+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Son recieving claim from mother?

Son recieving claim from mother?

I'm confused about the rules regarding how a child inherits a claim from his/her parents. I play as the Dynasty of Poitou (originally Duke of Aquitaine, now King of France) and I married my eldest son to a Duchess in the Kingdom of Leon in a regular marriage. This Duchess has a claim on the Kingdom of Leon which "can be inherited through succession". They got 3 kids (2 girls and 1 boy), all three still being infants. My current ruler died resulting in this son becoming the King of France. I then notice that none of his kids have a claim on the Kingdom of Leon, but his son has a claim on the Kingdom of France from his father.
    I am confused as to why the claim on KoLeon wasn't passed on from their mother. I checked, and she still has the claim. Does she have to die before they get it?
    I don't understand the mechanics because the above mentioned son's mother was member of the Capet house and passed on a claim on the County of Paris to the son.

I use A-C Primogen succession if that matters.

Also note that this is not about getting in line for inheritance for the Kingdom of Leon, I just want my next ruler to have a legitimate claim on the KoLeon so I can invade them and unite the two crowns under one ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by michn View Post
    Does she have to die before they get it?
    I believe so.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsSword of the StarsVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms eventEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

Yes, the person with the claim needs to die for the claim to pass on to his/her sucessors, that of course ONLY if the claim can be inherited by sucessors.
    "If a man does not strike first, he will be the first struck" - Athenogoras of Syracuse
    "Force is the most effective and efficient means to do something and the virtuous prince will employ its leverage." - Machiavelli
    "Men should either be treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injures - for heavy ones they cannot" - Machiavelli
    "It is best to be both feared and loved, however, if one cannot be both it is better to be feared than loved." - Machiavelli
    "A prince must be a lion, but he must also know how to play the fox." - Machiavelli
    "I'm the lord of lords, not the server of servants." - Joćo II of Portugal

Great, thx for the replies. Guess I'll just wait for her to produce a few more heirs just in case and then kill her off for a better alliance (she isn't duchess anymore).

+ Reply to Thread