+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 33 58 ... LastLast

Thread: who wants rome 2?

I hope in Rome 2...
    maybe more accurate in geography, with persian, indian and central european countries/tribes and start date back IV sec. BC,
    with the possibility to play the life of Alexander, the wars of Diadokhoi and the rise of Rome against italic peoples...
    Maybe it will be an "EU:Ancient World", rather than simply Rome 2...
    AVFERRE TRVCIDARE RAPERE FALSIS NOMINIBVS IMPERIVM ATQVE VBI SOLITVDINEM FACIVNT PACEM APPELLANT
    (P. CORNELIVS TACITVS - DE VITA IVLII AGRICOLAE LIBER)

http://www.terreconosciute.blogspot.com

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Majesty II CollectionRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The Exiled

I would like to see Assyria, Urartu, Median Empire, Egypt and the neo-Hittite states

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmerchant View Post
    I would like to see Assyria, Urartu, Median Empire, Egypt and the neo-Hittite states
    +1

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmerchant View Post
    That would be great as well.
    Shōgun ni naritai! Sword of the Samurai AAR

"It is because people's minds are not logical and enlightened that the Empire is in disorder. If the country is not properly ruled there will be no end to rebellions. And if anyone wishes to get the knowledge of how to rule it properly he will only find it in books. That is why the publication of books is the beginning of beneficient rule."

- Tokugawa Ieyasu

Crusader Kings IIElven Legacy CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedPride of Nations

Rome 2 gets my vote too!

I'd only buy Rome 2 if it showed significant improvement in many areas. Namely tech, diplomacy, religion, culture, economy, specialized troops and ofc more playable factions........actually just about everything. Don't get me wrong I do actually like the game and the time period has massive scope for not only what they can do with the game but for the market for games of this period. The game's not terrible but it's below what I would expect of a game like this and far below what I would expect of a paradox game. I shouldn't be able to say that total war Rome is better than EU Rome but it is. Because of the lack of playable factions it makes the game extremely predictable even more so than a total war game.
    If by chance they look at this thread and this thread I'd like them to make the game more like EU3. Tech and culture should be aligned and different for each culture. Religion should not be as big a factor in diplomacy as it is. and meh idk just make a better game.
    I haven't bought CK2 because to me it looks too much like CK1 so I wouldn't buy Rome 2 unless there was some serious innovation.

Rome Gold

I would first of all want a bigger map, basicly all of eurasia and northern africa.

And more playable factions, a lot more.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome Gold500k clubCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I like the idea of having Rome 2. I actually think it is the next Paradox title due!

EU3 CompleteMagickaRome Gold500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival2211 View Post
    I like the idea of having Rome 2. I actually think it is the next Paradox title due!
    Definitely!
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes." - Douglas Adams

'Regency' Mod for Rome

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Signed
    The general sat, and the lines on the map, moved from side to side.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Have I signed this?

Don't think I have, so /sign. Considering what we have seen from CK2 I think development would be more about adaptation rather than outright development to fit into the Roman era, would be very interesting to play a Roman family (or a Macedonian one during the Diadoch wars for that matter) and plot your way to greatness - the tools for that are all there, in CK2.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

/signed
    Don't like portrait DLC faces but want the clothes and hairstyles? Try the Portrait Realignment Pack!
    Byzantium too big? Try the De Jure Tweaks mini-mod.
    Want some Steppe variety? Try the Manichaean Pechenegs mini-mod.
    Want some Highland flare? Try the Scottish Tartan Coat of Arms mod.

55 games registered

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Don't think I've properly signed this so /signed. I hope Rome 2 is the next project, I loved the original and still have my Caesar bust on my desk .

Crazy Reactionary crusaderknight's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2

I would love this! Sign my name to this little list.
    ++ Member of the Christian Paradox Players Club ++
    Honorary Byzantine
    I was canonized!
    See my AARs at the Ink Well
    Active AARs:
    Fresh Blood on Ancient Soil - A Saga of the Scottish Kings of Aquitaine - NEW UPDATE: 21/02/2013
    The Morea, A Palaeologid AAR - Last update: 22/7/2011
    Regnum Iudaeorum - The Lost Ten Tribes of Israel - 4x Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds - Last update: 22/7/2011

Remembering Steve Irwin (1962 - 2006) we will miss you, Steve.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur IIMagickaMajesty 2
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessWarlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Yorba Linda, California, United States, 107670702594209, Yorba Linda, California
    EU Rome 2 with an option to merge into CK2 /sign

Cities in MotionDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I'm on board!

Wouldn't mind if it would become more like CKII.

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldThe Showdown EffectWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Blog Entries
    Signed.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Have I signed this?

Don't think I have, so /sign. Considering what we have seen from CK2 I think development would be more about adaptation rather than outright development to fit into the Roman era, would be very interesting to play a Roman family (or a Macedonian one during the Diadoch wars for that matter) and plot your way to greatness - the tools for that are all there, in CK2.
    I second this idea!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 33 58 ... LastLast