+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Victoria II: A House Divided After Action Report Contest!

61 games registered

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Victoria II: A House Divided After Action Report Contest!

Click image for larger version

Name:	victoriaii_ahousedivided_cover.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	48237

To celebrate that the demo for Victoria II: A House Divided is releasing later today we are running an After Action Report (AAR) Contest for Victoria II: A House Divided! Write an AAR and and submit it before February 29th to have a chance to win one out of two Paradox Complete Bundles on Steam. The devs will elect the winners and announce them on March 1st. The winning entries will be published on the news section of the forums and spread on Facebook and Twitter.

There are no specific format rules or requirements besides from that we'd like you to post your AAR as a new post in the AAR forum here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...al-Discussions and link to it in this thread.

Let your creativity loose and good luck folks!

Cheers,
    Paradox

Recruit
    Cities in MotionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Goteburg, Vastra Gotaland, Sweden, 106437052722195, Goteburg, Västra Götalands Län, Sweden
    Wrong!!! I come to Ubunto server!!!!!!.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by dannie View Post

To celebrate that the demo for Victoria II: A House Divided is releasing later today we are running an After Action Report (AAR) Contest for Victoria II: A House Divided! Write an AAR and and submit it before February 29th to have a chance to win one out of two Paradox Complete Bundles on Steam. The devs will elect the winners and announce them on February 30th. The winning entries will be published on the news section of the forums and spread on Facebook and Twitter.
    Odd
    Why do you sound surprised? I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America - Liz Lemon

61 games registered

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Edited! Obviously, a little tired today ;-)

I'm confused. This post was made today? But AHD has been out for a while now, let alone the demo.

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

The demo isn't out yet. Demos aren't always pre-release.
    Relentless madman.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Majesty 2Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Quote Originally Posted by ashandresash View Post
    Odd
    How's that odd? Never noticed that Paradox games tend to have a February 30th? It's a symbol of Swedish work ethic. Even when a month formally ends, they keep on going.

Myself
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by seattle View Post
    How's that odd? Never noticed that Paradox games tend to have a February 30th? It's a symbol of Swedish work ethic. Even when a month formally ends, they keep on going.
    Interestingly there was an actual February 30th in Sweden. In 1712.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_February

"The Swedish Empire (which included Finland at the time) planned to change from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar beginning in 1700 by omitting leap days for the next 40 years. Although the leap day was omitted in February 1700, the Great Northern War began later that year, diverting the attention of the Swedes from their calendar so they did not omit leap days on the next two occasions, causing 1704 and 1708 to remain leap years.

To avoid confusion and further mistakes, the Julian calendar was restored when, in 1712, one extra leap day was added, thus giving that year a 30th of February. That date corresponded to February 29 in the Julian calendar and to March 11 in the Gregorian calendar. The Swedish changeover to the Gregorian calendar was finally accomplished in 1753 by omitting the last 11 days of February."

It would make an interesting easter egg to include it in EU4.
    Last edited by Me_; 22-02-2012 at 21:32. Reason: It's a pity there's no reward for trivia
    Sit now there, and look out upon the lands where evil and despair shall come to those whom thou allied. Thou hast dared to mock me, and to question the power of France, master of the fates of Europe. Therefore with my explorers thou shalt see, and with my spies thou shalt hear; and never shall thou be released from vassalage until all is fulfilled unto its bitter end.

hello first time here but could someone tell me how you make a AAR.

Quote Originally Posted by spiller68 View Post
    hello first time here but could someone tell me how you make a AAR.
    Check the AAR subforum. That should give you an idea.

I get a 404 error when I go to that thread.

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Quote Originally Posted by spiller68 View Post
    thanks
    Hi check out the FAQ link in my signature - covers the basics and should get you started
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae Victis

Here's the link to my AAR:

Yes, Khedive - An Egypt AAR for Victoria AHD 1.2b

I hope more people start posting some because I'm really enjoying the Victoria AARs that have been posted.
    It isn't trolling unless you use the contradiction stick.

Just to make the field a little more competitive, here's my newest AAR: A House on Fire: A Failure's AHD AAR
    Follow Halen, a Stateless General in Ambition - Won Character Writer of the Week, 10/10/11, WritAAR of the Week, 10/16/11, First to win both on the same week, Runner Up for the 2011 VictAARian Cross

Become El Presidente, by vote or by coup, in Shadow of the Andes - Nominee for the 2012 VictAARian Cross

Build Belgium from the ground up in Edge of Europe

Sir ThunderHawk3, Knight of the Order of the Large and Intimidating Robert

Last day for this, folks!

61 games registered

Congrats to Veritas555 and ThunderHawk3 who won this contest and a Paradox Complete Bundle on Steam.

Here are the winning entries:
    Veritas555 - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...8#post13484868
    ThunderHawk3 - http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...lure-s-AHD-AAR

/Paradox

Well done!

+ Reply to Thread