• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think Pearl Harbor should always fire for Japan, no matter when it decides to declare war on the USA. Now if USA declares, then there would be a recruitment, but I don't think it would be as large as if Pearl Harbor happens. Whenever Japan and US are at war with each other...any negative effect that Japan has on USA should be stopped, no matter the date. There is no honored economic agreements when your at war with someone.

I also agree that there needs to be some work done on events that allow you to reduce your Neutrality very early. As I demonistrated in my AAR, by July 3rd, 1937 I had my neutrality low enough to have the best laws without being at war. So I ost 4 months of production or so to remove dissent, who cares, Since I played both a FtML game and a S&S game, I think I clearly proved that there is not enough "Bad" events or consequences to make this strategy the "Norm" for the mod. Yes I switched the primary party from democracy to republican and back, but this was no problem, infact I think I like the Republican Pres and Vice better f0r 1936-1940. I also had to limit what I made to keep realistic units amounts, infact by wartime I was at about 150% of the force the USA had on Dec, 7th 1941. Before the war started. I am next goiing to see how strong I can make the economy before war starts, with having the normal starting forces. I can imagine the USA could have an enormous economy with this mod. Especially if you rush techs for anything economy or production based including the "Aresona"l techs. Mass producing the units at the last minute. SO I will be doing my next AAR on that premise.

As for Rangers, hmmm well if they are anything like Marines, IE takes too long to build compared with Infantry, I am not sure weither they are actually worth ithe trouble. A marine brigade was about 1733 IC days when I compared them at the start of USAs war compared to about 160 IC days for a plain Infantry, now I can't see paying that high difference in production costs that often. And I didn't even have Rangers researched at that time. I just looked at my AAR save and they were costing about 500 IC days, still alot. As to pairing, hmm...They scream to be paired with Heavy Armor or mountaineers, but with rangers and marine high officer requirements you will pay heavily to have them. I think I would still rather use plain jane infantry for most uses. I still would use 3 Infantry compared to 1 ranger. And remember rangers is a "Support unit" so it can't be used without a standard unit. Rangers has outstanding stats and for those stats fairly low supply needs, but the main problems I see is 100% softness, 5 speed and the 250 officers needed for that small brigade. will make them either team them up with a non mobile forces or something like heavy armor which has such a low speed, mass infantry will still probably do better in the long run. Maybe in places you need alot of extra defense, but need to have minimum supply usage. It has the same supply usage as a garrison or 1 2/3s of a militia and about equivelant stats to infantry with no width.

Last edited:
Update to neutrality problems and triggers after patches

Everything has played out nicely after the patch. Even the day of infamy triggered; although it happened after we battled it out for Guam. I basically followed some of what Azedalis did in order to get my neutrality down. I did, however, lose Roosevelt as president. But got him back the next election...just in time for the war with Japan. It's 1941 and Japan has contol of China...pushing towards India vs the British. The German advance is where is should be.

Too early to tell how the war will shape up (I gave only Japan the advantage and supplied only The Allies), but things seem to be in order with enough flexibility to play the way I want. I'm a noob to all this, so not sure how people play so quickly (I've seen videos on YouTube where people seemingly dont mention supply lines, terrain, weather, etc.) and jus point click and advance at scary rates. All I know is I'm having a great time going at a snail's pace...Thank you Devildread for DI Stars and Stripes!

Ive got a little problem with the events in the mod. Its always written like "event.... and some numbers and letters behind it"
First i thought i patched it wrong but then i installed everything new without the patch and there is still the same problem.
Anybody got a solution for that??

Ive got a little problem with the events in the mod. Its always written like "event.... and some numbers and letters behind it"
First i thought i patched it wrong but then i installed everything new without the patch and there is still the same problem.
Anybody got a solution for that??

It's a language issue, the DLC is english only and I guess you are not running the game in english.

On the next patch I'd like to see AA units be able to be upgraded to motorized AA and Mech AA.
Thank you

USMC Divisional Status

I'm in 1941 and have an Infantry Practical of 17 and Infantry Theory of 11.5. But can't unlock the USMC Divisional Status. Does this make it so you actually have to use the "Theory" tab and research there in order to unlock this?

