+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beast Master skill not working?

Beast Master skill not working?

I started a Champion main character and 1 skill he has is Beast Master. I have put 2 points into it. I check my army which has Talonfolk in it which are beasts. They don't show any change? I check their defense and it says base 20, nothing else. Shouldn't it say 30 and 10 from Beast Mastery? Or is this a hidden bonus?

(playing on normal mode)

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasHearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Could you provide us a save where we can check it quickly? It would help a lot.

Please send the save to support@kingarthurthewargame.com and link this thread for reference.

Many thanks for your time and help.

Crusader Kings IIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 BetaHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I reported this bug upon launch and can verify that champion beast master skill still is not working as of 1.1.05: Either the modifiers are not applied at all (one bug) or they are applied but not visible when inspecting the beast's stats (another bug, but still a bug).

I have now uploaded a pre-1.1.05 save from an abandoned game featuring a Champion William with points invested in the skill and beasts in his army, though to be honest, I really can't see how a save file will help you hunt down the few lines of code that are relevant. I mean, "skill boosting unit of type X is not applied". How much simpler can it get? Particularly when you've just fixed a number of "skill boosting unit of type X not being applied" in 1.1.05 and, it would seem, just happened to miss the beasts.
    Confused about how manpower is determined in EU4? Read my Manpower Guide

Finally got around to writing a list of my AARs in the inkwell.
    For those interested in Dominions 4 (SP or MP), we organize the Wrinkletoes games and answer general questions related to the game in this thread.
    Current ongoing Wrinkletoes 3 Dom4 game's list of players: linky.

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasHearts of Iron IIIKing Arthur IILead and GoldThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Semper FiSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

As the programming team is really busy as always, I prefer to check if I can reproduce the issue before I forward the necessary info to them. And for that I need the save.

With an issue I was able to reproduce I can go to a certain programmer who fixes it right away. Without reproducing it, it lands on our general bug list - which also gets fixed, but it takes longer.

Crusader Kings IIImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneV2 BetaHoi 2 Beta
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Ah, the question of passing the sorting test. That makes more sense.
    Confused about how manpower is determined in EU4? Read my Manpower Guide

Finally got around to writing a list of my AARs in the inkwell.
    For those interested in Dominions 4 (SP or MP), we organize the Wrinkletoes games and answer general questions related to the game in this thread.
    Current ongoing Wrinkletoes 3 Dom4 game's list of players: linky.

+ Reply to Thread