• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
why cant i play longer than end of 1948? russia make there goals at that time and it ask me if i want to continue but it dont work

The game is designed to end at that date. You can change it in "defines.lua" file, but be aware that the game is not supposed to run further than that, so you'll have no events, no decisions etc. and it'll just be a dull, boring game.

I got strategic bomber carrier group in the production line and then everything at production interface become freezed nothing responds there but everything else works fine, can anybody tell me whats goin on and how to solve it??

Announcement: 3.06 version of the DI:S&S DLC will be available on late june, early july.

It will features a brand new conference system, with some hot-war WWIII mood. As well as bug fixes and the new map of course.

Why not. :)

You have the bones hidden in an event file in the DI:SS mod folder. And along the dev I'll tease you.

Hi guys, I'm curious too about the use of Rangers.... any ideas?

I use them with mountain divisions. Ranger-mtn-mtn (yes, I am just that boring)

:happy:... I'm using Ranger+mtn+mtn+mtn ... Was wondering about other uses....
and yes, that's 3 mtn .... What's your feeling on 2 mtn ?

I use them to fight japan. I don't really use them in europe, I don't know why exactly because europe has more mountainous terrain. But i rather keep the divisions small because I don't feel like having any bigger ones, because that would be overkill.:p

I think there's a little balancing issue with the neutrality act of 1939 event. If you choose "don't", then that effectively makes your neutrality low enough to enact war mobilization and three year draft. The massive IC bonus you get from war economy allows you to get rid of the 10 (or was it 15) dissent within 1-2 months (with massive IC still in production & other sectors). And the organization & popularity hit is nothing if you've been using "support ruling party" since the first years, so basically I just got about additional 100-150 IC a few years earlier than I should have while suffering a very minimal penalty.

I'd suggest increasing dissent hit to about 20-25 and also perhaps giving a national unity hit. Maybe make a strategic modifier like "Unpopular decision", which would last for about 2 months and incerase "daily dissent change" (and some others perhaps too, like lowered manpower gain) significantly, so there's atleast some kind of a downside to not prolonging the act?
Very hard, Road to War, v3.05 (FLRA), SandS 1.1 + quickfix 1.1.5
well... Ricox proposes to increase the dissent, and at the opposite, I find it a bug when using at start some options, like hard/very hard setting and a strong path...

When you play very hard, there is pop-up warning you of possible "extensive un-balance" but it is related to bonus to factions, not your internal balance...
Problem : If you choose from start the option "Don´t" for "Neutrality Act of 1936", your IC falls instantly at 1, dissent grows out of proportions, and you will never recover.
Reproduce it: easy, just start at "very hard" in 01/01/36, and choose "don't" at 1st option firing 1 month after game starts.

At start of the game, we have 38 IC, 0% dissent, and -35% of IC which is fair.
hoi301start.jpg
Very quickly, you have a -50% IC reduction due to Full Civilian Economy: Your IC is now reduced by -85%...
When you choose "don´t" at "Neutrality Act of 1936", you have an additionnal -15% of dissent and IC drop... you are now at -100% of IC, which means you are after the 1st month of game (February 1936), with 1 IC.
OK... It is then a HUGE crisis in your country, ALL factories stop, no food, stores are close, etc...
But it is not a temporary issue as the dissent will continue to drop by 0.04/day.

From this on, it is impossible to use an ahistorical path. The next decision is about the Rhineland crisis. If you choose "Back up Soviets", you have an additionnal 25 dissent which increase the impossibility for recovering.
Next decision is "Abyssinia crisis" where economic sanctions vs Italy gives you an additional 15 dissent...
5 months in the game, and I am already at 60+% of dissent, and 10 months later, I am at 153% of dissents and it grows fast...
hoi3150dissent.jpg
It means that whatever you do afterward, you will never produce anything, even not enough food for your people (you only have 1 IC forever...), and your dissent will grow faster than any event allowing you to reduce it.
Besides, I do not understand how you can have more than 100% of your people not liking you... or dissent % should be capped at, say, 99% (because some one at the Gov needs to like himself!...)

When you have more dissents than "happy" people, you should have riots, even civil war...

Proposed solutions, or simply ideas (I am a bit short...):
- in any cases, dissent rate can not exceed 99%
- when reaching more dissents than the popularity of the ruling party, organization of anticipated election (option yes/no)
, or automated "coup d'etat".
Yes: anticipated elections, with beforehand a huge push of the opposition (if a LOT of people hate their current gov, so then they will support the other extream, such as Silver shirts?). Penalty with dissent halved, with a maximum of 49% (99%/2)
No: so then the player faces a constant no-production and ever growing problem. An impossible challenge though...
- additionnal trigger if IC virtually drops at -100% : IC reduction is capped at the consumer good production, stopping the infernal leak loop for dissent (not enough consumer goods, so more dissent, more dissents so less IC and less consumer goods,...)
actually it is perhaps easier to cap the maximum drop of IC at -90% (still 10% of IC, which makes sense as there are always some factories working, even if it is for sustaining the police forces for containing the heavy riots!)

