+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast

Thread: who wants rome 2?

who wants rome 2?

who wants rome 2?... i know i do.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I'd rather have Europa Universalis: Alexander.
    Yeah, well... sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

HERSHEY'S: MORE SUSTAINING THAN MEAT (fact)

R.I.P. Peter O'Toole

meeeeeeeee... but with all eurasia and africa
    Byzantine.Hellenistic.Ottoman.Sogdian

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Rise of Prussia

I'm on board. Bring it on!

lucaluca, why would you want all of Africa included? I would think northern Africa would be plenty. All of Asia would also be a stretch I think.
    "The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

"To know nothing of the time before you were born is to remain forever a child", Cicero

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'd love it. Moving more towards CK2 rather than EUIII.
    Why do you sound surprised? I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America - Liz Lemon

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I would rather have second expansion which would incorporate some of CKII's mechanics to Rome. I don't think that Rome is outdated enough to be replaced completely, EUIII is older than Rome and Divine Wind brought new life to it. Similar expansion to Rome would be enough for me. I love Rome and I don't want to see it abandoned, but rather I wish that Paradox will use it's full potential.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I agree, there is still room for another expansion(s).

i think the question of rome 2 vs expansion is really more about whether the newer game engine Clauwitz 2? would need a start over (rome 2) or could be included in an expansion project. In any case one or the other would be great.

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Rise of Prussia

I wouldn't want a Rome 2 to be any more character based then it is now. One of the things keeping me from getting CKII is that there is so much character micro-management. I want to get the feeling of charting the destiny of an Empire/Nation and not a bunch of individuals. Any more character management than what EU: Rome already has would get to be too much imo.
    "The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

"To know nothing of the time before you were born is to remain forever a child", Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    I'm on board. Bring it on!

lucaluca, why would you want all of Africa included? I would think northern Africa would be plenty. All of Asia would also be a stretch I think.
    well, yes north africa at least. And all of asia to simulate the indian and chinese empires, as well as the steppe empires like yuezhi, wusun and xiong-nu (mongols)
    Byzantine.Hellenistic.Ottoman.Sogdian

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

I would like Rome 2, but I'd like more character depth. Basically, the system of CK2. I've played Rome for a long time, but I never felt quite connected to any characters in the game, they were just names to me. If we could play as a Roman dynasty, such as the Julii, Scipii, and so forth and play during the Imperial period, plotting and scheming to position ourselves as the Imperator, that would be fun for me.

If people think that it would be a bit dull, then the game could start in 476 after the fall of Romulus Augustus. The only remaining legitimate Western Ruler was Julius Nepos in his rump state in Dalmatia. Meanwhile the Eastern empire was plagued by bloody politics and barbarians. At the same time the world is a bit more full due to the barbarians setting up kingdoms, the shrinking western borders, religious divisions, among other things.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I would love a Rome 2 or even another expansion. Victoria II gives me hope that it has a chance of happening (It's the last game I thought Paradox would remake).

There is just a ridiculous amount of potential for a fun game in the Roman era.
    The owl of Minerva takes its flight only when the shades of night are gathering.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club

Rome is still in current-games forum so expansion is possible. But if it cost as much as new expansion for V2 I won`t buy it.
    emotions and anger are characterized by honesty!

I do!
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum."

200k clubA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILead and GoldMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Zaferbey View Post
    Rome is still in current-games forum so expansion is possible. But if it cost as much as new expansion for V2 I won`t buy it.
    Thats the standard price for expansions.

If an expansion were to be released I'd buy it, but I personally would rather have a full game based on the advances that have been made with Sengoku and Crusader Kings 2.

A Game of DwarvesHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Galactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Seeing what they can do with characters in CK2 I even more want a sequel to imho the best Paradox game EU: Rome!

200k clubHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Either a full sequel or an expansion would be fine for me. Just so long as Rome gets something!
    "It is because people's minds are not logical and enlightened that the Empire is in disorder. If the country is not properly ruled there will be no end to rebellions. And if anyone wishes to get the knowledge of how to rule it properly he will only find it in books. That is why the publication of books is the beginning of beneficient rule."

- Tokugawa Ieyasu

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIIron Cross
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisPride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

If there is not a cold war game, rome 2 should be a priority, rome in my opinion is a underestimated game.

If there is a cold war game, a rome expansion must be in works.

In my opinion...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 57 1 2 3 11 26 51 ... LastLast