+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Land-holding heirs getting maimed...

Land-holding heirs getting maimed...

It seems, that whenever I give some piece of land to my heir, he gets himself maimed (I guess, hunting) very fast. Any ideas how to avoid this (besides not giving the heir any land)?

Failed assassination attempts often maim characters. Someone with some spending cash might want him dead.

Here's what I've noticed, and I don't know if it's coincidence or game code:
    If I do not give an heir land, and just keep them at my court or in a council job, they gain neither good nor positive traits, i.e. they keep the traits they had when they were sixteen.

On the other hand, as soon as they go out on their own, within a year they'll have a litany of negative traits. Not just maiming but gluttony and slothful are really popular.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Slothful can come from hunting. Craven too. I'm not sure about Gluttony though.
    "I shiver all over when I see your lovely tan, and I can tell by your clear blue eyes you're a sailor man." - Turbonegro

Quote Originally Posted by Khaelyn View Post
    Slothful can come from hunting. Craven too. I'm not sure about Gluttony though.
    no hunting then. daddy will hunt and feed the kiddo

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

It does help that there's a distinctly "right" choice involved with the hunting. The AI doesn't always go for that one though.
    "I shiver all over when I see your lovely tan, and I can tell by your clear blue eyes you're a sailor man." - Turbonegro

im quite sure its your son going on a hunt, just be glad he didnt end up dead! in my game, my son and duke of asturias got maimed but still managed to give me a brilliant grandson before dying

+ Reply to Thread