+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ultima Ratio" — Thursdays, 20:00 CET

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldRome: Vae Victis500k clubEuropa Universalis IV
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Uldah how come Brittany has the highest income in the game atm while you got annected? Your starting options were the same in my opinion. You made serious mistakes. You cant just sit on your 2 provinces and keep looking at whats happening to you. Try to do something next time. I already told you : your incompetence to make a decision will be the end of you.
    Learn something else as well from this: generaly if you ask something from some1 but he doesnt answare you that means NO.
    "To brave men, the prizes that war offers are liberty and fame" - Lycurgus of Sparta
    -----------------------------------------
    Current MP Games: none
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197986598071/

Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

What happaned to the Mamluks in this session is one of the most retarded things I have ever seen. A whole nation eliminated bcos of 1 province. Unbeliveable! I am still trying to overcome the shock that this could have happened. You guys are rly evil to do something like this and in my opinion it is against the rules of the game. There was no valid reason at all to ruin someone's nation for your own amusement.

"4. Going to war with another player for shits and giggles is NOT allowed. The nature of enforcing this rule is subjective."

Furthermore the Mamluk player surrendered himself but you refused to make peace with him.

"3. Disrespectful treatment of other players is forbidden. Any disputes about in game situations are to be resolved by the GM. Continual harassment of a player will lead to removal from the game".

Those who were responsible for this must be punsihed!
    Last edited by Alfonso V; 09-03-2012 at 04:01.
    "To brave men, the prizes that war offers are liberty and fame" - Lycurgus of Sparta

Sometimes Hero Demi Moderator silktrader's Avatar

Uladh, I don't need to know what happened during the game to remark you're not abiding to the simplest forum rule: foul language isn't tolerated, especially when it's meant to offend. You've expressed your frustration in your last two messages, they're not appropriate: I am deleting them.

I am sorry, there's little I can do to help. I can only advise you to join other games and measure your expectations with those of other players.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by sharpcat View Post
    6) England inevitably reconnects with France, and Burgundy is destroyed, but not before he further backstabs Austria by assaulting Austrian armies in Hesse - despite Austria being Burgundy's only remaining ally and thus only chance at survival.
    I was under the impression that the Burgundian-Austrian alliance was already destroyed when I tried kicking England out of Holland. I therefore did not see the attack in Hesse as a backstab but rather as a defense of my own only avenue for expansion into the HRE.

Anyway, I think that sharpcat overreacted a bit. I tried walking a tightrope between Austria and France and wanted to exploit my position as a power which could tip the scale between the two countries. Given the fact during the first session the Burgundian - French relations were below freezing point and Burgundian-Austrian weren't much better not a totally unwarranted strategy. Granted, I failed miserably. But I neither went against the rules nor did anything immoral, imho. But if you want to punish me for (horribly failing at) looking out for my own interests in stead of following Austria, be my guest. You're the GM.

Nor was my diplomacy all bad during the earlier session. I assume I should have contacted Austria before the start of the game to work out some kind of agreement, but since I had already secured an alliance with England which fell apart about 24 hours before the start of the game, I thought I was sufficiently safe vs a French attack. Of course, now I realize I should have had a backup plan in place.

PS. What happened with egypt?
    Last edited by Lamertu; 09-03-2012 at 05:33.

Master of Cabalic Ceremonies Mach1av3ll1's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Uladh88 View Post
    well that was fun, 1 of the stranger games iv played, if i can get my head around it, it worked like this

england wants to annex holland
    holland ask for austrian and burgandy help
    austria and burgandy help holland
    austria and burgandy sign white peace with england leave holland to die
    holland allies france and france pushes england out of holland
    burgandy and austria ally england and push france out of holland
    england starts sieging holland
    burgandy allies holland and pushes england out of holland
    france allies england and pushes burgandy out of holland
    england sieges holland
    england annexs holland

can anyone else see how FUBARed this game is?
    That is hilarious and excellent and makes me wish I was in this game

Quote Originally Posted by Uladh88 View Post
    ok well as gm you should realy of put me in a country that wasnt going to get annexed from the start
    This is the most stunning display of incompetence I've ever seen in EU3 ever. Where to begin?? Lets see, we can start with the fact that you had two provinces in 1450, which I'm not sure how you managed. Next, is the fact that the Netherlands is a very good colonial nation, with huge income from trade available to it, if you've heard of that aspect of the game, and third is that when you're holland you make deals with your big neighbors, and survive. Find someone to protect you. People rarely get annexed in the Netherlands, and never if they play the game correctly.

