• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

luciusETRUR

Second Lieutenant
105 Badges
Jan 1, 2010
mallardking.blogspot.com
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • King Arthur II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
2012-02-21_00002.jpg

Historically, the Mongol Hordes sought a "better" religion then the Tengrist beliefs they held when they arrived in Europe and the Middle East. They eventually chose to convert to Islam, mostly because that was the religion of the greatest number of their subjects, but there was a significant faction of the Horde that converted to Nestorian Christianity.

Is it really possible to influence the conversion of the Horde when you are not part of it? I'd guess you could conquer their lands, convert them and then give them back but that seems like too much work.

... mostly because that was the religion of the greatest number of their subjects ...

Maybe that's the reason. Maybe they convert to the religion of which they have the most subjects.

I guess that makes sense, he owns all of Russia, Finland and more.

Huh, it's wierd really.. the horde haven't had much success in any of my games.

Most certainly not in my Anjou one.. where the turks crushed them and took most of russia.

If I'm reading the event code correctly, each of the conversion events has a MTTH of 480 months (40 years). If their capital is in a province of a particular religion (in this case most likely Orthodox) then the MTTH decreases by a factor of "0.75". Which means in this case that the possibility for the event to convert them to Orthodoxy is sooner than any other of the conversion events. It just so happened that it fired for the Horde.

Huh, it's wierd really.. the horde haven't had much success in any of my games.

Most certainly not in my Anjou one.. where the turks crushed them and took most of russia.

Consider yourself lucky. I currently have a Golden horde stretching from Russia to France, and France is losing ground fast (The Golden Horde is besieging Paris), and the Timurids in the south just finished eating the Byzantines and Arabia. Lucky for me I had a patch of land in Scotland to escape too, but there are literally hundreds of Golden Horde fleets sailing around the British Isles daily.

On topic though, I have seen the Horde convert a few times in other games, including once to Catholic. I'm not sure what triggers it, but Hawkeye1489's post makes sense.