• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
sok, checksum FLRA. By the first gameplay event, I assume you mean the gameplay difficulty decision chain? Now seeing an all axis or Germany/Japan only manpower bonus of 200%. And Allies/Comintern of 150%. Yippee!
Time to start a new game and see what happans. Thanks!!!!

FLRA it is. :)

I had some other pending stuff in my development copy this explains the different checksum. On a fresh install everyone should have FLRA.

I am open to suggestions about the next big patch (with CMP integration and all). I want event ideas, new units and anything you can think of!

Few ideas from Possum, a contributor:
- USMC garrison unit
- Armored Cavalry

DD, would you consider adding Yuni's wargoals in some form? (Link in my sig) It would help form the basis of a possible 'unthinkable' event chain.

In terms of units, my vote is for motorised artillery. I add it to each of your dlcs when i play them.

To make the pre war part of the game more interesting, how about a series of events based around stationing the USA fleet at pearl harbour, eg if there are x ships based at pearl harbour or guam/wake etc, Japan lowers its neutrality.

Keep up the great work.

Slight OT, but I'd really like to see some of your brilliant ideas re: theory techs ported over to DI:G. After playing DI:SS I find I miss having a reason to research theory techs in DI:G and vanilla. For that matter, how about making Germany (or others in future DLCs) spend some effort to get out of depression?

Otherwise, great job so far. I do hope you end up making DI for Japan, the UK and the USSR.

Slight OT, but I'd really like to see some of your brilliant ideas re: theory techs ported over to DI:G. After playing DI:SS I find I miss having a reason to research theory techs in DI:G and vanilla. For that matter, how about making Germany (or others in future DLCs) spend some effort to get out of depression?

Otherwise, great job so far. I do hope you end up making DI for Japan, the UK and the USSR.

Agreed. I'm really looking forward to a DI version for the Soviet Union.

I didn't think of that. It could indeed work and represent with accuracy what happened. :)

Removing them via event + at the same time adding them to the queue with x days before completion. With of course a choice for the player to avoid that if he doesn't want to clutter his fleet (I understand it could be frustrating to lose a ship based on NY while the event says it was on Pearl Harbor).

I'll try that for the next patch (not the quickfix!). Thanks for the suggestion.

Glad to hear that you would at least give consideration to furthering the event, and who knows in the end it may not work, but certainly agree that something should be done to give the player a choice depending upon whether or not they are playing historically. Like you said some would be upset if those ships were on the other side of the world and all of sudden there GONE!

Perhaps a chain of events could be set up using something like what MRS SMITH00 suggested further down. In a case like that, more than likely, a person is trying to play somewhat historic.

To make the pre war part of the game more interesting, how about a series of events based around stationing the USA fleet at pearl harbour, eg if there are x ships based at pearl harbour or guam/wake etc, Japan lowers its neutrality.

Again something like rebasing the fleet there is what caused the attack on Pearl to begin with.

Anyways once again thanks for your time and consideration and now I'm off to download the quickfix and start a new game.

BTW I like the idea of a USMC garrison. Forgot to mention.

Last edited:
Quick fix for this one if it is bothering you that badly. Take the WV and CAL BB's and park them in Alaska till '44. These BB's are so old and slow, they usually don't even make it to the battle or if they do, they are quickly hammered at sea by CAG's. I try to keep them around for SB help only. Which was pretty much their duty until they got pressed into service in the Battle of Surigao Strait.

No, its not really bothering me, as I said I'm really just very happy that something was done with this event to show the phyiscal damage that the US incurred. It really is just my OCD getting the best of me and needed to know so that I cure my curiousity. In the end if I'm trying to play a truly historic game, (no matter what version I'm playing FTM, HOI3, or even when playing HOI2) I would go into my save game and just delete those ships.

I also agree that I really have no use for those ships once war starts as I'm concentrating on my Carriers.

Thanks

I had some other pending stuff in my development copy this explains the different checksum. On a fresh install everyone should have FLRA.

I am open to suggestions about the next big patch (with CMP integration and all). I want event ideas, new units and anything you can think of!

- USMC garrison unit
- Armored Cavalry

Is this also possible for Götterdämmerung?

