• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I absolutely concur. When my king turned up to be gay, i was actually excited to see some interesting events. But alas, somehow he became hetero again (not sure how, mayve a bug). Instead of seeking men's love, he just fell in love with his daughter-in-law and made her a bastard boy. But, you know, at least he was not gay anymore. :happy:

Also, one of the Popes in my game was gay. But I can't say, was he gay before, or just became gay after the election.

I'd like to see some events where your character could try to repent his gay lifestyle for brownie points with the clergy, or maybe some events that would allow a liege to execute an openly gay rival on a Biblical basis. Yes, the whole "gays were burned -> faggots and sticks" thing is, as mentioned above, an urban legend. No, I can't give you any well-researched, well-documented facts on how prevalent (if at all) capital punishments for sodomizers were (although I have read that death by strangulation was a not-unheard-of, although rarely enforced, punishment in navies by the 16th century).

All the same, I've got a gay cousin who wants my throne, and I need an excuse to off his sorry butt.

If we want to go for a historical route : Regarding nobles and aristocrats, they always had ways to get out of the penalties imposed by the church and the countries' laws. Case in point: Leonardo Da Vinci was inculped three times on count of sodomy and was able to get out of this dicey situation thanks to his father's finances, even though the penalty in Italy at the time was death. And this was before he was even remotely popular, back when he was close to 26 years old. Therefore I could easily see events where homosexuals have the same romance/love events as heterosexual, albeit with a very small chance of it being discovered. If it does, then the fallout could be either bribing to get out of the situation with a prestige hit, or take a smaller prestige hit but a bigger piety hit.

This is just mere suggestions.

Without dragging this into a huge debate; should women not be offended when sleazeball men make misogynistic comments about another woman? Should black people not be offended when some white guy calls another black guy a racial slur? Hell, I'm a white male and both those things offend me. What's different about homosexuals and people making homophobic comments?

Anyway, back on topic;

It'd be nice if there were. I have a homosexual heir coming up (with like 6 sons and no daughters, after three generations of one son + many daughters), and I was kind of hoping for some amusing, quirky events around it. So it's disappointing that a pretty prime subject for events doesn't have any. Considering the prevalence of homosexual-related content in the mainstream right now, I'd be surprised if they were simply afraid people would complain.

There's a difference between a misogynistic or racial slur and using the actual words that the game uses! There's nothing homophobic about describing someone as homosexual and there's nothing offensive about calling someone a bastard - in this context.

I was disappointed when my homosexual king had nothing except lowered fertility, lower opinions from most and higher opinions from a few. Also, does thing every happen when my spymaster finds a homosexual? None of the options seem to do a thing.

all being gay does is reduce your fertility...

Does it really?

I only ask because my character who is King of Burgundy in my current game has 7 kids with his first wife and another 2 kids with his second wife at the age of 70. This with him having the homosexual trait since he was 16. I can only imagine how many kids he would have had if he was straight. He didn't even have the Lust trait either.

:wacko:

Does it really?

I only ask because my character who is King of Burgundy in my current game has 7 kids with his first wife and another 2 kids with his second wife at the age of 70. This with him having the homosexual trait since he was 16. I can only imagine how many kids he would have had if he was straight. He didn't even have the Lust trait either.

:wacko:

My greatest King was a homosexual Grey Eminence (so that helped) and had about 10 children.

My greatest King was a homosexual Grey Eminence (so that helped) and had about 10 children.

I can relate. My current character Duke Werner II von Habsburg of Upper Burgundy possess the homosexual trait, yet has had seven sons and two daughters. Not that I'm complaining or anything of the sort, it just amuses me. He must be awesome in the sack. :laugh:

I can relate. My current character Duke Werner II von Habsburg of Upper Burgundy possess the homosexual trait, yet has had seven sons and two daughters. Not that I'm complaining or anything of the sort, it just amuses me. He must be awesome in the sack. :laugh:

Either that or the wife has been getting some action on the side and the husband just refuses to acknowledge that the kids aren't his so the dynasty can continue.

Either that or the wife has been getting some action on the side and the husband just refuses to acknowledge that the kids aren't his so the dynasty can continue.

O_O

I must send my fabulous Spymaster (who, funnily enough, also possess the "Homosexual" trait) to spy on the wench.

There are limits to what intolerance can be tolerated.

I'd also like people to come with some actual references instead of just saying what they think is true, because I tend to be of the same mind as Diet of Worms.

So by the same logic, I should have no tolerance for atheists or pagans because they're intolerant of Catholicism or Christianity in general?

The Church didn't just suddenly decide to be against homosexuality. Sodom & Gomorrah anyone? It was well-known that homosexuality was a grave sin and punishable by death during the game's times.

Don't misconstrue turning a blind eye for acceptance.

Whenever I get a gay ruler I tend to find another one in my court fron the upper nobility and give him suspiciously high favour when job vacancies open up or when I'm creating dukes, all part of the roleplaying, and happened a few times in history too (much to the chagrin of the other nobles). Really backfired on me one time though as completely by chance got lots of "bad relations" events with me and ended up rebelling! Ah, well, it's better to have loved and to have lost, I guess :p. I'm not sure more actual events are neccessary though since the primary function of the mistress event chain is fathering bastards, which isn't really an issue in this case.

(wikipedia)
Classical Jewish texts are seen by many[weasel words][who?] as not stressing the homosexual aspect of the attitude of the inhabitants of Sodom as much as their cruelty and lack of hospitality to the "stranger."[21] The Jewish Encyclopedia[22] has information on the importance of hospitality to the Jewish people. The people of Sodom were seen as guilty of many other significant sins. Rabbinic writings affirm that the Sodomites also committed economic crimes, blasphemy and bloodshed.[23] One of the worst was to give money or even gold ingots to beggars, after inscribing their names on them, and then subsequently refusing to sell them food. The unfortunate stranger would end up starving and after his death, the people who gave him the money would reclaim it.

There was a lot more in Sodom and Gomorrah than gays having a gay time with each other.

There are limits to what intolerance can be tolerated.

But of course! Why judge someone for what they do when you can judge them for what they think?

Status
Not open for further replies.