• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
or turn UAC off, this stops all those pop ups you get when you try to run any thing.

to do:
1. open up user control (where you change passwords etc)
2. hit "turn of user account control"
3. follow the steps, it should be self explanatory

this solves nearly all permission and security issues in the newer windows versions.

and to all you people saying this comprises security, most new viruses already can circumnavigate UAC any way and often use UAC as a tool to stop any removal of said virus (making anti virus and malware/spyware .exe's ilegal and so forth)

Thank you, if I get a chance to do another reinstall, I will have to try that. Hopefully we get a patch so the user doesn't have to reinstall as many times as I have.

better don't deactivate UAC it is after all an important part of your system security because it prevents all unwanted alterations of important files including those made by malware. it exists for a reason after all.
better simply use a non protected directory like c:/games/... its faster, easier and far more secure.

better don't deactivate UAC it is after all an important part of your system security because it prevents all unwanted alterations of important files including those made by malware. it exists for a reason after all.
better simply use a non protected directory like c:/games/... its faster, easier and far more secure.

except most malware now circumnavigates it, then locks the user and common anti viruses out, oh the joy we had with that! it required a complete reformat and reinstall as the regestry was f****d beyind repair and any scaning software got locked out.

my opinons probally tarnished by my main pc's having no constant internet connection so the protection of UAC is minimal while the obstruction is huge as it completely screws with visual studio and solidworks (at least for me)

except most malware now circumnavigates it, then locks the user and common anti viruses out, oh the joy we had with that! it required a complete reformat and reinstall as the regestry was f****d beyind repair and any scaning software got locked out.

my opinons probally tarnished by my main pc's having no constant internet connection so the protection of UAC is minimal while the obstruction is huge as it completely screws with visual studio and solidworks (at least for me)

be that as it may but you should at least mention that it is a risk when you advise disabling of core features of the OS.

be that as it may but you should at least mention that it is a risk when you advise disabling of core features of the OS.

true, but its still a viable option that a lot of people follow.

UAC must drive some of the tech guys up the wall, its bad practice to tell someone to turn off a security setting, yet turning it off makes the computer so much more idiot proof. Probally why all the computers at my polytech and work had it turned off straight away so it never came up.

Thanks for the great DLC. I think I'm having a problem with the patch. When I launch the game via "hoi3.exe" and select "Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes" mod, I get
HoI3 v3.05 (CONO) Mod: Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes
Is this the correct checksum?

If I launch via "hoi3game.exe" I get
HoI3 v3.05 (UBYY)

I have Hearts of Iron II Collection if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Ronnie

Thanks for the great DLC. I think I'm having a problem with the patch. When I launch the game via "hoi3.exe" and select "Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes" mod, I get
HoI3 v3.05 (CONO) Mod: Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes
Is this the correct checksum?

If I launch via "hoi3game.exe" I get
HoI3 v3.05 (UBYY)

I have Hearts of Iron II Collection if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Ronnie

ubyy is correct for ftm 3.05

Thanks for responding so quickly.

So is the "CONO" checksum that I'm getting when launching Stars and Stripes correct also?

Thanks,

-Ronnie

not 100% sure, i currently don't use DISS but i did memorize the FTM 3.05 checksum. that shows the level of maddnes in the community

Any idea how to fix this? Is it because I have HoI3 Collection?

complete clean install of the dlc into a FTM that has UBYY as checksum in vinilla, the HOI3 CC dosn't matter it just changes some sprties

complete clean install of the dlc into a FTM that has UBYY as checksum in vinilla, the HOI3 CC dosn't matter it just changes some sprties

Thanks for helping me out.

I think the problem was in my original install I copied over the files from the Gamersgate installer manually.

All fixed now.

Thanks again,

-Ronnie

Hey boys and girls,

I was thinking of getting back into HOI and was wondering if the latest DI is worth grabbing. The cost is not a concern, but I want to make sure I don't invest many, many hours on another subpar campaign without Japan ever attacking the islands or making an ounce of headway on the mainland. Likewise with Germany steamrolling the Soviets every game. Will I have a solid experience that might see a ww2 last beyond 1942 or shoud I wait for a patch or two?

Thanks for the advice. Now, back to crusading.

Hey boys and girls,

I was thinking of getting back into HOI and was wondering if the latest DI is worth grabbing. The cost is not a concern, but I want to make sure I don't invest many, many hours on another subpar campaign without Japan ever attacking the islands or making an ounce of headway on the mainland. Likewise with Germany steamrolling the Soviets every game. Will I have a solid experience that might see a ww2 last beyond 1942 or shoud I wait for a patch or two?

Thanks for the advice. Now, back to crusading.

its allright, as there are events at the start to buff the living shit out of the sides if you want, ergo you can make the axias insanely powerfull to a degree

Thanks nimrod. I had read a little about that but the thought of buffing the germans even more doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Now if the soviets were able to take advantage of the quicker build times as seen in DI:G that would be a good counter. It sure would be nice to see a ww2 game that even remotely resembled the real deal for a change.

Thanks nimrod. I had read a little about that but the thought of buffing the germans even more doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Now if the soviets were able to take advantage of the quicker build times as seen in DI:G that would be a good counter. It sure would be nice to see a ww2 game that even remotely resembled the real deal for a change.

As far as I know, you are able to select Soviets as well for the buff.

Stars & Stripes

Nice job, Devil...thank you for putting so much work into this. Purchased off of Gamersgate today, and enjoying now.