+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: European-theater country, non-tier 1 power, with best mission?

European-theater country, non-tier 1 power, with best mission?

The title says it all.

I'm trying to figure out what to play in my next MP game....because it's MP, I really don't want to be any further behind tech-wise than Muslim or, at worst, Eastern European; likewise, I want to be in/around Europe....

And to make things interesting, I'm opting not to play top-tier powers like Spain, France, Austria, the Ottomans, and Burgundy....

I'd really like to play a t2 country with a deep pool of good // interesting missions.... and so...advice welcome!

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by _Isladar_ View Post
    The title says it all.

I'm trying to figure out what to play in my next MP game....because it's MP, I really don't want to be any further behind tech-wise than Muslim or, at worst, Eastern European; likewise, I want to be in/around Europe....

And to make things interesting, I'm opting not to play top-tier powers like Spain, France, Austria, the Ottomans, and Burgundy....

I'd really like to play a t2 country with a deep pool of good // interesting missions.... and so...advice welcome!
    Brandenburg has theoretically a lot of nice missions to expand their lands. (check Prussian_missions.txt)

Other than that, the other quite popular nations; Holland (just horribly 'luck' based, unless you want to dow for non-core provinces), Bavaria, Hansa, Sweden (I think you'll get missions for cores to get area of 'Swedish Empire') and of course Muscovy (If you can handle GH, you'll be paved way to create Russia)

Those are few coming to mind, you should check the missions folder and check countries which have a lot of flavor missions, they're generally nicest to play.

Bavaria is a pretty good country as they have plenty of conquer and subjugation missions. Horrible sliders though, and forming Germany is usually a big nono in multiplayer games.

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveThe Showdown Effect
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IV

Teutonic order is rather nice and fun to play.

Why is forming germany a big nono?
    I've never played MP, so I have no idea
    "Go then, there are other worlds than these."

Thanks Gummi, Nessaj. Definitely interested to hear more!

Quote Originally Posted by Oogh View Post
    Teutonic order is rather nice and fun to play.

Why is forming germany a big nono?
    I've never played MP, so I have no idea
    Oogh -- likely because people will try to kill you, for fear you're going to devour the world.

Bavaria has a lot of good missions. You get a bunch of Conquer x for the wittlesbach dynasty. A lot of subjugation also.

Hansa get some good economy missions, can set up to be a nice colonial empire, or switch to a kingdom and start conquering at tech 9.

Bohemia if you are not considering it a t1, is really really strong because you are western tech with slavic culture in HRE, so you get so many good PU targets (lithuania, hungary, poland, transylvania and the entire HRE).

Teutonic Order gives you a lot of conquest missions, so you can expand well.

Sweden gives a lot of conquest missions, but you also start with some colonies and you are way way way to poor to support them realistically at the beginning.

Aragon gives some good missions, get the Claims in Italy, and you get conquest on Sardinia and Siciliy, along with a core in Greece iirc.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Venice, Milan, Holland, Portugal, Denmark, Hansa

one of those
    Last edited by Falahk; 23-02-2012 at 10:02.

Norway is a little hard to play as, but rather fun. they does not have nice missions as Bavaria though. one of my favorite nations to play and I dont think Norway is a popular nation to play as but I can asure you its really fun and at the begining at the game you have to rely on another nation strength to beat sweden (they declare war on you when they are free from denmark most likely) you could also take the chance to beat them alone when they have lost theyr maim army or have high revolt, its a challange but not so hard as rouyku though, if you did understand this.... I didnt :P

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Quote Originally Posted by glennandre22 View Post
    Norway is a little hard to play as, but rather fun. they does not have nice missions as Bavaria though. one of my favorite nations to play and I dont think Norway is a popular nation to play as but I can asure you its really fun and at the begining at the game you have to rely on another nation strength to beat sweden (they declare war on you when they are free from denmark most likely) you could also take the chance to beat them alone when they have lost theyr maim army or have high revolt, its a challange but not so hard as rouyku though, if you did understand this.... I didnt :P
    norway is to weak and dont have enough potential in mp, while bravaria is landlocked, have crappy sliders and is in the line of fire of Austria, Switzerland is pretty much the only land locked HRE minor that have enough potential, and even than its a bit tricky since you need to be good at diplo in order to do well with it

Ok, but I have a question to you as well... What is MP? I just recently figured out that WC is world counqer, and yes I know im slow

Quote Originally Posted by glennandre22 View Post
    Ok, but I have a question to you as well... What is MP? I just recently figured out that WC is world counqer, and yes I know im slow
    multi player, as in playing online with a bunch of other human controlled nations

Quote Originally Posted by Falahk View Post
    multi player, as in playing online with a bunch of other human controlled nations
    Ok, thanks, Yea I know what multi player is, I had never guessed that MP would be Multi player, thanks :P

Bavaria has great missions but is unplayable because of Austria. If you want an actually playable second-tier country with decent missions, play Sweden.

Second Lieutenant gunfirinmaniac's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Bavaria is playable, only if austria isnt human controlled

What about Naples?

Decent army and navy size, and you've got cores on Sicily and Greece.

Not too sure about the mission parts though.

Quote Originally Posted by gunfirinmaniac View Post
    Bavaria is playable, only if austria isnt human controlled
    Which it is in every MP game ever.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Aragon is rather nice alternative for Castille, because it gets nice missions and it offers interesting play to keep Castillians at bay. Both Denmark and Sweden get plenty of nice missions and have better chance of success than Norway. Hungary gets only few good mission, but it has excellent strategic position, which allows expansion into Eastern Europe, Balkans and HRE.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

Commander, US Pacific Fleet Sheridan's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneRome Gold
    500k club

I'd say Denmark, Bavaria, possibly Holland, Brandenburg or Sweden. The idea would be either unifying Scandinavia or (at least part of) Germany. If you have the option, I'd make the final choice to give you some space from the other human players, unless they're people you've played with before and can work with (such as a friendly Austria if you go for Bavaria). Keeping the Danish-Swedish PU going is possible as Denmark... if you DoW someone right off the bat, doesn't matter who, Sweden will wait to start throwing insults. (They don't like you having a smaller army than them).
    Sunshine patriot - Southern California sunshine, that is...

plays EU2, EU3-DW (usually with D&T), and occasionally dusts off HOI, HOI2, CK, Rome, or Victoria

Sheridan's EU2 France 1419 Strategy Guide (outdated but still useful in concept)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Denmark is a lot of fun to play, but by no means has good missions. You get a core on Osel, a 1 (maybe 2) base tax grain province. You get a few extra prestige for taking Gotland. You get 50 ducats and 5 merchants for acquiring a CoT. You get a free +1 stab every once in a while for bribing Oldenburg. It's better than nothing, I guess...but Sweden's missions are about a gajillion times better.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHeir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2

venice but you would probably have to practice a little in SP to be ready for MP, it can be challenging

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast