient history game. People seem to wish China and late Roman history, personally I would love to fight Persian wars and Peloponnesian war. Having early Greek city states and West Roman and early Byzantine Empires in the same game would be as logical as making Crusader Kings to start from 476 AD. And while I don't have anything against early Chinese history, I just don't see Greek hoplites in the same game with Warring States unless that game is called Civilization. So, unfortunately I just don't see how all these things could be in the same game. Personally I hope that if the timeline is expanded it is expanded backwards so we get Classical Greece to the game.
    Last edited by Olaus Petrus; 02-07-2012 at 20:24.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome Gold500k club

I agree with the previous poster. Asking for too much, will rather discourage PI. Why make the effort, if they know that half the gamers would be disappointed by the perceived lack of scope?

450 BC onwards may be possible though. However, then, the attraction would lie in the Eastern Medi., only later shifting to Italy... What to do with the North in 450BC or even earlier?

Private
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight

/sign

Rome, one of my favorite periods.

/signed ofcourse!

/signed

I do want a EUIV but I'd rather have EU:Rome II

With the success of CK2 another Character focused paradox game could go far. And with the announcement of Total War: Rome II; I already know I'll be in the Roman mood this next year.
    "A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn." - Warhammer
    "Your words are as empty as your future. I am the vanguard of your destruction, this exchange is over." - Sovereign

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by xGhost4000x View Post
    I do want a EUIV but I'd rather have EU:Rome II

With the success of CK2 another Character focused paradox game could go far. And with the announcement of Total War: Rome II; I already know I'll be in the Roman mood this next year.
    You'll probably have to wait. They're currently busy with CKII DLC, Napoleon and Cold War.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

Quote Originally Posted by Olaus Petrus View Post
    You'll probably have to wait. They're currently busy with CKII DLC, Napoleon and Cold War.
    I knew about CK2 and Napoleon but whats this Cold War one your talking about?
    "A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn." - Warhammer
    "Your words are as empty as your future. I am the vanguard of your destruction, this exchange is over." - Sovereign

Quote Originally Posted by xGhost4000x View Post
    I knew about CK2 and Napoleon but whats this Cold War one your talking about?
    That project Reagan called East vs West or something.
    Anyway i think they have enough potential to make Rome 2 aswell with those

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 39 64 ... LastLast