A US Armored Cavalry Group can be made now with 1xLtArmor plus 1xAC. This would
represent a full US Amd Cavalry Group with supporting arty. works well too. For
offensive give them not an Amd commander but an attacking commander and vice versa
if you need them to hold an area. I attach 3 to each Theatre.

DD, quite a while ago i mentioned several times that the US basing any caps at Pearl in
40-41 should effect Japanese neutrality. They considered it a causes belli and a severe
threat to their expansion plans in the Pacific.

Last edited:
About Götterdämmerung, I am by contract focused on Stars and Stripes at the moment but I will make DI:G compatible with 3.06, and when I'll work on it I'll come on the forum and ask for suggestions as well. :)
I'll also make Common Weapons compatible but no more units on this one.

Possible DI:S&S new units:
- USMC garrison unit
- Armored cavalry
- AA cruiser
- Motorized support group (Art/AT/AA)

Possible events:
- pre-war USA-JAP tension around Pearl Harbor
- more accurate Day Of Infamy results

Planned stuff:
- Conference system

### U.S.–BRITISH STAFF CONFERENCE (ABC–1)
# Choice: 1. air attack 2. amphibious invasion 3. support of resistance

### ATLANTIC CHARTER - AUGUST 41

### MOSCOW CONFERENCES
# ahistorical choice, attend, not attend (SOV relation hit)
## MOSCOW CONFERENCE - 1941 - Send help
## MOSCOW CONFERENCE - 1942 - plan the North Africa Campaign
## MOSCOW CONFERENCE - 1943 - discuss global matter
## MOSCOW CONFERENCE - 1944 - Soviet Union's entry in the war against Japan

### WASHINGTON CONFERENCE
## ARCADIA CONFERENCE - JAN 42 - Europe First, Declaration by United Nations
## SECOND WASHINGTON CONFERENCE - JUNE 42 - North African Campaign or D-Day?
## THIRD WASHINGTON CONFERENCE - MAY 43 - Italian Campaign, Air Attack on Germany, Pacific Action

### CASABLANCA CONFERENCE

### QUEBEC CONFERENCE - AUG 43 - Prepare Overlord, increase bombing on Germany, exhaust Japan

### CAIRO CONFERENCE - NOV 43 - Future of Asia, historical choice or US protectorate (puppet) in Manchuria and Korea (Sov hit)

### TEHRAN CONFERENCE - NOV 43 - Yug partisans, if DDay before july 44, Sov will attack Japan once Germany is defeated

### SECOND QUEBEC CONFERENCE - SEP 44 - Decision about allies occupation of Germany

### YALTA CONFERENCE - FEB 45 - postwar Europe plans

### POTSDAM CONFERENCE - AUG 45 - Apply the results of Yalta conference (or not, then war)

Thanks for the suggestions, keep going!

I have some decisions and events after WWII for DISS mod.

1.US internal event of post war : Invention of ENIAC, National Security Act, Excutive Order 9981, CIA, Atomic Energy Act, House Un-American Activities Committee-McCarthyism, V-E day, V-J day
2.Cold war : Truman Doctrine, Iron Curtain, Marshall Plan, Molotov Plan, Berlin Blockade, NATO, Soviet Nuclear Program, Operation Unthinkable, NSC-68
3.Colony Independence : Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Israel, Palestine, India, Pakistan, Indonesia
4.Chinese Civil War : US supports Zhang, Establishment of People's Republic of China, Government on Taiwan, End of Sinkiang, End of Tibet, French Zhanjiang retrocede to CHI
5.Japan : Tokyo Trial,New constitution of Japan
6.Germany : Partition of Germany(American zone, French zone, British zone, Soviet zone), Bizone, Trizone, Establishment of DFR and DDR, Monnet Plan of France
7.Korean War : Moscow Conference, The Joint Soviet-American Commission, United Nations Temporary Commission on Korea, ROK Marine Corps, Acheson line Declaration, Stalin and Mao approve Korean war, Korean war begins, United Nations Security Council Resolution 82, Operation Chromite, Chinese Intervintion, Soviet proposes truce talks between US and CHC, Soviet's millitary action( WWIII : I'm still mading )

I also made some WWII decisions and events

1.Establishment of Tojo cabinet(1941.10)
2.Dissolution of Tojo cabinet and Establishment of Koiso cabinet ( If US occupies Saipan )
3.Operation Downfall
4.Operation August Storm ( If Germany is defeated, Soviet declares war against Japan and her puppets. )

DD, if you need them , I will gladly send TXT files and CSV files to you. And as mrsmith00 mentioned I also strongly recommend adding Yuni's Historia Wargoal Mod.