I'm in 1941 and have an Infantry Practical of 17 and Infantry Theory of 11.5. But can't unlock the USMC Divisional Status. Does this make it so you actually have to use the "Theory" tab and research there in order to unlock this?

Yes, as corazhor stated. But just adding onto that - if ANY of the technologies require something in theory, then you must research that in the "Theory" tab, the actual theory at the bottom doesn't have anything to do with the prequisites for the technology, it only affects the speed of research if it's put into that category or however you could call that.

Is there anything else I can do to help Japan win the war for china atleast, last several games, they get push back withing a month and it either stalemates or they keep losing. IS the "free supply" to national china the problem from the USA event the problem? I give the bonuses to all the Axis only and its sad after a few years playing to see Japan losing bigtime. I don't see invasions by Japan either, so if they don't push from the north they lose it. I figured with that much bonus it would make it that Japan can't lose, but that is definately NOT the case.

To unlock all the goodies, you need the following Theory levels:
Mobile -- 4
Auto -- 4
Aero -- 4
Naval -- 4
Inf -- 4
Nuke -- 10
Mech -- 2

Everything is explicited in the tech-popup.

Tech_name (tab_name)

When it says (theory) it doesn't mean the theory level but the actual theory tech in the theory tab. :)

Is there anything else I can do to help Japan win the war for china atleast, last several games, they get push back withing a month and it either stalemates or they keep losing. IS the "free supply" to national china the problem from the USA event the problem? I give the bonuses to all the Axis only and its sad after a few years playing to see Japan losing bigtime. I don't see invasions by Japan either, so if they don't push from the north they lose it. I figured with that much bonus it would make it that Japan can't lose, but that is definately NOT the case.

You could go ahead and try asking Devildread another event that is given at the start of the game, where it gives the option to give Japan a bunch of transport fleets. Believe it or not, but with about ~20 added transport ships Japan can do so much better and actually do the historical success, because it actually tries to invade that way. Maybe even give the option to give a very few amount of marine brigades/divisions alongside the transports.

Could someone tell me the EXACT folder to unzip into when installing the patches? Is it immediately into the main folder or the mod folder for Stars and Stripes. Neither worked out for me so.

I just downloaded FTM 3.06 beta, added Stars & Stripes and both patches and got QREY for the checksum. Anyone else try it yet? If so your checksum?

I believe Devildread plans to release an update after 3.06 release. He might wait for the final 3.06 version to give it to us. Just be patient. I would have 2 copies of FTM right now, one with the 3.06B and one with 3.05. Only play mods that say they are 3.06 capable on 3.06B. On 3.05 you should be able to play any mod other mode made for FTML. This new patch changes alot so things like AI will work with 3.06B so don't expect miracles of mods being update in a few days, give then just as much time to modify the game.

BTW DD, It seems Japan is stuck on declaring war in Nov. Is this intended??? Why can't pearl happen first???

Last edited:
I would expect DD to finalize work on a SnS patch incorporating 3.06 AFTER the open beta is finished. Beta is still finding glitches and there is no sense in an SnS patch till 3.06 is gold. If you want to speed it along, start running beta games with 3.06 to help bugcheck. Even hands off games will help speed up the shakedown time. :)

Any DOW automatically triggers the Pearl Harbor maluses and the Day of Infamy boost in recruitment.

This. This this this.

Japan keeps losing in China and declaring limited war on me. I like the mod, but I've played several games now even with the new patch and Pearl just never fires.

I gave all the axis the bonus and still the Japanese get slammed in China. I loaded up as Japan and they have no troops. The fleet looks pretty big though. And they're building all sorts of coastal forts that they don't have the troops to man.

Even with the big bonus, it seems that Japan doesn't have the capacity to build both a navy that can slow down the US and a ground force that can do anything in China.

I suppose I should just hunt for the flag in the save file and activate it.

Could someone tell me the EXACT folder to unzip into when installing the patches? Is it immediately into the main folder or the mod folder for Stars and Stripes. Neither worked out for me so.

If you see a mod folder in the zip file, then to the main directory, if there's just the Gotterdamerung file, then it goes into the mod folder.