• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can you somehow fix that Japan doesnt declare war on US before the Pearl Harbour event?

It's on my list.

Pls.. be gentle... ICE didnt receive love at all past half year... she could be angry with you... :)

What do i need to do that you make love lets say in summer to ICE? :)

One million dollars should be okay. Maybe two if you want to be sure.

I have still plans for I.C.E., don't worry and please be patient. :)

+
The handicapping system makes for an interesting mix of difficulties.
The return of assembly lines.
Having to make some real decisions about research: You can't max out on the doctrines before actually firing a shot.
Being able to actually build a navy.
Some of the star hardware.
Some key political decisions: You might need to take the dissent hit and turn down a neutrality law if you want total war in 1941.
Some attention to that tiny, sideline nation.

Delta:
Japan still does not seem inclined to invade the Philippines or islands. Perhaps spawned invasions, while a cheat, would make it so.
Ability to give the Allies the buffs, but not the US when it joins them.
A continual drop in neutrality with higher levels of lend-lease.
Start Germany out with enough subs to bring the Allies to their knees unless the US puts major effort into the Battle of the Atlantic.
Give engineers more relevance for amphibious invasions.

+
The handicapping system makes for an interesting mix of difficulties.
The return of assembly lines.
Having to make some real decisions about research: You can't max out on the doctrines before actually firing a shot.
Being able to actually build a navy.
Some of the star hardware.
Some key political decisions: You might need to take the dissent hit and turn down a neutrality law if you want total war in 1941.
Some attention to that tiny, sideline nation.

Delta:
Japan still does not seem inclined to invade the Philippines or islands. Perhaps spawned invasions, while a cheat, would make it so.
Ability to give the Allies the buffs, but not the US when it joins them.
A continual drop in neutrality with higher levels of lend-lease.
Start Germany out with enough subs to bring the Allies to their knees unless the US puts major effort into the Battle of the Atlantic.
Give engineers more relevance for amphibious invasions.

This, I rather see Japan take islands scripted then dont take any islands at all, I also want Germany to invade Norway. I agree that Germany should start with lots and lots of submarines, doesnt have to be fully historical with units. Makes it more a challenge, right now nothing happens in Atlantic for me atleast :D.
Well, I know how to add units so I suppose I can do it myself though hehe

Near the end of '41,here's what I encountered:
1.Got rid of all of my negative strat.effects in june 36'.
2.Japan was in a stalemate in China until the second half of 41' when they conquered Shanxi.
3.They declared war on me in November(no day of infamy).
4.I Boosted only Germany-they were rather slow with Poland and France,but Barbarossa has gone good for them-Conquered Leningrad and they are fighting at the gates of Moscow atm(russians conquered Finland tho,so the war is far from over)
5.First Vienna award effect popped for me in October 41',no idea why-the event was fired in 39.
6.Saw no german subs in the Pan-American zone,only downed a couple of transports.
My suggestions:
1.Make the negative strat.effects more costly,they can be removed quickly,cuz America can have +50 money income via trade even with all of the minus modifiers
2.Japan needs some kind of a boost(be it a scripted invasion of Shanghai or whatever) and also it would be nice if they attack US at the right date.
3.The steroid system needs more flexibility and options(boost only JAP and GER/GER and ITA/ITA and JAP for axis;boost only UK for allies;an actual option to remove the effects after a certain point-be it the outbreak of WW2,Barbarossa etc.)
4.Some sort of decision to turn the NG to INF would be also nice.
Otherwise I think the DLC is really interesting,but then again I wasn't expecting anything less from Devildread and co. :)

This, I rather see Japan take islands scripted then dont take any islands at all, I also want Germany to invade Norway. I agree that Germany should start with lots and lots of submarines, doesnt have to be fully historical with units. Makes it more a challenge, right now nothing happens in Atlantic for me atleast :D.
Well, I know how to add units so I suppose I can do it myself though hehe

Germany did invade Norway in my game and tried to invade Britain.

