+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Invite to Court

Invite to Court

There is a courtier from Greece (im Poland) that has an amazing 27 intrigue skill. I want to invite him to court but I cant seem to get him even with a super high opinion of me. How do I accomplish this?

There are FOUR LIGHTS! AllThat4Nothing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Naval War: Arctic CircleMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by recnelis View Post
    There is a courtier from Greece (im Poland) that has an amazing 27 intrigue skill. I want to invite him to court but I cant seem to get him even with a super high opinion of me. How do I accomplish this?
    Simple.

You don't.

EDIT: Ok that was TOO simple...

There's many factors that go into it. Is he in line for a title? Does he have claims that his liege can press? How much does he like you personally? What's your prestige? Other things too.

Best way to find people who will accept an invite is to click a county, duchy or even kingdom shield, click on "claimants" (if no one is a claimant then you won't be able to click it) and you'll see a list. those who will say "yes" will have a green thumbs up. But just so you know, few ever do, and the ones who do typically don't have amazing stats.
    I once lost a pair of shoes.

So how do I go about getting a spymaster with stats like those? Highest i've ever seen in my realm have been 21.

There are FOUR LIGHTS! AllThat4Nothing's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Naval War: Arctic CircleMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by recnelis View Post
    So how do I go about getting a spymaster with stats like those? Highest i've ever seen in my realm have been 21.
    Marriages and good grooming. Blind luck. I often open my council menu and click the "appoint" button just to see if someone better for a certain position has slipped under the radar
    I once lost a pair of shoes.

Seems to me I should be able to promise a man something. It is only reasonable to be reluctant to go halfway across Europe for no particular reason. It would make a lot of sense for me to be able to promise things, like an appointment to the counsel, a landed title or pressing a claim for him with some appropriately severe penalty for not making good on the promise.

If you have a title to give him and he's got none of his own, that'll do the trick. When you give away a newly conquered county, don't give the lesser titles along with it. Grant your desired courtier the title to one of the other holdings that you kept for yourself, and he'll be your vassal instead of the count's. From which point you can make him your councilor.

Or take the best claimant you can find. or live with slightly less godlike advisors. 13+ is good enough according to the event files.
    What other franchise could make a player nostalgic for consanguinity inheiritance law?

+ Reply to Thread