+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Twitter Account "live" tweeting news stories from 100 years ago

Twitter Account "live" tweeting news stories from 100 years ago

Link: https://twitter.com/#!/CenturyAgoToday

So, as a personal project of mine, I've started a twitter account that "live" tweets news stories from exactly 100 years ago to the day. So there's a lot of stuff about the 1912 Presidential Election (the epic three way fight between Taft, Roosevelt, and Wilson), build up to WWI, Italo-Turk War, the Mexican Revolution and so on.

It's partly inspired by the WWII live blog Twitter account and it'll undoubtedly turn into a WWI live blog in 2 years time.

Anyway, I would appreciate any criticisms, suggestions, and, of course, following my account wouldn't hurt as well .

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

This is very, very cool. Kudos to you! I don't know if it was your plan, but you should change the profile photo to be whatever president is "currently" in office (is this even possible? I dont use twitter that much). Make sure to not focus toooooo much on the United States.
    "Monarchy can easily be ‘debunked;' but watch the faces, mark the accents of the debunkers. These are the men whose tap-root in Eden has been cut: whom no rumour of the polyphony, the dance, can reach - men to whom pebbles laid in a row are more beautiful than an arch. Yet even if they desire equality, they cannot reach it. Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." C.S. Lewis

The Russians in Imperium Offtopicum: The Peshawar Lancers

Hey, thanks for the compliment! Yeah, I plan on focusing more on international stuff, but it's somewhat difficult as the primary source I use are contemporary US newspapers. If I can find a site with archives from British or Australian newspapers, then I would definitely use that. If I manage to continue this onto WWI, then it would definitely shift most of the focus to Europe anyway.

About the picture, I plan on alternating between different contemporary leaders from around the world every month or so. Sticking to the US President would mean I have to stick with it for 4-8 years and that would get old. The current picture is the "current" US President Taft, btw.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Good point about the presidents. And don't worry, I knew that was Taft, Im currently in AP US History. Thats partially why Im interested

Also, you better use this at least once:
    "Monarchy can easily be ‘debunked;' but watch the faces, mark the accents of the debunkers. These are the men whose tap-root in Eden has been cut: whom no rumour of the polyphony, the dance, can reach - men to whom pebbles laid in a row are more beautiful than an arch. Yet even if they desire equality, they cannot reach it. Where men are forbidden to honour a king they honour millionaires, athletes or film-stars instead: even famous prostitutes or gangsters. For spiritual nature, like bodily nature, will be served; deny it food and it will gobble poison." C.S. Lewis

The Russians in Imperium Offtopicum: The Peshawar Lancers

Oh yeah, definitely, who can forget that badass Colonel? I'll use it soon, especially with the 1912 elections coming up.

Second Lieutenant
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagicka500k club

Nice idea, well done.
    hit the follow button.

+ Reply to Thread