• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just do not agree with the last in brackets, the UK is not over represented by add ons. As an example, I dont use sprites, but the last time I looked there were none for UK.
My main reason for this however is that it would be create a very good game if there was a possibility of the UK and Germany being allied. Sorry to jump in on a US thread but just had to answer St. Exepury (sorry about the missing circumflex)

I believe you did not understand me in entirety.
I mentioned UK intentionaly since UK is high above the list of very interesting choices(above USA to be honest).So I made "precaution" someone came on with idea for UK to be next

But Japan is definitely first on my list,than comes UK and than Italy.

EDIT-GER and UK allied?
Obviously this couple could rule the planet Earth for millenia,however divine providence prevented good relation betwen those 2 ,actualy cousins... in 1914,and 1939....
(2x german defeat,but looking for perspective of yout idea of alliance and joint world dominance.. 2x brits"error")..

Last edited:
My apologies as your latest reply has demonstrated your actual meaning. In fact now I totally agree with you. Excellent choices. I also think we were right to ally with France against our "cousins". I would like to try this new Yankee game but require very simple instructions on how to load. At the mopment I am enjoying FTM and dont want to do anything that will "disturb" this. Im sure this is due to age, late arrival at the keyboard and laziness, but those instructions would be very helpful ie 1) do this, 2) do this etc.

i forgot to mention one bug... or it is working as intend..

Lend and Lease units dont come to the allies(UK...) i can put them on the map and they are mine... its just like i build them and use them... shouldnt them be units i give to the UK?

How do tyou get Stars and Stripes to work? I've installed it, but whenever I start up For The Motherland, there's no option to use S&S as a mod, and wen I click on the USA as the country want to play, there's no difference from a standard FTM game. What am I doing wrong? Is there some special way I'm supposed to install S&S, or a special way I have to start the game to get it to work?
Check your directory. The program will automatically install to a mod directory within a Hearts of Iron directory within THE Hearts of Iron directory. Pluck everything out of that mod directory (should be the DISS directory plus a small file) and drop it into the proper mod directory. Clear as mud? Fish around some; you'll see what I mean.
In future, double check where the installer is installing. Even if you tell it where to put the mod, it inserts the detour. Delete all of the extra parts, so the files go where they belong.
Or ... you could have an entirely different problem altogether.

I enjoy this mod. Just a quick question though. Is there a static modifier folder in the mod. I could not change it. Or where is the difficulty options edited at. I am wanting to tweak it a little like in my past games. I see that you sort of choose the difficulty. What file is that in?

Last edited:
i forgot to mention one bug... or it is working as intend..

Lend and Lease units dont come to the allies(UK...) i can put them on the map and they are mine... its just like i build them and use them... shouldnt them be units i give to the UK?
Yeah, I feel really confused too with these units, what are we supposed to do with them ?

If I may report on my experience with the DLC: Playing the US historically, Japan never managed to advance more than a province or two into Nat. China. No Pearl Harbor, but Japan did declare war in November 1941, albeit without ever attacking any US-held island. Berlin was taken by the Soviets in October 1943 and the war soon came to an end ... All that with granting the initial AI boost to Germany and Japan only.

I tried playing the US when the game came out, when SF and FtM were released and it has always been a frustrating experience, not to mention a few tries after promising patches in between - I had hoped that a DLC focused on the US would yield a better outcome but it does seem that even the talented and resourceful Devildread and Danevang (whom I sincerely thank for the fantastic mods that have made the game so enjoyable to play as Germany over the last couple of years) have not managed to overcome the fundamental flaws of HOI3 when it comes down to Japan and the US. Would that be a fair assessment, or I am being repeatedly unlucky? And if I may put it candidly: why a paying DLC (albeit cheap) for a county that remains utterly unplayable as it offers not challenge to play?

Last edited:
So far its pretty cool, the complaints I have are fairly trivial.

First, the USA still has multiple ranks of fighter and bomber target focus, and forward air control / battlefield interdiction. I find this extremely weird as they are techs that cancel each other out, though it is consistent with the tech levels in vanilla FTM. was just hoping they would be changed for the mod.

Second, the theater tab is spelled theatre in the game. While its a valid spelling in british english, as this mod focuses on the US, i'd suggest changing it to theater to match the US spelling.

Lastly, I still have too much money as the USA. The new events were nice, but the USA can get a ridiculous income and I still have no idea what I could spend my money on. I had all of the events fired before July of 36 (was making around 60-70$ per day), and by 1938 I have 30k$ piled up. I suppose I could have invested some of this in supplies from other countries, but that would have only amounted to ~10 IC on production, and shouldn't exhaust my massive income anyway. I recommend significantly increasing the cost of the events to remove great depression / domestic problems with the USA, possibly up to 5 times their current cost. If you're curious where the massive income came from, it was fuel and crude oil. That stuff is easily .5$ per unit, and almost every country wants some of at least one (even the UK and Soviet Union was buying from me). Though by mid 37 I was having to cancel some of my deals to avoid my stockpiles getting too low, though I probably could have continued and had even more $, but didn't see any point, and figured I should let the AI buy things they might actually need, like coal, metal, or rares.

