Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Budget Deck building for new players

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

OK, I remade the deck of post 2 to a complete (60 cards) and more common version, with some suggestions:

That's the deck's base check list, with exactly 60 cards, being 1 HD rare, 10 1st edition uncommons and 49 commons (5 from HD):

Doctrines
    1x No Quarters (HD rare)
    2x Combined Arms (common)

Factories:
    10x Weapon Factories
    5x Tank Factories
    2x Ammunition Factories

Infantry:
    5x Cavalry (uncommon)
    5x Infantry (common)
    5x Maxim HMG (uncommon)

Support:
    5x 37mm AA (common)
    5x 122mm Artillery (common)

Tank:
    5x SU 76 (HD common)
    5x T-34 (common)
    5x T-70 (common)

Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron: The Card Game500k club

An ME Axis deck

3x ME (UC HD)
    2x CA (C 1st)
    10x Tank Factories
    5x Weapon Factories
    5x MG 34 (C 1st)
    5x Panzergrenadier (UC 1st)
    5x SS-Infanterie (C HD)
    5x 88mm FlaK (UC 1st)
    5x Volksgrenadier (UC 1st)
    5x PZ IVG (C 1st)
    5x SS-PZ IVG (C HD)
    5x StuG IIIB (C 1st)
    We are strong, we are patient, we'll win

Quote Originally Posted by GoshoGogov View Post
    Yes,I think is better to get rid of all Stuarts and put 3 more Arm Inf and maybe 2 Churchills or M10s.Just say when you can be in lobby and I'll give you all the cards that you need.
    Thanks for the tip! I used to have Churchills but I found them too expensive to justify their existence so I ditched them for Shermans. M10s are a great idea! Added them in already. I liked the stuarts for rapid deployment and taking easy-to-repair damage, but I could actually use M10s for defense as well. I definitely agree that more armored infantry would make the deck much better. I'm headed to the lobby now and probably tomorrow afternoon also (US east coast time, so evening for you). I don't have much to offer but I maybe could trade you tickets for some Armored Infantry?
    Holy Roman Empire Squared (Completed AAR)
    Watch the Byzantine Holy Roman Pope restore the Roman Empire!

should never throw out the Churchill, a tank deck needs some heavy armor to suck up hits on the offensive to make it last for a long time. Unless your doing a DO or NQ or a KnK deck, you must have some sort of heavies.
    Gears of WaAAR! : A German Industrial Deck AAR (A glimpse into a card game that once was the best ever card game iv played to date)

Quote Originally Posted by nymet260 View Post
    should never throw out the Churchill, a tank deck needs some heavy armor to suck up hits on the offensive to make it last for a long time. Unless your doing a DO or NQ or a KnK deck, you must have some sort of heavies.
    it might be a symptom of having too many tanks in my deck, then. I found it easier just to kill off the tanks and build new ones. The churchills cost 4 and I could never get the resources to repair them when they absorbed a kill anyway.
    Holy Roman Empire Squared (Completed AAR)
    Watch the Byzantine Holy Roman Pope restore the Roman Empire!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by quicksabre View Post
    it might be a symptom of having too many tanks in my deck, then. I found it easier just to kill off the tanks and build new ones. The churchills cost 4 and I could never get the resources to repair them when they absorbed a kill anyway.
    They are just better low rarity card than most Allied tanks.Later you can drop them for some Sherman Firefly and Daimler AC.But in general I agree with you about the Churchils.
    Last edited by GoshoGogov; 29-02-2012 at 19:41.

Just my opinion as I disagree. Its hard to continue an offensive when your constantly losing your kill battle phase unit to nasty Kill close range or kill battle phase that isnt NA.
    Gears of WaAAR! : A German Industrial Deck AAR (A glimpse into a card game that once was the best ever card game iv played to date)

And with HA you always have the option of taking two kills with the same unit...

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

Or to loose your Inf to 4 damage tokens

Recruit

Is it possible to play without paying and building allied air deck? Ive seen one suggested, but I dont have a least half of that stuf.

everything is possible without paying. It only takes some time if u dont pay anything.
    Weekly Booster is a good way to slowly get going as new player, some trading is crucial aswell. (trade forum has some guidance for that for newcomers)

after u got going, u might wanna see and build a rather cheap infantry deck and try ur luck in head to head games to win more boosters, but for that u should know what ur doing first

First Lieutenant

Lots of people will give you free common cards . Find them in the trade lobby .

Of course, you can play without paying , you just need to invest alot of time in this game .

Darkest Hour

Hi templar!Ive never payed to play this game, and with a little patiente and listening to ore veteran players advices ive achieved some competitive decks. maybe i wont be as powerful as a tourney winner, but i can give some fight and enjoy this game. Just dont despair!

New Players:

Notice how none of the decks listed in this thread are Blitzkrieg decks. In my opinion, blitz is the hardest doctrine to use well. It can be powerful, but you really need to know what you're doing.

I strongly advise new players to stay away from blitz until they have built up their collections and are experienced deck designers. Start with Maski, Inf Probe, Meeting Engagement, something like that.

Also, notice how these are all 60 cards or thereabouts. While there might be some occasions when you would want a deck with 70 or more cards, they are rare. A basic principle of good deck-building is that your deck should be as small as possible, to ensure that you draw the combinations of cards that you want.

To be effective, most 60-card decks should have at least 15-20 factories and around 20 infantry. There are some exceptions. For example, a Maskirovka deck can often get by with 12 to 15 factories.

I guess I'm just trying to point out some general principles since I see a lot of people with like 80-card blitz decks which will just never be competitive.

not that hard to play a cheap blitz build. Its an all or nothing deal though but straight forward.
    Attack first round blitz and put pressure onto ur opponent. if u end up defending u probably lost to 99%.

5x M14/41
    5x Panzer III

5x Stuka
    5x HE-111 (maybe a few less)

5x MG-34
    5x PG
    5x Infantry
    + some 81mm/Krads.

with 7 Air 7 Tank and 6 Weapon Factorys.

All ur aiming for is a first round blitz and pushing ur opponent into the defense straight away.
    If ur opponent can block u to long or ur deck fails on u, its a loss though. But thats a general problem with most blitz decks, as blitz doesnt allow u to have many supports/strong defense options if u wanna get going quickly.

the deck can also be slowly upgraded when u get ur hands on more tigers, SS-PG and Wespe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2