Oops, a new patch.
i just made it to ´42 . i m at war with jap but still not an allies member. i boosted only jap which were going well but next game i will boost everyone.
good to see that the pearl harbor thing is fixed.

there is still the prob with the phillipines. normally a state pays the exact amount of supplies to the state where his troops are. why this is not happen with the phillipines? because they r on an island, or because they r puppet? or both? so it seems to be a still existing vanilla problem.
maybe they can participate on a kind of lend-lease (IC transfer for support of u.s.military bases), or a script based transfer of supplies. or at last the annexation-solution which i wouldnt prefer. in the end i dont want phi to build to much fleet, planes, troops or even go invading anything.

till ´42 i had only one paramarine. although it migth be spoiler, could someone tell me how many i can expect to get or will it be the only one (same to cag bomber)

for the NG i would like to have them with a good territorial pride boni because they r for defending homeland USA and they know the land, rigth? therefore not intended for any invasion.

@mrwrong lol, ok, funny, but how long can u endure this?
@jkrokmc nice ideas

@dd i like the tech tree wich r combining all kinds of infantry and the changes in the tank section and now also the theory. should be vanilla standard

at last i want u to know that i never ever played a game as US in HOI vanilla. everytime i tried to start one, i see this really big land, mp , ic, endless resources, fleets. this country seems just unbeatable. now with the mod i give it a try:)

Edit: My marine raiders get scattered in a fight. A text popped up that they are back in USA to be rebuild. But I couldnt find them anywhere on map or in production queue.
Template of NG is wrong

Last edited:
actually gul du kat , in PTO they used to assign a different musical theme for each provience , so that song would only pop up when you clicked on hawiiai ... it's too bad HOI can't do something like that for each major provience or capital , it would help to give the game more flavor ..

New Ideas

- USMC garrison unit
- Armored Cavalry

How about adding research for Navy Construction Battalions ( Sea Bees) that you give you quicker airfield and port construction. Maybe that would allow infrastructure repair quicker. I'm thinking someway to repair what you destroy when you advance so you can get supplies through. Add Red Ball Express research, move more supplies with it.
I love the this mod, I just dowed Japan after the sinking of the gunboat, had a bad first year but by December 41 I have all of Japan in my hands.

Redball is nice idea (supply thruput)

Cross Channel fuel pipeline (was eventually laid across France). increase in port eff. (supply)

Mullberry ports (for invasions)

Correct the fighters by removing naval fighters from Int and replace with P38/P51

Correct the MR fighters by replacing with P39/P47

Add later version of B17 (G) so that they are not obsolete so fast (usually prewar at times!)

Would it be possible to recreate Pearl Harbor by removing 1-8 prewar US BBs and putting
them into the construction list with 5IC for each and from 200-1500 day "repair" (if taking
past the game the player can delete the BB from the list as sunk at PH and unrecoverable).

Make Manilla a US port for supply and add level 3 coastal fort and level 1 ground fort or if
not then Clark Field and add a level one port for US in adjacent province.

By event make Portsmouth a US Port for supply in UK in 1943 if US in Allies.

PS: please add 10 radars to the UK at Dover build as the AI never builds any in the UK it seems
and they are really needed by both the UK and US later on in the war to see what is going on
in France.

Last edited:
Dunno if it has been reported as a bug, but in my last game after i DOWed and conquered Vichy France all of the territory that was captured by me, but did not have my units in there was given back to Germany.The result was a supply disaster, because I did send one whole inf army with an armored corps attached to it.As a suggestion I'll again say that even after patch 1.1 the initial penalties that the US gets are too easy to remove.You can generate 70+ money a day, and they can be abolished in mid '36.