+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 524

Thread: "Ultima Ratio" — Thursdays, 20:00 CET

  1. #321

  2. #322
    God, and death, ruler of lords Troxbox's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    238
    As i will begoing soon to the airport, btw thanks for the update. I feel that the english is a coward attacking the sub and not me.
    If you tried, you tried thanks for helping me out anyways always good to hear that you did your best.
    However i feel that england is pouncing at me as a coward that he is. First he decimated my fleet in a war that had no demands on me and the austrian alliance stated clear and spain stated clear that i was neutral in the war but yet the english tries to invade me just to *fuck me over* and me unawared and fleet not maintained gets my whole fleet wiped.
    And then this? attacking the sub? i mean realese of my cores? seems harsh but never the less i shall persue on just seems that you have a bit of a fishy tactic to always attack when iam at my weakest aka neutral in war or subbed by a newer player.
    Just feels a bit harsh on me in this whole campaigns regancy 5 times or more. Marocco dowing me when being ai(did cost me alot just to build troops and defend my turf and then attack just to offer a wp to be nice to the perm) But yeah and the french kinda turning on me since sid seems to be a little bit more hostile towards spain then scion. I had a very poor diplo position in the last session and i was counting on making some new or old friends in europe. But seems like the english was in a hurry to just get me down. >.> Spain shall have it revange in this campaign or another!
    A God amongst men, a legend amongst women.

    Always Commando

  3. #323
    I was planning this attack even before you stated yesterday that you needed a sub. You being there would not of changed anything. Secondly I would never of attacked you if you and portugal didn't demand I release Navarra. This was in retaliation to your alliance and threats I attacked Portugal too, even though he didn't join Spains defensive call. I have no further quarrel with you but as I noticed last session you will most likely make this into another conflict.

  4. #324
    God, and death, ruler of lords Troxbox's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    238
    Well, if i can't control my own iberian island from you scum who tries to conquer it then yes we have a problem. And im just saying that the demands on a sub to realese cores and stuff like that was pretty harsh.
    But yes ofc we will have a conflict i will fight you untill my nation dies if i have to. You having a core has nothing to do that its my land. Cores and nations land is diffrent. Just cause you gain a random core in a province dosen't mean its your land. But i don't know what you expect. Its like me owning cornwall would you be okay with that? lulz well seems like im in a very weak position but SPAIN WILL MAKE A JIHAD! on the damn english

    Edit: i didn't demand realese of navarra it was mostly france and then me. France gained more then half of navarra yet u seem to only target me.
    and france fucked me over typical sid move. COMEBACK SCION! liked you so much more
    Last edited by Troxbox; 30-03-2012 at 01:20.
    A God amongst men, a legend amongst women.

    Always Commando

  5. #325
    Tbh, Spain is in no shape atm to go head to head with Britain.

    ---

    would apreciate stats

  6. #326

  7. #327
    Herr General Alfonso V's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kecskemét, Hungary
    Posts
    1,539
    Spain should have built a fleet long ago. Its weak like hell. This effects the poor portugals 2, bcos alone they cant beat britain. I could help by building a strong fleet myself and sending spain money but as long as wazzul doesnt bothers me personally I wont help.
    Last edited by Alfonso V; 30-03-2012 at 09:48.
    "To brave men, the prizes that war offers are liberty and fame" - Lycurgus of Sparta
    -----------------------------------------
    Current MP Games: none
    -----------------------------------------
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986598071/
    Skype: maar.illes -> Alfonso V