Problems with the models for naval vessels

With the current models for naval vessels in Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes you get access to advanced ships too quickly. Based on researching 1942 cruiser tech the player gets the ability to build the USS Long Beach a ship that wasn’t laid down until December of 1957. So I propose the following modifications to the models of naval vessels;

Carrier
Technology Ship Current Change
Year level name to
No I Carrier I → Carrier I
18 II Lexington → Lexington
34 III Yorktown → Yorktown
36 IV Yorktown → Yorktown
38 V Essex → Essex
40 VI Midway → Carrier VI
42 VII United States → Midway
44 VIII Forrestal → United States

Battleship
Year level name to
No I Arkansas → Wyoming
18 II New York → New York
34 III Colorado → Colorado
36 IV North Carolina → North Carolina
38 V Iowa → Iowa
40 VI Battleship VI → Battleship VI

Light Carrier
Year level name to
No I Langley → Light Carrier I
18 II Independence → Langley
34 III Saipan → Light Carrier III
36 IV Light Carrier IV → Light Carrier IV
38 V Light Carrier V → Light Carrier V
40 VI Light Carrier VI → Independence
42 VII Light Carrier VII → Light Carrier VII
44 VIII Light Carrier VIII → Saipan

Heavy Cruiser
Year level name to
No I Heavy Cruiser I → Heavy Cruiser I
18 II Heavy Cruiser II/Kent → Pensacola
34 III New Orleans → New Orleans
36 IV Heavy Cruiser IV → Heavy Cruiser IV
38 V Baltimore → Heavy Cruiser V
40 VI Des Moines → Baltimore
42 VII Long Beach → Oregon City

Light Cruiser
Year level name to
No I Light Cruiser I/ Caledon → Light Cruiser I
18 II Light Cruiser II/ Leander → Omaha
34 III Brooklyn → Brooklyn
36 IV Cleveland → Atlanta
38 V Worchester → Light Cruiser V
40 VI Worchester → Cleveland
42 VII Galveston → Light Cruiser VII
44 VIII ??? → Worchester

Destroyer
Year level name to
No I Clemson → Clemson
18 II Farragut → Farragut
34 III Somers → Somers
36 IV Fletcher → Sims
38 V Gearing → Fletcher
40 VI Forest Sherman → Destroyer VI
42 VII Adams → Gearing

Submarine
Year level name to
No I S-Boat → S-Boat
18 II R-Boat → Barracuda
34 III Barracuda → Porpoise
37 IV Perch → Sargo
40 V Tang → Gato
43 VI Barbel → Trench

3 issues so far that bother me.

Lend lease units. nice green color (should be that used by the US units!). I would
have assumed they would appear in another country but no - I put one in the USA and
shipped another to the UK and they remain US units. Am i supposed to transport them
to other counties with US commanders and use them in US Corp sized units fighting with
my allies? Very odd that!! Would be far better to have a reception port in the UK or
USSR that you would click on and they would appear or you would have to ship them
yourself to the UK or USSR (which might give some interesting naval.naval.air battles!)

The Doolittle raid unit pops up as a choice but when chosen takes almost a year (well
into 1943). Since the real raid took place in 1942 its a bit late and no instructions on
how to use it when you get it.

USMC Division. I have researched and built several USMC divisions but the research star
for the AMTRAC is not lit. Is this a sepearate event?

First game Germany never gets into France. mid 1941 and still fighting on the border and
still at peace with USSR. Japan DOW on USA but no invasions, still fighting in China. No
Axis bonus chosen.

Second game Germany has not declared war on US and has landed troops on Iceland to sit
with my troops that are there (wierd!). Japan DOW in Nov but no invasions and still fighting
in China. Germany about historical in USSR. Axis bonus chosen

To those having a problem similiar to mine (HOI3 boxed, SF and FTM from the GG) where you are told FTM not found, Johannes at Paradox Support provided the following solution: fresh reinstall and then patch the game using the PARADOX 3.05 patch. I just did the 3.05patch part and the problem is solved. I guess the GG version that includes the 3.05 patch isn't good enough.

It seems there is a bug with the lend lease units, you shouldn't control them, they should pop in the other countries production and OOB. :/

I aim for a patch for the end of the next week, fixing several little things and this lend lease problem. :)

@Devildread

Do you have an adhoc idea to fix lend&lease?

I don't have the files right now but I guess there is something wrong in the OOB loaded with the event. I think there is a "country = USA" which need to be deleted.

Battleship
Year level name to
No I Arkansas → Wyoming
18 II New York → New York
34 III Colorado → Colorado
36 IV North Carolina → North Carolina
38 V Iowa → Iowa
40 VI Battleship VI → Battleship VI

Change this to
40 VI Battleship VI → Montana
:p

So i installed DISS and i believe it might have conflicted with my DI:GD. When i installed DISS the scenario files never showed up in DISS but showed up in DI:GD.. This may have effected both games. Is there a clean way to uninstall and reinstall DISS and DI:GD without having to uninstall HOI3?

Great work. Steam purchase worked fine, but have to run it from the folder (ie, don't start it through Steam - as with all HOI stuff).

Bug reports to this forum?

Something weird happened with sending fighters to England in 1940. There was a funny sequence:
1) England turned off Military Access (never new I had it??)
2) "Italy Embargoed Us" message
3) Get the message about how I can send volunteer fighters to England - checked and Military Access enabled again
3.5) Italy retracted the Embargo about here I think
4) Sent 4 multi role fighters, and point them on Air Super over SE England
5) Watched them fly around a bit - seemed to work
6) About a month later Italy Embargo starts again
7) England retract Military Access!
8) My muliti-role fighter fleet is sitting in the England Channel - so rebase to Iceland (where a notice a poor German garrison wasting away - same in Greenland)

I'm assuming that is not meant to happen like this. I've chosen the "safe" options as the USA - following historic choices.

Pete