• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm with Shady Ed...What's the Conference Facility? - Rick

It's a conference chain of events in order to shape the post war world and decide where to attack.

hello there,
just spend my blue coins on this and read a bit in the forum.
some of u tell about giving max bonus to japan ect. how do u give bonus to countries?

Edit: Ok, forget it :)

Last edited:
Ok, is there a way to go in and manually fire the Pearl Harbor event? Nov '41 and Japan just declared limited war on me, and then has done nothing. They lost in China so bad they gave up and went for a white peace back in May of 39. 36 Campaign game btw

By that response do you mean I should just wait till Dec 7th and it will fire on that date as long as Japan is at war with me, or Japan has to actually launch a port strike on Pearl to fire it?

i think u mustnt be at war with Jap for pearl harbour event to fire up. i amend one of the save game when US is still in peace. change the month to Dec.

i dont think pearl harbour will fire up when jap n us is at war.

Ah, okies. Will give it a try and see. Although that kind of messes with Barbarossa. Germany is having enough trouble as it is, finally capturing Minsk in first week of Nov., without lossing a whole month of attacks. Beginning to think I shall just wait till 1.2 or the rumored quick fix comes out for the Day of Infamy and Axis manpower issues. Right now, Japan won't even be a challange in this game.

I am doing my best to get that quickfix ASAP. ETA monday I hope. :)

Quickfix plan:
- fix Day of Infamy chain of events
- add manpower to the Axis

Nothing but love, hugs, and positive thoughts to you DD. Love your work and can't wait to see more!

I am doing my best to get that quickfix ASAP. ETA monday I hope. :)

Quickfix plan:
- fix Day of Infamy chain of events
- add manpower to the Axis

Have been recently playing this mod and really enjoy it as I normally only play the US. I also like the Pearl Harbour event as it had a very significant influence on how the war was waged in the Pacific.

However I do have one question regarding it. With the event you lose the Arizona and Oklahoma which is protrayed accurately, however there is no significant damage assigned to the other battleships that were stationed with them. Making the assumption that the Arizona and Oklahoma are at Pearl; couldn't you assume that the others would be as well?

So the question is "Are you planning on any further improvements regarding losses or damage to the Pearl fleet?" and if not perhaps you could enlighten us layman on what would have to be typed within the event to reduce the strength of the other ships that were affected by the attack.

Mind you I do not mean to be out of line asking you for this info and if I have stepped over that line let me apologize now.

Once again I really have been enjoying this mod as well as your I.C.E. mod for HOI3 & Semper-Fi which is the only thing I played until FTM came out and all its patches.

Thanks again for all your hard work, it is people like you that have made this game much more enjoyable to play.

Sadly I can't damage (reduce strength of) any units, I can only remove them from the map. And since I already am making the assumption that Arizona and Oklahoma are in Pearl Harbor I don't want to clutter the player's navy more.
However the event comes with some bad modifiers in order to abstractly portray the need to repair.

Sadly I can't damage (reduce strength of) any units, I can only remove them from the map. And since I already am making the assumption that Arizona and Oklahoma are in Pearl Harbor I don't want to clutter the player's navy more.
However the event comes with some bad modifiers in order to abstractly portray the need to repair.

I'm sadden to hear that nothing can be done about reducing the strength of ships. Ships like Tennessee, Maryland, Pennsylvania it didn't really matter that much anyways as they returned to the fleet only months after the attack anyways.

But if reagards to West Virginia and California which for all intensive purposes were sunk and only through the determination of the American spirit were they raised, repaired, returned to the fleet mid '44. I was wondering could it be possible to remove these ships much like Arizonia and Oklahoma and through a new event or perhaps the same event automatically put back into the production queue like you have done with other units like 101st AB or Doolittle CAG.

Once again need to emphasize that I'm not critizing your work as I am sure some of these things may have already come to mind and want to ensure you that I am just happy that someone did something with this event to make more historic than just a gerneric event to start hostilities between US and Japan.

BTW looking forward to your fix as I was just about to start a new game and now will wait a day or two until you can put this out there.

Again thanks!!

I'm sadden to hear that nothing can be done about reducing the strength of ships. Ships like Tennessee, Maryland, Pennsylvania it didn't really matter that much anyways as they returned to the fleet only months after the attack anyways.

But if reagards to West Virginia and California which for all intensive purposes were sunk and only through the determination of the American spirit were they raised, repaired, returned to the fleet mid '44. I was wondering could it be possible to remove these ships much like Arizonia and Oklahoma and through a new event or perhaps the same event automatically put back into the production queue like you have done with other units like 101st AB or Doolittle CAG.

Once again need to emphasize that I'm not critizing your work as I am sure some of these things may have already come to mind and want to ensure you that I am just happy that someone did something with this event to make more historic than just a gerneric event to start hostilities between US and Japan.

BTW looking forward to your fix as I was just about to start a new game and now will wait a day or two until you can put this out there.

Again thanks!!

Quick fix for this one if it is bothering you that badly. Take the WV and CAL BB's and park them in Alaska till '44. These BB's are so old and slow, they usually don't even make it to the battle or if they do, they are quickly hammered at sea by CAG's. I try to keep them around for SB help only. Which was pretty much their duty until they got pressed into service in the Battle of Surigao Strait.

I didn't think of that. It could indeed work and represent with accuracy what happened. :)

Removing them via event + at the same time adding them to the queue with x days before completion. With of course a choice for the player to avoid that if he doesn't want to clutter his fleet (I understand it could be frustrating to lose a ship based on NY while the event says it was on Pearl Harbor).

I'll try that for the next patch (not the quickfix!). Thanks for the suggestion.

QUICKFIX

- Be sure you have FTM 3.05 and Dies Irae: Stars&Stripes patch 1.1 installed (see second post of the thread if not)
- Be sure the DLC installed
- Download Dies_Irae_USA_Quickfix_1.1.5.zip
- Extract it directly to the HOI3-FTM folder
- Overwrite when prompted (the archive will replace somes files in the mod and scenarios folders)

CHECKSUM
- FTM 3.05 UBYY
- DIES IRAE STARS AND STRIPES 1.1 VNTA
- DIES IRAE STARS AND STRIPES 1.1.5 WCOG --edit: it's FLRA actually. :)

PATCH CHANGELOG

## QUICKFIX 1.1.5

- global_manpower_modifier = +150% for the gameplay Allies and Comintern difficulty AI buff instead of +50%
- global_manpower_modifier = +200% for the gameplay Axis difficulty AI buff instead of +50%
- pearl harbor attack and day of infamy decision should happen no matter what (as long as Japan and USA are not in the same faction)

Last edited:
Getting an IDOJ checksum. What am I missing?

I just tried on another installation and I have FLRA.
Maybe you didn't install 1.1 first?

Just play and see if you have the 150/200% manpower change in the first gameplay events. If so, the patch is working. :)

I just tried on another installation and I have FLRA.
Maybe you didn't install 1.1 first?

Just play and see if you have the 150/200% manpower change in the first gameplay events. If so, the patch is working. :)

Yeah. I had forgotten that I did a fresh install on this new machine but didn't do the 1.1 patch like I had one the old one. Done now and I'm getting the same checksum you are: FLRA.