  8. #328
    Herr General Alfonso V's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kecskemét, Hungary
    Posts
    1,539
    I would like to state that I dont holde a grudge against Tornadoli as a person. I simply see his as a threat bcos of his unhonorable and ungrateful playstile and bcos he never upholds any agreements at all. Supporting Poland who showed gratitude and loyalty was the logical move so that as a result my relationship with him wont change in the future. I supported Poland before against Austria over Hungary. BB defeated Poland in a previous war where I also helped Poland with money just as well as troops. It would have ment a huge threat for me if BB becomes stronger then Poland. And ofc I had a debt that had to be payed to Austria-Italy. Dont forget that BB was allied with France and Switzerland fighting against Austria-Italy.
    Last edited by Alfonso V; 30-03-2012 at 10:49.
    "To brave men, the prizes that war offers are liberty and fame" - Lycurgus of Sparta
    -----------------------------------------
    Current MP Games: none
    -----------------------------------------
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986598071/
    Skype: maar.illes -> Alfonso V

  9. #329
    Herr General Alfonso V's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kecskemét, Hungary
    Posts
    1,539
    I belive in this game few could have a propblem with my actions. You also eliminated many players includeing BURGUNDY, MAMLUKS, HOLLAND, MILAN
    "To brave men, the prizes that war offers are liberty and fame" - Lycurgus of Sparta
    -----------------------------------------
    Current MP Games: none
    -----------------------------------------
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986598071/
    Skype: maar.illes -> Alfonso V

  10. #330
    Man, Poland's economy is awful :| The sliders for westernisation mean I haven't been able to put points into that delicious free trade.
    It might even be in my interests to release some of my awful cores to try and help things along. I'll have to have a think of the best way to improve things for my backward-ass country. If anyone has any ideas let me know

  11. #331
    Alfonso, don't try to weasel yourself out of it. Even if you had wanted to support Poland, there are plenty of other ways than simply utterly destroying a country.

    Also, I suggest a removal of the "for the lulz" rule. It is obviously very easily circumvented: even when it is in plain sight for everyone that this war was done "for shits and giggles", or in Alfonso's case, for out of game reasons, the GM simply ignores it because he just whipped up some imagined "cause".

    If you need proof, here are some in-thread quotes:

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso V View Post
    Today is the day of the Holy War when my 300k marches to annex BB. I cant wait to make it happen.
    Note: I am not planning to keep any provinces I take. Propably I will just gift them away to Poland or whoever wants them. Money talks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso V View Post
    If you dont plan to fight 2 front wars from now on all the time maybe you should just get over it, bcos u can be god damn sure that poland will happily let me true to deal with BB once and for all. This isn't a joke, Im srly going to build up and send this army. I know that Austria simply can not afford to stop me atm. Once your little war breaks out again my armies will annihilate BB. Isnt it better to get free land instead of being attacked by me? Now let us pretend that this conversation never happened.
    Alfonso clearly stated in the chat many, many times (and explicitly) that he does this just to get revenge for another game. Now, I am not butthurt, but I don't want to be labelled as "unhonorable and ungrateful playstyle and because he never upholds any agreements at all", because of some whiny player who can't realise that we are playing this for fun, and that you shouldn't take grudges from one game to another.

  12. #332
    Herr General Alfonso V's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kecskemét, Hungary
    Posts
    1,539
    I ment it what I said, get ovet it. Find yourself some honor, maybe that will motivate others to help you. Ask anybody in the community about your legendary breaking of agreements every single time. The risk factor is way to high with you around. I saw the future possibility of a strong BB as a threat and I solved the problem.
    "To brave men, the prizes that war offers are liberty and fame" - Lycurgus of Sparta
    -----------------------------------------
    Current MP Games: none
    -----------------------------------------
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986598071/
    Skype: maar.illes -> Alfonso V

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso V View Post
    I ment it what I said, get ovet it. Find yourself some honor, maybe that will motivate others to help you. Ask anybody in the community about your legendary breaking of agreements every single time. The risk factor is way to high with you around. I saw the future possibility of a strong BB as a threat and I solved the problem.
    Yeah, the weakest human state around in the north of Germany will REALLY pose a threat to the Ottomans. If anyone, it's probably Austria you should logically fear, but your personal feelings completely shroud your thinking. And if there is ANYONE who is a risky person, then it is probably you. In every game, you always scream about how you love war, how you want to destroy other people, how you want to set up "deatmatch situations", etc. I don't think you have gotten the spirit of EU3 multiplayer quite yet.