Last edited:
cannot get it to load onto my new Win7 computer. using 3.05 FTM patched properly and
get this after the "installation" is stated complete:
CreateProcessFailed; Code 2.
The system cannot find the file specified.

I have tried with the Paradox main file in both my C/86 file drive and on my desktop.

Sugestions:

New Units:

Dedicated B-17 unit - (Several versions depending on strategic bomber techs) less effective but cheaper.
Flying Boat - High sub and convoy attack values such as Catalinas hunting subs in atlantic and black cats hunting convoys in the PTO.
AA Cruiser - Atlanta, Juneau and Oakland classes better at AA but weaker at everything else.
Combat Air Groups - CAGs are extremely important with USA, therefore I propose increasing the CAGs to 3 on normal carriers (for example Enterprise's airgroup in 1941 was VF-6, VS-6 and VB-6) and/or adding different types of CAGs such as Interceptor CAG, Torpedo CAG and Dive Bomber CAG.
Long Range Fighters/Twin Engine Fighters - Such as P-38 (possibly P-51 if LRF) which should be separate from interceptors and multi-roles.
Carrier Classes - Fix the Yorktown class (example: Enterprise is a Lexington atm) and make the CVs be Langley -> Lexington -> Ranger -> Wasp -> Yorktown -> Essex (reason why wasp is before Yorktown is she was slower, smaller and weaker).
Battleship Classes - Fix the Battleship classes (example: Nevada is a New York class atm) and make the BBs be New York -> Nevada -> Pennsylvania -> New Mexico -> Tennesee -> Colorado -> North Carolina -> South Dakota -> Iowa also fix the ship names (example: Iowa isnt included)

More to come

First a bug to report then a recomendation , While planning for the invasion of Japan my staging was allowed to take place in Vladivostok , This seems like a somewhat unlikely event , I can't imagine Stalin allowing the largest invasion force ever assembled amassing in the Soviet far East , hard to imagine the Allies keen on the idea either. Are there plans to incorporate PT Boats ( torpedo Boats in the game , Being the US and not having PT Boats just seems wrong .

Hey DD i like the mod. but I think im having a problem with the AXIS buff. when i started the game i chose to give whole axis the very hard buff. but uh... i dont think germany is getting the buff.

I saved and reloaded my game as germany and im getting no indications that germany has any buffs at all NO +100% IC when i mouse over the IC. no +200% MP when i mouse over the manpower and nothing at all about any buffs when i mouse over the country flag in the top left corner...

BTW. i have all the latest patches installed and my checksum is FLRA.

EDIT: So ive read the whole thread now... i see that japan not conquering china is a problem for alot of people... so i did i test. I played 6 games from 1936 to 1940 and uhh... every single time. thats 6/6 times japan failed miserably in the war with china... even got pushed back to korea a couple of times.

So far the day of infamy event has never fired and i see why... the event chain goes like this: Japan has to push far enough into china to capture the province of nanjing so USA can end the 1911 agreement. Then germany has to defeat france so japan can demand control of french indochina and have control of the province Hanoi then USA can do the enact total embargo event lastly the Japs can attack pearl harbor...

I Propose that you remove the part in the chain of events where japan has to control nanjing. Because so far it seems japan just cant get that far.
But Germany Pretty much always conquers france... so japan always gets french indochina. Wala! the broken chain of events is fixed. not that its broken cause of you DD... its broken cause the damn japs suck so much and conquering china.

Last edited:
I dunno if it's been mentioned, but it's impossible to lend-lease to the Axis as the U.S. because your form of government doesn't change, so it allows lend-lease to Allies and Comintern, but not to Axis, no matter what faction you're in...
This has to be a bug, as helping the Allies while at war with them seems illogical. Either the ahistorical fascist path should change form of government, or being in the Axis should qualify the Axis for lend-lease.

Allies Violating Russian soil

Okay so it apears there is a glitch in Stars & Stipes , I first noticed then while planning an invasion of Japan after selecting my objectives the AI proceeded to stage the invasion from Vladivostok and more recently starting from 1943 I attempted to invade Italy from North Africa , after selecting my objective the AI sent my forces across the entire Mediterarian and into Russia for some inexplacable reason . I had presumed that thier was an instruction to prevent Allied forces from entering Russian territory without some type of explicit permission, this apears to be broke , hopefully this will be addressed with the upcoming patch .