The fact that it tried already made me wet

Seeing a lot of instances, especially in the earlier techs, where some brigades/unit types don't have the rendered 3D soldier model and instead just have the 2D placeholder background from Francesco's Unit mod. The only problem is that the 2D unit picture is usually warped/distorted etc.

Also 'Oh God' as the response for the late 30's recession event is pretty apt. To be honest I'd almost have preferred it if you'd gone with a series of events instead of one single massive resource hit. Especially since the game play mechanics now encourage you to sell everything but the kitchen sink to raise money. I know about the event now but it hurt to have to completely rebalance my economy after the event zeroed out several of my stockpiles.

Also, gave the whole Axis the bonus. Japan joined just before the outbreak of the Sino-Japanese war. As of the spring of 1938 Japan is stalemated just inside the Shanxi border. The Chinese factions have even managed to take Beijing back from the Japanese. There was a Japanese amphibious invasion into the Shandong area but they didn't capture a port and the Chinese ultimately wiped it out. I'm not sure how many divisions the Japanese lost in that attack.

Will it be on Impulse?

I made the mistake of purchasing Dies Irae: Götterdämmerung from Gamersgate, turned out it didn't work with my Impulse install. Had to buy it again via Impulse.

had you tried the Steam work around, i think i could be similar with impulse. as you have DI:G from both may be you can test it with the workaround, and when DI:G witl work i think DI:SS will do too

may be this thread should be stickied as DI:G one

Wonderful work done with that DLC.

Japan steamrolled China in 1938 (I gave I boost the whole Axis), Germany and Romania are quickly advancing in Russia in 1941
and I noticed no bug so far. Well, The Japs declared war on me in November ´41 but you already said that wil be fixed.

Just one thing: Is it possible to implement an event for the AVG http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Volunteer_Group to help China? Or did the fast Victory of Japan just scrumble the event before it could be triggered?

Since we are allowed to send planes to Britain, can we see some aggression of the Luftwaffe after the fall of france?! I sent an "eagle squadron" to Britian and they only downed a few Condors. I never saw any bombings of Britain or even a pass by a BF109.

And ive seen Japan invade the coast of China and even invade Guam and Philipines. Dont know if Philipines was scripted but Guam certainly did not look scripted. I also saw some Carrier activity off wake and midway so Japan is up to something. Looks good on my end beside the obvious bugs.

O and Roosevelt lost!? Wilkie is my prez, did i miss something??

I dont know about giving Germany super stacks of subs. Ive also seen Germany invade Norway but not until 1941

In the mod you have the unit 'usmc_brigade' which isn't being used. The mod changes the normal 'marine_brigade' unit to a new counter. The marine tech tree uses the 'marine_brigade' unit. Should it be using the 'usmc_brigade' unit instead? I can't find the 'usmc_brigade' being used anywhere in the mod.

played till 1943 (Axis AI boost, very hard, historical), my obsevations:

- Pearl Harbor never fired so i couldnt ever use the decision (infamy)
- Japan attacked China got to nanjing, did lose it and then it was a "hold the line" war at com china/shanxi border
- Germany behavior was 70% historical, war against Denmark, Yugoslavia, Greece and SU was to "early", but they didnt attack norway at all
- I cant research USMC landing vehicle... the tab says i need an USMC division at least one, what is this? The theoriet techs where all researched. I did build Marine divisions but i couldnt research it.
- Japs Navy kicks my ass :)
- German airforce is realy active
- Afrika stalemate in Bengazi till i dropped with some units in Tripoli
- India is completely lost, no defence at all against the Japs/Siam
- Of the "special" units i got till now 1 paratroop marine regiment, 4 marine regiments, and Doolittles strat bomber... is this it? or is there more to come? :)

I like it ;) seems ok!

I cant research USMC landing vehicle... the tab says i need an USMC division at least one, what is this? The theoriet techs where all researched. I did build Marine divisions but i couldnt research it.

Well, that means you need one United States Marine Corps division. So an ordinary marine division.

You need the USMC divisional status tech, just above it. When it says '(USMC)' it means it is a technology you can find in the USMC tab.