Calling Holland as "a country that gets annexed from the start" is just a staggering statement. The community is hesitant to let you into games because you refuse to learn anything and then blame everyone else when you lose. If you wish to continue playing in this community, I would highly recommend you do the following things: Log off. Reflect on the fact that the people who beat you in every campaign are just significantly better than you in every aspect of this game. This is not insult, hyperbole, or condescension, this is cold hard medical fact. Make a new account, pretending to be a new player. Register a copy of eu3. Sign up for a game, and learn from these people instead of looking for excuse to compensate for your bruised ego.

Typing correctly and asking for advice will get you a lot further than how you perform now.

EDIT: It's worth noting you were, in at least one past campaign, a very large and powerful nation: England. You struggled with scotland, and when hansa joined the war you left your fleet off the coast of scotland instead of preventing hanseatic cog drops, of which he managed to do 4 drops. And then when he demanded essex from you, you said "England would be ruined" so he continued to occupy you to force you into a peace, which would ruin England, at which point you quit. Giving you a different country wouldn't make a difference.
    Last edited by Mach1av3ll1; 09-03-2012 at 05:50.
    King of the Netherlands & Most Magnificent GM of Ex Castris Virtute, Tuesdays 1815 GMT (First DW Game past 1800)
    House of Normandie & Most Magnanimous GM of CK2 for Cabal Winners, Sundays 1400 CET (First CK2 game that counts!)
    King of Italy & Most Militaristic GM of Cabal is for Winners, Sundays 1930 CET (Yes, that photo is of me.)

"Do you have any young lustful daughters I can marry?" - Manchester

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1av3ll1 View Post
    That is hilarious and excellent and makes me wish I was in this game

This is the most stunning display of incompetence I've ever seen in EU3 ever. Where to begin?? Lets see, we can start with the fact that you had two provinces in 1450, which I'm not sure how you managed. Next, is the fact that the Netherlands is a very good colonial nation, with huge income from trade available to it, if you've heard of that aspect of the game, and third is that when you're holland you make deals with your big neighbors, and survive. Find someone to protect you. People rarely get annexed in the Netherlands, and never if they play the game correctly.

Calling Holland as "a country that gets annexed from the start" is just a staggering statement. The community is hesitant to let you into games because you refuse to learn anything and then blame everyone else when you lose. If you wish to continue playing in this community, I would highly recommend you do the following things: Log off. Reflect on the fact that the people who kick your ass are just significantly better than you in every way. This is not insult, hyperbole, or condescension, this is cold hard medical fact. Make a new account, pretending to be a new player. Register a copy of eu3. Sign up for a game, and learn from these people instead of looking for excuse to compensate for your bruised ego.

Typing correctly and asking for advice will get you a lot further than how you perform now.
    signed

Actually I declared war on egypt for judea. His country was falling apart from rebels and since I already declared war on him once and failed I saw this as the perfect oppurtunity to take it. Brittany was already at war with him when I joined in so we worked together. Even though his country was starting to fall apart he refused to peace until he brought up his last available army and got it wiped.

The reason his country is destroyed is because of his failure to peace out when the war was already far over.
    Last edited by wazzul; 09-03-2012 at 06:07.

Master of Cabalic Ceremonies Mach1av3ll1's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Also, Saharez, you doubling your fleet cause Sid asked your navy size.

The world must be so scary from your eyes <3
    King of the Netherlands & Most Magnificent GM of Ex Castris Virtute, Tuesdays 1815 GMT (First DW Game past 1800)
    House of Normandie & Most Magnanimous GM of CK2 for Cabal Winners, Sundays 1400 CET (First CK2 game that counts!)
    King of Italy & Most Militaristic GM of Cabal is for Winners, Sundays 1930 CET (Yes, that photo is of me.)

"Do you have any young lustful daughters I can marry?" - Manchester

Why would someone ruin his own country bcos of 1 province that normaly gets sold for 100-200 gold? Furthermore it is useful for a muslim nation to have borders with a western one. I am not going to buy this story. It is against basic logic. In my opinion you just did not accept his surrender "for shits and giggles" and laughed at him while his country broke bcos of the rebels. If you look at the facts its far more likely that he is the one telling the truth and you are the one lieing but this judgement is not mine to make.

First of all I already declared war on him earlier for judea and we had a pretty good fight with 48k vs ~50k were he defended against my attack and I peaced him out.
    So that shows I didn't do it for shits and giggles, he should of known that I would probably try it again.