  14. #334
    Herr General Alfonso V's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kecskemét, Hungary
    Posts
    1,539
    If I would rly holde a grudge against you, I simply wouldnt play with you. Belive me its not the case, Im looking foward to do so. You simply can not be trusted and that makes you a liability, that is all. Every other country around me has far better reputation then you so my choice of poland and austria over you was obvious.
    "To brave men, the prizes that war offers are liberty and fame" - Lycurgus of Sparta
    -----------------------------------------
    Current MP Games: none
    -----------------------------------------
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986598071/
    Skype: maar.illes -> Alfonso V

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso V View Post
    I would like to state that I dont holde a grudge against Tornadoli as a person. I simply see his as a threat bcos of his unhonorable and ungrateful playstile and bcos he never upholds any agreements at all.

    To be honest I simply interpret this as "I don't like his playstyle so I am going to kill him out of the game". While I always support sabotaging Tornadoli as much as possible, and I certainly don't like his playstyle, annexing him out of a game because of it goes too far for me. If I was the GM of this game I'd take countermeasure again any such instance from happening since there is no logical reason for the Ottomans to Annex Brandenburg.

  16. #336
    Herr General Alfonso V's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kecskemét, Hungary
    Posts
    1,539
    Nations had been eliminated for far smaller reason before and they will be in the future as well. My reasons dont step out of the line more then any other. The fact that nobody stepped in to stop me from pulling this off perfectly shows this.
    "To brave men, the prizes that war offers are liberty and fame" - Lycurgus of Sparta
    -----------------------------------------
    Current MP Games: none
    -----------------------------------------
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986598071/
    Skype: maar.illes -> Alfonso V

  17. #337
    God, and death, ruler of lords Troxbox's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    238
    Well im still a new player or something like a newer player. I've never played a colonize country so my economy isn't the best and i've learned the importance of buildings which i tended to ignore in the first session. Well i mean i will try to build up a navy and my economy. One or two sessions should be enough.
    For england i will not hold a grudge against you if you just back off from the iberian peninsula. Well for now i will try to enjoy my holiday but this game is so much fun reading about and playing
    A God amongst men, a legend amongst women.

    Always Commando

  18. #338
    Major Scion's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso V View Post
    Nations had been eliminated for far smaller reason before and they will be in the future as well. My reasons dont step out of the line more then any other. The fact that nobody stepped in to stop me from pulling this off perfectly shows this.
    You say it as fact...but have nations been eliminated for less though?

  19. #339
    Second Lieutenant Sickness_'s Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso V View Post
    The fact that nobody stepped in to stop me from pulling this off perfectly shows this.
    Well, that doesn't show anything tbh.
    För sitt land, tog han vapen i hand
    Ett liv för rikets väl

  20. #340
    Sometimes Hero Demi Moderator silktrader's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A woman's womb
    Posts
    5,924
    When the Ottoman Empire (Alfonso) invaded Brandenburg (Tornadoli), neither France (Sid) nor Switzerland (Milktrader) were able to react, because they were entangled in a war against Austria (Sharpcat) and Italy (Saharez). Once the Ottoman Empire was done with Brandenburg, they parked their sweaty regiments in Poland and proceeded to assist Austria with rebels.

    Sid and I were talking about daisies on Mumble, when he mentioned his regret at not being able to rescue Brandenburg. The Swiss wouldn't have helped Brandenburg, simply because they lacked the means, not necessarily the intentions. The French, on the other hand, might have prevented Brandenburg's demise.

    To answer Alfonso's remark: France and Switzerland didn't step in because they were already busy in a war they would later lose. Our inaction didn't stem from our original intention, but from circumstances.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts