• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kartuli

Private
3 Badges
Feb 18, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • King Arthur II
  • 500k Club
I started a Champion main character and 1 skill he has is Beast Master. I have put 2 points into it. I check my army which has Talonfolk in it which are beasts. They don't show any change? I check their defense and it says base 20, nothing else. Shouldn't it say 30 and 10 from Beast Mastery? Or is this a hidden bonus?

(playing on normal mode)

Upvote 0
I reported this bug upon launch and can verify that champion beast master skill still is not working as of 1.1.05: Either the modifiers are not applied at all (one bug) or they are applied but not visible when inspecting the beast's stats (another bug, but still a bug).

I have now uploaded a pre-1.1.05 save from an abandoned game featuring a Champion William with points invested in the skill and beasts in his army, though to be honest, I really can't see how a save file will help you hunt down the few lines of code that are relevant. I mean, "skill boosting unit of type X is not applied". How much simpler can it get? Particularly when you've just fixed a number of "skill boosting unit of type X not being applied" in 1.1.05 and, it would seem, just happened to miss the beasts. :p

As the programming team is really busy as always, I prefer to check if I can reproduce the issue before I forward the necessary info to them. And for that I need the save. :)

With an issue I was able to reproduce I can go to a certain programmer who fixes it right away. Without reproducing it, it lands on our general bug list - which also gets fixed, but it takes longer.

Ah, the question of passing the sorting test. That makes more sense.