Second I asked him maybe 5 times to peace out because I had captured judea and his country was being overrun by rebels. He did not accept in fact he waited a year after this happened to send a stack at me only to be wiped. Then he finally agreed to peace out.

So basically somehow it is my fault that he refused to peace out? He is the one who refused to peace. He only accepted after his country was completely trashed. I can't do anything if he refuses to peace. Should I just say hmmm he is destroying his country I better white peace him now and not let him do it?
    Last edited by wazzul; 09-03-2012 at 06:29.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

I confess my ignorance regarding the war against the Egyptians, but if indeed the Mamluks refused peace (which is their right to do, of course) and continued the war of their own accord they must accept the consequences of doing so.
    sharpcat@hotmail.co.uk
    Steam ID: 'catchin_wreck'

MOROCCO in 'Cabal is for Winners'
    ENGLAND in 'Est Modus in Rebus'
    AUSTRIA in 'Ultima Ratio'

From what I have heared it was England who refused to make peace not the Mamluks. Is it possible to mine the log of the chat from the save?
    Furthermore this whole NL elimination stinks for me. Why did you annex NL if you released them immeditaly after? You did not gain anything from it this way. Was it also "for shits and giggles"? Are you haveing fun ruining other's game without an actual reason or gain? Look at it when Austria eliminated Milan or France did the same with Burgundy. They both gained from it, but you did not gain anything.

Actually I peaced with him right away after he FINALLY accepted. It was brittany who didn't so take that up with him. Please don't trash me with false information.

Besides the fact that I now have a rich vassal and one less colonizing naval power and that theres one less free trader on the map. I guess you could argue that I didn't gain anything.

I find your way of playing dishonorable and shameful. In my opinion it is against the rules of this game.

Same could be said about you and your taking of eventual cored russian lands.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Chill, guys. No rules have been broken to the best of my knowledge!
    sharpcat@hotmail.co.uk
    Steam ID: 'catchin_wreck'

MOROCCO in 'Cabal is for Winners'
    ENGLAND in 'Est Modus in Rebus'
    AUSTRIA in 'Ultima Ratio'

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso V View Post
    I find your way of playing dishonorable and shameful. In my opinion it is against the rules of this game.
    One could say the same of your ludicrous demand on ALL Sunni land previously owned by the Golden Horde at the outset of our war, even though I had just defeated their armies whilst you cowered in Anatolia. Unfortunately for you, however, you came too far into the cold wastes of the North. I hope you take note of Muscowy's benevolence in letting you retain some of the pre-conquered land you took from the Horde before our war when I could have punished you further.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Lamertu View Post
    I was under the impression that the Burgundian-Austrian alliance was already destroyed when I tried kicking England out of Holland. I therefore did not see the attack in Hesse as a backstab but rather as a defense of my own only avenue for expansion into the HRE.

Anyway, I think that sharpcat overreacted a bit. I tried walking a tightrope between Austria and France and wanted to exploit my position as a power which could tip the scale between the two countries. Given the fact during the first session the Burgundian - French relations were below freezing point and Burgundian-Austrian weren't much better not a totally unwarranted strategy. Granted, I failed miserably. But I neither went against the rules nor did anything immoral, imho. But if you want to punish me for (horribly failing at) looking out for my own interests in stead of following Austria, be my guest. You're the GM.

Nor was my diplomacy all bad during the earlier session. I assume I should have contacted Austria before the start of the game to work out some kind of agreement, but since I had already secured an alliance with England which fell apart about 24 hours before the start of the game, I thought I was sufficiently safe vs a French attack. Of course, now I realize I should have had a backup plan in place.

PS. What happened with egypt?
    You completely failed basic diplomacy this session.
    If you are going to backstab someone, make damn sure you have a very solid backup plan.
    instead you attacked your only possible backup plans.
    And impressively, all within a matter of minutes.

I don't really have the time right now, so I'll try to make it short, anyways:

Wazzul havent done anything wrong at all, I was expecting a war with him either at the start of the game or later (f'eks during a succession crisis). That it happened during another war and a double succsession crisis howerver, I was not prepared for
    The reason I was waiting so long (to long) was because I had two Defensive Alliances, both were busy at the time for as far as I know good reasons, but it took time before I got a proper statement that they really were busy. Again, it is possibly my fault for not having such things cleared out before the war, but theres not much I can do but learn from it right now. There were a couple of rules that was broken during the war though (not by wazzul), but theres probably nothing I can do about that so I'd rather just ignore it...

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Regarding those rules, then i would like to once again request that the peace rules be reviewed.
    They are not actually usable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast