+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beast Master skill not working?

Beast Master skill not working?

I started a Champion main character and 1 skill he has is Beast Master. I have put 2 points into it. I check my army which has Talonfolk in it which are beasts. They don't show any change? I check their defense and it says base 20, nothing else. Shouldn't it say 30 and 10 from Beast Mastery? Or is this a hidden bonus?

(playing on normal mode)

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasHearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Could you provide us a save where we can check it quickly? It would help a lot.

Please send the save to support@kingarthurthewargame.com and link this thread for reference.

Many thanks for your time and help.

Crusader Kings IIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 BetaHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I reported this bug upon launch and can verify that champion beast master skill still is not working as of 1.1.05: Either the modifiers are not applied at all (one bug) or they are applied but not visible when inspecting the beast's stats (another bug, but still a bug).

I have now uploaded a pre-1.1.05 save from an abandoned game featuring a Champion William with points invested in the skill and beasts in his army, though to be honest, I really can't see how a save file will help you hunt down the few lines of code that are relevant. I mean, "skill boosting unit of type X is not applied". How much simpler can it get? Particularly when you've just fixed a number of "skill boosting unit of type X not being applied" in 1.1.05 and, it would seem, just happened to miss the beasts.
    Finally got around to writing a list of my AARs in the inkwell.
    For those interested in Dominions 4 (SP or MP), we organize the Wrinkletoes games and answer general questions related to the game in this thread.
    Current ongoing Wrinkletoes 3 Dom4 game's list of players: linky.

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasHearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

As the programming team is really busy as always, I prefer to check if I can reproduce the issue before I forward the necessary info to them. And for that I need the save.

With an issue I was able to reproduce I can go to a certain programmer who fixes it right away. Without reproducing it, it lands on our general bug list - which also gets fixed, but it takes longer.

Crusader Kings IIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 BetaHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ah, the question of passing the sorting test. That makes more sense.
    Finally got around to writing a list of my AARs in the inkwell.
    For those interested in Dominions 4 (SP or MP), we organize the Wrinkletoes games and answer general questions related to the game in this thread.
    Current ongoing Wrinkletoes 3 Dom4 game's list of players: linky.

+ Reply to Thread