+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is represented by Regency council in the Administrative Republic?

What is represented by Regency council in the Administrative Republic?

To me it seems counter-intuitive that there can be a Regency council in the Administrative Republic. Assuming that 'Regency council' is just an unfortunate term, what its equivalent in game play terms represents? Was there something like that historically? I would think if Republic has no ruler, someone would just get elected.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hmm did you get regency council yourself (ruler died) or do you have one at game start? Cuz there should be no regencies in republics, unless you mistook an Administrative Monarchy for Administrative Republic.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Interim Council maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Hmm did you get regency council yourself (ruler died) or do you have one at game start? Cuz there should be no regencies in republics, unless you mistook an Administrative Monarchy for Administrative Republic.
    You can get regency council right from the start (for example with Aachen - which is rather unusual "nation" in any case). At the next election date you can elect a real ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by KylesWorld View Post
    Interim Council maybe?
    I don't see anything along those lines in Aachen history for that period of time

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by alexti View Post
    I don't see anything along those lines in Aachen history for that period of time
    An interim government is frequently organized following a revolution or sudden death, when there has not been time to nominate, designate, or elect a government formally. Such a government may also be called a "provisional government"

May not be the term used in Aachen History but Interim is generally the term used.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the Throne500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by alexti View Post
    You can get regency council right from the start (for example with Aachen - which is rather unusual "nation" in any case). At the next election date you can elect a real ruler.
    So you are in fact talking about "regency council" from the start date right?

Well thats not exactly a regency, like the one you have in monarchy. Its just a place holder until you have elections.

Whoever added those countries probably didnt do research or couldnt find information on rulers (since its not always simple to find who the "ruler" was).

Quote Originally Posted by DanubianCossak View Post
    Well thats not exactly a regency, like the one you have in monarchy. Its just a place holder until you have elections.
    Shouldn't election happen rather soon in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by KylesWorld View Post
    An interim government is frequently organized following a revolution or sudden death, when there has not been time to nominate, designate, or elect a government formally. Such a government may also be called a "provisional government"
    It doesn't sound like the situation that should last for 4 years though...

Ship Simulator Extremes

Switzerland also begins with a regency despite being a republic. I find it hard to believe It's anything other than an oversight. A pain is what it is.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by DDRJake View Post
    Switzerland also begins with a regency despite being a republic. I find it hard to believe It's anything other than an oversight. A pain is what it is.
    It's an added twist and difficulty that you cannot declare wars
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

+ Reply to Thread